Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    I think you guys should reconsider using Niacin as a means of improving lipid profiles, while it does increase HDL, it does not having any meaningful impact of the beneficial aspects of HDL functionality (cholesterol efflux or anti-inflammatory properties). Recent findings have shown Niacin treatment doesn't reduce CAD events.

Some light reading
    http://www.atherosclerosis-journal.c...090-3/fulltext
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4746727/
    But, but, but I have scientific studies too!

Of course I was making some supplement-nerd humor because they both said, "Niacin has another effect...I just can't remember...." And it turns out, niacin may improve memory.

But it is interesting how we study ingredients and get results and it never goes anywhere. In contrast, @The_Old_Guy said something once that was spot on - I do lots of things that I'm not sure what the exact health benefits are, but I believe long term they are good for me - like eating broccoli.

I wonder if there is any science around the health aspects of broccoli? I've never looked...maybe I will later.

I also had a doctor once debating the benefits of N-Acetylcysteine for someone taking tylenol chronically. He asked how I had used it - I had originally bought some for my girlfriend who wanted to try it for her asthma - and he asked, "Did it cure her?" ...I bit my tongue but it was hard...I could have asked, "Have you ever cured asthma?" Sometimes a single "cure" isn't really the point.

Quote Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
    The only time I take a preworkout is before house chores, before mowing the lawn, or when I'm watching my 4 month old son without my wife around.
    Lol - how'd watching your son go? Great, I was running around with him for hours and now I've got this killer pump!

2. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    But, but, but I have scientific studies too!

Of course I was making some supplement-nerd humor because they both said, "Niacin has another effect...I just can't remember...." And it turns out, niacin may improve memory.

But it is interesting how we study ingredients and get results and it never goes anywhere. In contrast, @The_Old_Guy said something once that was spot on - I do lots of things that I'm not sure what the exact health benefits are, but I believe long term they are good for me - like eating broccoli.

I wonder if there is any science around the health aspects of broccoli? I've never looked...maybe I will later.

I also had a doctor once debating the benefits of N-Acetylcysteine for someone taking tylenol chronically. He asked how I had used it - I had originally bought some for my girlfriend who wanted to try it for her asthma - and he asked, "Did it cure her?" ...I bit my tongue but it was hard...I could have asked, "Have you ever cured asthma?" Sometimes a single "cure" isn't really the point.

Lol - how'd watching your son go? Great, I was running around with him for hours and now I've got this killer pump!
    I am simply not convinced that cholesterol values have much to do with heart disease. The data just isn't there for me to draw that conclusion.

Broccoli is amazing stuff. Contains sulforphane which is a natural anti-cancer and anti-estrogen
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Maybe you guys should load up on niacin, given these two posts. See below:

https://universityhealthnews.com/dai...imers-disease/

Also, funny about the insulin sensitivity thing....I've seen studies that say it is helpful in diabetics I believe...
    I don't need it, my HDL is 90. IIRC below 40 or 30 is where you should worry (too lazy to look at the range). Then there's the "only particle sizes really matter" argument for even high LDL, which makes sense. I don't worry about my lipids, just pass along what I read and hear - which is countered by what others read and hear

4. Quote Originally Posted by EricMarchewitz View Post
    I am simply not convinced that cholesterol values have much to do with heart disease. The data just isn't there for me to draw that conclusion.

Broccoli is amazing stuff. Contains sulforphane which is a natural anti-cancer and anti-estrogen
    Yeah, I think it isn't a simple cause and effect situation at all. I think there is a role, but there are a lot of roles. A lot if times we see things like our body uses one pathway or system to achieve and outcome and we don't realize that when a preferred pathway breaks, we switch to another pathway to achieve the goal and survive. They all intermingle and having one that is "off" may signal an issue but things could still be fine.

And there are a TON of chemicals in broccoli that really do make it a super food. My grandmother is on warfarin and doesn't eat greens like broccoli because of that, and it is amazing to research her issues and realize how much if it tracks back to a chemical that broccoli, spinach, etc. Would provide.

5. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    I don't need it, my HDL is 90. IIRC below 40 or 30 is where you should worry (too lazy to look at the range). Then there's the "only particle sizes really matter" argument for even high LDL, which makes sense. I don't worry about my lipids, just pass along what I read and hear - which is countered by what others read and hear
    It was a joke. You said it had a side effect but you can't remember....niacin helps in Alzheimer's. I am just not very funny
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    It was a joke. You said it had a side effect but you can't remember....niacin helps in Alzheimer's. I am just not very funny
    Niacin deficiency may result in loss of sense of humour

7. So, am I deficient? Or is everyone else deficient?

8. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    I know a guy with a study who knows a guy.....
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    This post cracked me up, so I disagree with you sir!

10. Quote Originally Posted by EricMarchewitz View Post

broccoli contains indole 3 carbinol which i believe has these effects yes? also brussel sprouts, cauliflower and some others
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

11. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Ahhhhh.... LOL. Maybe I'm not astute? Is there a pill for that?

12. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    He already told you, you need niacin. It's worse than I thought.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Who said I ever "fooled around with the sup industry"? We all do things for a purpose (at least, I should hope so). And just because I am not as vocal does not mean I'm not "here".
    I was putting it in the nicest way possible as I've watched you rep for a number of companies, and didn't see a company rep in your sig.
    But glad you're doing well.

Go Clemson.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/295439-brofessorx-vanquishes-his.html#post5813550

14. Quote Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
    The only time I take a preworkout is before house chores, before mowing the lawn, or when I'm watching my 4 month old son without my wife around.
    Quote Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
    I also take a preworkout before meetings that last more than 2 hours. I went through 15 years of college. I just can't listen to people talk for extended periods of time about topics that don't interest me without a little something extra in the system.
    I too have taken pre workouts before less than desirable tasks. Being forced to be somewhere is bad enough as it is, especially if its just bureaucracy and not even interesting...and of course cleaning is much easier with stims. Though I do not have children my brother has two young daughters and I can barely keep up with them..their idea of playing is having me hop on one leg and kick a ball and then do it again...for no apparent reason. lol I can't remember if I was like that at those ages (6 and 4). But at least there is no diaper changing involved...

15. I'd like to implement a policy where participants in bureaucratic meetings are required to snort no less than 2 12" lines of preworkout. Pure DMAA or Caffiene would be an acceptable substitute.
    YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/DominicDNO (Health & Fitness Info.)

Goal: Set a USAPL Bench Press Record, Total over 1,600lbs at 185lbs

16. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    So, am I deficient? Or is everyone else deficient?
    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    This post cracked me up, so I disagree with you sir!
    Sweet! #Winning

Glad I don't need anymore...uh...wait, what were we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    He already told you, you need niacin. It's worse than I thought.
    Lmao - in reality, we can't fault him. Our brains only have so much capacity, like a cup holding water. The_old_guy is clearly over full...and you better watch out too, you must be getting pretty close. As for me...I've got plenty of room. Lots of empty boxes in my attic.

Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post
    I was putting it in the nicest way possible as I've watched you rep for a number of companies, and didn't see a company rep in your sig.
    Rosie is a great person and to be honest, I bet she gets rep offers....but she is hesitant to rep anything she doesn't trust and believe in as far as I can tell. I hate to speak for her, but that is what I see.

17. Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post

I see. I wouldn't call TWO "a number of companies". Always assumptions.
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

18. Lulz.

Go Clemson.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/295439-brofessorx-vanquishes-his.html#post5813550

19. ugh i may have a problem..i drink PWO's everyday..even if im not training..
    also a PWO horder.. I enjoy variety , i have a different one for everyday...i need help...lol

20. Quote Originally Posted by troybrown View Post
    ugh i may have a problem..i drink PWO's everyday..even if im not training..
    also a PWO horder.. I enjoy variety , i have a different one for everyday...i need help...lol
    I have like 4 I havenít opened yet and 6 I have currently in my cabinet. I feel your pain lol

21. Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post
    Lulz.
    Your comments were either taken the wrong way, or theres a history here Im unaware of.

22. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I have like 4 I haven’t opened yet and 6 I have currently in my cabinet. I feel your pain lol
    lol...Im a sucker for BOGO deals....in rotation now i currently have every flavor of reign, every flavor of kraken ,every flavor of meso(minus tutti frutti)(messed up thing is i had all that meso already, i didnt stock up becuz of recent news) every flavor of sidewalk krakka...2 tubs of Hyde and 2 tubs of hypermax xt coming in the mail monday or tuesday..yep im heading to PWO ANONYMOUS in no time.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Your comments were either taken the wrong way, or theres a history here Im unaware of.
    A little of both.

Go Clemson.

24. Quote Originally Posted by troybrown View Post
    lol...Im a sucker for BOGO deals....in rotation now i currently have every flavor of reign, every flavor of kraken ,every flavor of meso(minus tutti frutti)(messed up thing is i had all that meso already, i didnt stock up becuz of recent news) every flavor of sidewalk krakka...2 tubs of Hyde and 2 tubs of hypermax xt coming in the mail monday or tuesday..yep im heading to PWO ANONYMOUS in no time.
    Haha...I feel a little better about myself and my supplement addiction now.

No offense...

25. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Haha...I feel a little better about myself and my supplement addiction now.

No offense...
    lol..none taken brother, PWO addict crew!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does anyone not else wait the half hour for pre-WO?
    By ShadowFury in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
  4. Does anyone else take a gnarly deuce after every workout?
    By RoboGiblets in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  5. Does Anyone NOT Directly Train Their Hamstrings?
    By ShadowOne in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 08:55 PM