Is there anything for evening energy?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I tend to have an energy and motivation crash 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. But stimulants and fat loss supps at that time make it impossible to sleep (even though I'm still TIRED at bedtime after taking one of those 2 to 3 hours earlier).

Is there anything I can take to give me a lift for those last few hours of the day while still allowing me to drift to sleep at bedtime?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I don't drink coffee, but I could experiment with cutting a caffeine pill to find a dose that doesn't keep me up.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't drink coffee, but I could experiment with cutting a caffeine pill to find a dose that doesn't keep me up.
Antaeus Labs psyche could be worth looking into... single pills have 35 mg caffeine plus a couple other ingredients

Killcure666

Awards
Sulbutiamine. Nootropic which consists of two thiamine molecules bonded together via sulfide bond.

Used it all the time during undergrad for late nights studying. Non stim like focus, easy to fall asleep an hour or two after taking it. As a bonus I felt enhanced sleep quality !

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
1 cap nootrol has just right amount caffeine to give me a boost at night without keeping me up

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I find a good Green strain of Kratom to be slightly stimulating for a couple of hours and turns into a nice relaxing feel afterwards. I wouldn't use it daily though.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Volatile by Formutech Nutrition is a very low dosed stimulant preworkout. Only 125 mg. You could try that.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Volatile by Formutech Nutrition is a very low dosed stimulant preworkout. Only 125 mg. You could try that.
OP, are you looking for energy for a late workout? If not, I just don't see the point in going with a pre-workout (and paying for PWO ingredients) if you aren't going to be working out. That's just me though.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
OP, are you looking for energy for a late workout? If not, I just don't see the point in going with a pre-workout (and paying for PWO ingredients) if you aren't going to be working out. That's just me though.
No, not for a late workout. I just hate being tired for the last 3 hours of the day. I'd like to be able to get some work done -- desk type work.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Noopept and caffeine
Those two both sound like substances that would make sleep impossible. How, specifically, have you used them for late night energy that doesn't disrupt sleep?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those two both sound like substances that would make sleep impossible. How, specifically, have you used them for late night energy that doesn't disrupt sleep?
Yes when i was studying for 8 months for an exam i had to take

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Half a tab of caffeine...noopept helps with concentration and motivation but will not keep you awake
What's the closest to bedtime you've gotten away with that?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
No, not for a late workout. I just hate being tired for the last 3 hours of the day. I'd like to be able to get some work done -- desk type work.
In that case, I would just go with a standard caffeine pill like caffeine power by hitech. They are a little strong so I would snap one in half for 100mg or so.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For desk type work for 3 hours, I would say that Performax Nootropimax would do a nice job. It looks like it contains a hefty amount of caffeine but it really doesn't, given the two different forms and the other ingredients that balance it out. People seem to love Evomuse Clear Edge as well, which I have never tried...good luck getting it though!

A powdered stim could do you well as it will hit you quicker and you could more easily experiment with dosage as well. OL Bloodshred WAR (not RAW with AY) would be a solid choice there.

Oh, as much as I hate promoting anything PES nowadays. The current version of Alphamine may be just enough to give you a bit of a boost for three hours or so for late night desk work depending on your stim tolerance.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Extra cold shower and a small snack.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I use the caffeine pills from Hi-tech once in awhile. If you only took 1/2 a tab, the $7.00 bottle would last pretty long. You may be able to find other caffeine pills too. Coffee seems like a great possibility as well. No matter what you choose, it will cost money for a supplement or anything you ingest to help provide what your looking for (unless you grow it or someone gives it to you).

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Coffee or tea...if you dont either you should start....the health benefits of both or over whelming

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would look for a pump product. This will work for you if your trying to avoid stims later in the evening.