Does anyone NOT take a preworkout before a workout?

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Shouldn't be working under a car without axle stands anyway
    HARD-CORRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Now that I think about it, I didn't really start using pre workouts until I became an adult lol.

Usually kids use them an adults are like pass the coffee. What's that say about me
    I usually drink my morning coffee a couple hours before I exercise, if I drink it like a pre, 15-30 min before, it upsets my stomach.
    Plus coffee treats me like the og superdump 250.

Go Clemson.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/295439-brofessorx-vanquishes-his.html#post5813550
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    And oral steroids.
    Yes, but we have those today too now don't we. So what's your point?

My point is we don't "need" preworkouts and all these fancy products. Sure, they help, but they obviously aren't necessary.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cstallion View Post

My point is we don't "need" preworkouts and all these fancy products. Sure, they help, but they obviously aren't necessary.
    They are one of the highest profit margin products in the industry (*especially* if prop blended) - so they get pimped like crazy. I'm cheap, so if I want something Pre, it's a cup of Black Coffee/Green Tea, some cheap Noot/s (Choline/Hup-A, etc...) and some Cit-Mal.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cstallion View Post

Idk that anyone is saying they're necessary, but like you said they help. The supplement industry has been developing and improving for years. That's why they didn't use them back then...
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SimplyDaft View Post
    How should I approach another bro at the gym for candy at the gym?
    I'm looking to start my first cycle and trying to figure how to get my hands on some gear without being scammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Find the biggest guy in the locker room and jerk him off. Then he will help u out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post
    Just 1 dude? Dang, they told me I had to jerk everyone off in the locker room! I got cheated!
    Oh, I forgot, "no homo."

Go Clemson.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/295439-brofessorx-vanquishes-his.html#post5813550

7. Oops my bad, wrong thread.

Go Clemson.

8. Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post
    Oops my bad, wrong thread.
    LOL

9. Haha wtf
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

10. Quote Originally Posted by brofessorx View Post
    Oops my bad, wrong thread.
    lmfaoo

11. Quote Originally Posted by sandpig View Post
    Not needed
    Sometimes I use one, other times I don't.

I remember when there was no such thing as a pre-workout drink
    I do too. Have long have you been into the supplement game? 2002 here when I really got into it.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

12. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I do too. Have long have you been into the supplement game? 2002 here when I really got into it.
    around 2000 here

13. A piece of fruit and a cup of coffee should work just fine...

14. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    SNS Focus-XT caffeine free with some SNS Agmatine sulfate and SNS citrulline Malate.
    I've used this multiple times when training later in the evening.
    This is my go to regimen. Focus XT Caffeine Free + Agmatine XT
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire

15. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    We had Ultimate Orange and Hot Stuff back in the 90's
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire

16. I Love PWO, but for those that train at night, forget about sleeping. When i take at night usually i sleep at 3 to 4a.m

Have anyone tried Beta Alanine standalone as pwo?

17. Quote Originally Posted by bruno.camilo View Post
    I Love PWO, but for those that train at night, forget about sleeping. When i take at night usually i sleep at 3 to 4a.m

Have anyone tried Beta Alanine standalone as pwo?
    BA does nothing acutely, and doesn't help at all unless your exertion event is in the 120 second + (?? Look exact time up) range. Weights alone, don't need it. Long Sled Drags, Farmer's Carries, CultFit TM etc... it can help. But it's so cheap in bulk, it's like a "hey, why not" 4 cents a day type supp.

18. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    BA does nothing acutely, and doesn't help at all unless your exertion event is in the 120 second + (?? Look exact time up) range. Weights alone, don't need it. Long Sled Drags, Farmer's Carries, CultFit TM etc... it can help. But it's so cheap in bulk, it's like a "hey, why not" 4 cents a day type supp.
    Yeah, i was thinking about buying in bulk form, and it comes with a scoop of 3.2 grams. Well the BA tingles gives some placebo effect for mind energy. But i never tried it standalone as i said.

19. When I started lifting and taking supplements in 91, we had the real ephedra and weight gainer. I'd consume about 3000 calories, take a few ephedra and go bananas for 3 hours.

20. In the 2000's damn good strong pre was ephedrine as a supp. Just take 2 or 3 ripped fuel or xenadrine 45 minutes pre workout

21. Before 2004

22. Quote Originally Posted by bruno.camilo View Post
    Yeah, i was thinking about buying in bulk form, and it comes with a scoop of 3.2 grams. Well the BA tingles gives some placebo effect for mind energy. But i never tried it standalone as i said.
    The Paresthesia lasts for like 2 minutes... but whatwver works for you Add 5g of GABA and Niacin if you benefit from "tingles" LOL.

23. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    The Paresthesia lasts for like 2 minutes... but whatwver works for you Add 5g of GABA and Niacin if you benefit from "tingles" LOL.
    is this serious or sarcasm. I wanted to comment too about the BA tingles getting me in the zone, but as you mentioned it does only last a few minutes and wouldnt mind feeling that a bit longer

24. Quote Originally Posted by rowz4broz View Post
    is this serious or sarcasm. I wanted to comment too about the BA tingles getting me in the zone, but as you mentioned it does only last a few minutes and wouldnt mind feeling that a bit longer
    Well, it's not dead serious as far as using it for any performance benefit, but 3g of GABA has been studied PrWO for (it doesn't matter anyway) higher transient GH output - I've done up to 5g and get paresthesia like a mofo. Niacin is well known for flush. So 50/50 on "seriousness".

25. Never got the tingles from BA.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does anyone not else wait the half hour for pre-WO?
    By ShadowFury in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM
  4. Does anyone else take a gnarly deuce after every workout?
    By RoboGiblets in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 09:25 AM
  5. Does Anyone NOT Directly Train Their Hamstrings?
    By ShadowOne in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 07:55 PM