Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

I found myself not being able to sleep very well last night at all because I took some Mesomorph before my workout at around 5:30 pm.

I really don't want to work out without my preworkout, but if some of the veterans here do it, maybe I can take some advice.

Any of you guys workout without a preworkout supplement?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    I found myself not being able to sleep very well last night at all because I took some Mesomorph before my workout at around 5:30 pm.

I really don't want to work out without my preworkout, but if some of the veterans here do it, maybe I can take some advice.

not sure if i can link this... Delete if needed... (its not a source)

https://supplementreviews.com/the-ge...-caffeine-free

but i would take a look at this product man
    •   

3. I'm in on this. I'm the same way If I go to the gym with out it my workout will suck. I end up being that crack head saying "hey man you got some pre workout?" I can't go lifting with out some pwo I know it's not healthy but my workout will just suck.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer on Website
    I was very pleased with this product, and I love the idea of working out late and securing my sleep with a non-caffeinated Pre-Workout. This product is absolutely a contender for being anyone's go-to pre-workout, and because it has no caffeine..it should and will be enticing for many.
    see above
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

A Pre-workout is not needed to have a good workout. Do the ingredients have an effect to help improve a workout? Absolutely, but they are not necessary that is why they are called "Supplements". These are made to help supplement your diet and training routine.

If you eat properly to fuel your workout = Plenty of fuel to sustain energy, focus, and a good workout
    Get plenty of sleep = Good amount of energy to help your workout
    Change your mental mindset to go lift, and improve = setting yourself up for a great workout.

A powder or pill should not dictate how well you workout, you have to be internally motivated to workout and enjoy the hobby of lifting weights. I lift 90% of the year without a pre-workout because that way when I do use them they are more effective. OP Could look into ergogenic aids to help with performance and endurance especially training later at night, or possibly a non-stim pre-workout (but again not 100% necessary to have a great workout)

Ergogenic's:
    PES Ergonine & Iforce Finish Line come to mind. Powermax XT which I am using now is also a great product which very high doses you could use pre/intra workout and sip on.

Non-Stim:
    Scivation Quake Non-Stim (Currently Buy One Get 1 Free), Noxygen (Purus Labs $14 currently), PES High Volume. But again these are not 100% necessary.

What does your pre-workout nutrition look like? Are you well hydrated? Those are 2 huge factors to set yourself up for a great workout without taking a pre powder. I would just focus on consuming the bulk of your carbs pre, and possibly adding some HBCD or intra-workout carbs during your training to keep your endurance and performance up, then follow up with a nice post-workout meal to cap your calories for the day.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

6. Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

I have had good success with MRM Driven as a pre, have notice a difference when I don't use a pre. It might only be 2-3 reps out 15, but it gets me my full 15.

7. Hey man, I've been using Mesomorph every workout for my last like 35 workouts, and I know what you say! First day I took it, I couldn't sleep, second too. But it's about when u take it! Everything has a half-life time (idk how y say iy in english) but for instance, if u get 100mg caffeine, in a certain amount of hours, its 50mg, then 25mg.... so you can look up caffeine and DMAA 1,3, and calculate it. Or, just workout earlier in the day. I find that when I work out 17:00 or earlier, I can sleep well, and that's when I sleep around 01.30 or so. So 5.5 hours if I'm right, will do it for me. But for today or many other days, I train around 15.00 and sleep around 02 haha. And my workouts have been ridiculously insane bro

8. Never taken a pre workout, train fasted around 6am and consume oats approx 1.5 hours before 2nd session at 6pm.

9. I workout sometimes at 4PM and go to bed at 8pm....so I take a scoop of Mesomorph at about 1PM. You don't have to take it exactly 45 minutes before the workout, and you don't have to take exactly 1.0000000000000 scoops. It's ok to take half a scoop or even 0.50000000001 scoops.

10. I've barely ever used a pre-workout. I think a lot of it is placebo, it's kind of the thing to do nowadays. Some of the ingredients may have a positive effect on the workout, but they aren't necessary to take before the workout even for this to happen - Beta Alanine for instance. This ingredient doesn't help your workout just because you took it before you went to workout...just take it for a few weeks and let it build up in your system and it will have the same effect.

Agmatine, Citrulline, Glycerol, etc. - if you want the pump, etc. - these won't keep you awake.

Sometimes I take preworkouts, it can be fun, and once you drink it you kind of feel committed - but I workout more without it than I do with it.

11. The only time i take my preworkout (focus xt) is if I feel like I'm completely dragging. I try not to allow myself to become reliant on it.

Sometimes if needed I'll just drink half of a kombucha before hand and I'm good to go, otherwise proper pre workout nutrition (no carbs) and my music fuel my training.

12. Never done a pre workout. My best pre workout has been my mind. And I won 3 natural pro cards my 25 year competitive career.

13. SNS makes bulk supplements at affordable prices. Some of the aforementioned products mentioned are agmatine, beta alanine, and citrulline, in the form of citrulline malate.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com

14. Personally I don;t use to many PWO. I have a BP issue. I use them more intra to keep energy levels going towards the end of my workout.
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10 WWW.mindandmuscle.com
    Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com

15. If you don't want the cracked out feel, caffiene free preworkouts or good ol bcaas should be ok. Or even something like celltech should be good for preworkout. But 2 cups of green tea works for me it might make you piss a little frequent during the work out but its usually first two weeks then your body is used to it.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Ursa Major View Post
    If you don't want the cracked out feel, caffiene free preworkouts or good ol bcaas should be ok. Or even something like celltech should be good for preworkout. But 2 cups of green tea works for me it might make you piss a little frequent during the work out but its usually first two weeks then your body is used to it.
    BCAA's wold be a complete waste of money, and counterproductive if you hit your protein intake for the 24 hour period.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post

SNS Focus-XT caffeine free with some SNS Agmatine sulfate and SNS citrulline Malate. I've used this multiple times when training later in the evening.

18. Just coffee for me

19. Yes and no. Definitely won't die without one, but sometimes use one as I workout at 4.30am on lifting days. Afternoon speed or cardio sessions I avoid pre's as they mess with my sleep as well.

Sometimes I use them on days i'm really dragging, and I use it to change my mindset from 'tired' to, 'workout mode'., rather than for any real performance benefit.
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

20. I've never taken a pre-workout and don't have any future plans to do so. I see way too many people using them as a crutch or a deciding factor in whether or not they work out, or whether their session is sub-par or great. I always shake my head when I see those 20-something year old fitness bloggers on youtube who can't lift without mixing a Monster with some prewo. It's all personal conditioning....and social conditioning too.

I certainly don't look down on anybody who chooses to use them, though. If somebody believes they need a pwo to train, I suppose it's better than not training at all.

My best sessions always seem to come when I'm beat tired and running on minimal sleep. I seem to be able to focus myself more, and then take it up a notch and push myself. We're certainly all different in the way we respond to the factors around us, so I'm okay with the knowledge that some people feel that they need them for an extra boost sometimes. As a crutch or a deciding factor, certainly not.

I seem to have good weight sessions when I consume a light meal 90 minutes before training, consisting of complex carbs, whey protein, and some healthy fats. Fasted morning cardio almost always gives me a great energy boost for the day.

21. Sns focus xt is best "mild" caffeine based pre workout. Just use half scoop. Mesomorph is about strongest on the market. DMAA for me has to be taken at LEAST 5 hrs from going to bed.

22. I train start my training anywhere from 6:00pm-8:00pm, and have to be awake between 4:30am-6:00am depending on where I'm working, so night late night stims for me.

I stack Triumph+High Volume. Gets the job done for me.

23. Not needed
    Sometimes I use one, other times I don't.

I remember when there was no such thing as a pre-workout drink

24. The problem with PWO is addiction. Train your mind well and stay out of it for a while. You'll know you don't need them to get a good workout. I only take a PWO on my Leg day and back day (sometimes).

25. I haven't been using one for energy for a while now. I'll drink coffee in the morning and I have a couple weak pre workouts that I do take before the gym but only to get rid of my caffeine headaches before training, but I get nothing from them energy wise. if I have drank coffee beforehand, then I am perfectly fine without using one.

I do train fasted a lot of times so a good pump pre workout would be helpful.

The majority of energy focused products either flat out do nothing, or make me sick with too much stimulant feeling.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does anyone not else wait the half hour for pre-WO?
    By ShadowFury in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
  4. Does anyone else take a gnarly deuce after every workout?
    By RoboGiblets in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  5. Does Anyone NOT Directly Train Their Hamstrings?
    By ShadowOne in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 08:55 PM