DMAA mesmomorph

Jeffcarelly

Awards
So I recently just got a new bottle of Mesmomorph with the 1, 3 DMAA in it. I've taken it twice now and I have concerns. I was wondering if anyone here could give me advice or chime in on this discussion. Btw I apologize for grammar.. I'm currently typing this on my phone at work, bear with me.

So I abused meth on and off for 2 years. I've been sober 5 months now and I feel much better and as months go by I feel my brain re learning things I had forgot and coming back to my old self.. one week ago I got my bottle of mesmo.. I took it gave me great energy and had a great workout.. however I noticed 3 to 4 hours after taking it I experience something very similar to a less harsh but still very close to a meth come down..

On both days I've taken it I wouldn't want to eat for hours and had no appetite. I also would do things I would do on meth such as Obsesive compulsive behavior. I would be glued to my phone for hours texting. A real strung out tweeked out feeling .. I also felt paranoia later in the day.. all these things remind me of a meth come down and I have decided I should stop talking this product..

It may work fine for other people but as for someone recovering from meth as myself with heavy abuse of snorting meth and staying up for days on ends.. I have rewired my brain and may have even developed early symptoms of paranoid delusions and skitzophrenia.. when I take this product it brings back all the bad memories and feelings of being on meth and I hate it..

My question is I am afraid to continue taking this products. I know it may not be meth but it has chemicals and compounds in it that mimic things very similar to meth.. I know the feeling all to well.. I feel like when I take this product it may be hampering my recovery .. the days after I use it I feel depressed and odd as if life is void and dull and it's hard to be optimistic about things..

Does anyone know for a recovering addict like me if this product is safe to keep using because I feel it is not.. I believe it may be doing more damage to my brain and receptors or dopamine levels that I do not need at this point.. it basically almost feels like I through all my recovery out the window and did a gram of meth last night .. although no where near to being as intense as meth .. there r very similar but more milder attributes .

Has anyone here noticed something similar ? Who may be in a position similar to mine ? I know for most ppl who never abused meth it must work great.. the same way meth works great the first few months Until it becomes a living hell..

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, if its messing with you like that stop taking it. It is a stimulant so even though its not an amphetamine per say it could still work via the same pathways. I would just get rid of it and use something caffeine based. Stay away from dmaa

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on your sobriety

Some people crash a few hours after taking DMAA preworkouts. When the OG Jack3d came out there were times I'd come home from the gym and pass out and feel unmotivated for the rest of the day. I can't say I've had that problem with the current DMAA preworkouts out right now.

You might want to try a preworkout with DMHA instead of DMAA. It isn't as strong as DMAA and might not effect you in a negative way.

utahheights

Awards
Congratulations on your sobriety.

From experience of abusing meth for three years straight. You are no where near trying any stimulates. I have been sober for 10 years and I am still cautious about what I put in my body. I have also tested Mesmo 1,3 DMAA it does give you that high.

5 months clean off meth is good, most poeple won't understand. But why are you taking chemicals just yet.

If I have learned anything from these forms(guys)
Diet, diet, diet and diet. Supplements are there to help you with something you can't already achieve from your diet.

Poeple that have years of discipline, use supplements because we hit a "plateau" where diet and exercise can't get me to that next step and I have learned to listen to my body because I stayed away for supplements.

It's great that you are getting clean! The road is narrow and few travel it.
It's not gonna be easy, ain't gonna bullsh*t you. But the reward is worth it for me.

When I was using I weighed in and 175 lbs. Now I am at 250 lbs. Have my O.C.D. which are meal preps and the gym ( period)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, if its messing with you like that stop taking it. It is a stimulant so even though its not an amphetamine per say it could still work via the same pathways. I would just get rid of it and use something caffeine based. Stay away from dmaa
Agreed with this. I'd look into another pre that doesn't have dmaa and see if that works better for you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with all the above and congratulations. I crash incredibly hard on DMAA to the point where I am forced to nap a few hours after or I cannot function. My wife does not experience and seems to be completely fine. It's different for each and I'd look for an alternate source of energy. I personally would recommend looking for one, or just take, that includes rhodiola and or l-tyrosine. Then you get an added benefit of dopamine boost for mood.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
As a former meth addict myself, I will agree that DMAA felt similar in some ways the couple of times I used it. Based on your reaction to it and the fact that you are less than 6 months clean, I would strongly advise you not to take it again and get rid of it.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
So I recently just got a new bottle of Mesmomorph with the 1, 3 DMAA in it. I've taken it twice now and I have concerns. I was wondering if anyone here could give me advice or chime in on this discussion. Btw I apologize for grammar.. I'm currently typing this on my phone at work, bear with me.

So I abused meth on and off for 2 years. I've been sober 5 months now and I feel much better and as months go by I feel my brain re learning things I had forgot and coming back to my old self.. one week ago I got my bottle of mesmo.. I took it gave me great energy and had a great workout.. however I noticed 3 to 4 hours after taking it I experience something very similar to a less harsh but still very close to a meth come down..

On both days I've taken it I wouldn't want to eat for hours and had no appetite. I also would do things I would do on meth such as Obsesive compulsive behavior. I would be glued to my phone for hours texting. A real strung out tweeked out feeling .. I also felt paranoia later in the day.. all these things remind me of a meth come down and I have decided I should stop talking this product..

It may work fine for other people but as for someone recovering from meth as myself with heavy abuse of snorting meth and staying up for days on ends.. I have rewired my brain and may have even developed early symptoms of paranoid delusions and skitzophrenia.. when I take this product it brings back all the bad memories and feelings of being on meth and I hate it..

My question is I am afraid to continue taking this products. I know it may not be meth but it has chemicals and compounds in it that mimic things very similar to meth.. I know the feeling all to well.. I feel like when I take this product it may be hampering my recovery .. the days after I use it I feel depressed and odd as if life is void and dull and it's hard to be optimistic about things..

Does anyone know for a recovering addict like me if this product is safe to keep using because I feel it is not.. I believe it may be doing more damage to my brain and receptors or dopamine levels that I do not need at this point.. it basically almost feels like I through all my recovery out the window and did a gram of meth last night .. although no where near to being as intense as meth .. there r very similar but more milder attributes .

Has anyone here noticed something similar ? Who may be in a position similar to mine ? I know for most ppl who never abused meth it must work great.. the same way meth works great the first few months Until it becomes a living hell..
Sorry to hear about this. Plenty of solid pre workouts without DMAA. Stick to one of those that you enjoy. Also I recommend High Volume by PEScience stacked with Amino IV if you want to stay away from stims altogether. Some Shift added to that stack would be a great combo and awesome to take pre workout.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
Supplements 0
Supplements 5
Supplements 1
MA Labs 14