OK to take MK 677 on Keto Diet

rocknroll

Awards
Quick question: Anyone out there know if MK677 will have any negative effect on a Keto diet? Wondering about insulin/carbs somehow taking me out of ketosis. Thanks!

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It hasn't seems to effected mine negatively at all so far. In fact based on my reading (far from any kind of expert) it seems it actually lends itself to KETO very well. Do you do CKD or just straight SKD

PS. I will say it's DIFFICULT. Because you WILL be hungry for carbs. But if your willpower is good it seems fine to me. CKD also seems to lend itself to minimizing the water retention people complain about with MK677. Since when you are low carb you tend to be dryer anyway.

rocknroll

Awards
Excellent, thanks. I should enter ketosis soon. I'm just doing straight keto. How about you? It seems the cycling (CKD) would kick body out of ketosis and then take another few days to kick back in but it must work or people wouldn't do it.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do CKD. SKD is fine but if you do it for a long haul it's best to do CKD or TKD cause at some point you do simply need the carbs.

rocknroll

Awards
Cool, thanks.

Fishermanzz2

Awards
Does anyone have advice on how to enter ketosis, and actually know that you're on ketosis? Is there supposed to be a different body feeling? Thanks in advance!

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keto sticks. But even they aren't fool proof. I recommend texting in the morning during your first morning pee. As for how long it takes to get into keto that all depends on how rapidly you deplete your glycogen. Diet etc. body type. All that. Some say 2-4 days. So that's a start I suppose. I find mine is usually like about 4 days. But I eat A LOT of carbs on my refeed. So it probably takes me longer to slip back into it. Again. I'm not an expert. I highly recommend getting Kyle mcdonalds guide to keto

rocknroll

Awards
I found that I felt a little funny for a few days...2-4 days. I've read others take a week or two. I did get ketostix (not that brand) and did test positive although as mentioned they aren't fool-proof. Some say they get the "keto flu" and feel like they have a smidge of the flu. I sort of felt that way. A little low grade headache and legs felt weird like a little weak for about 4-5 days. Everyone's different....I'll check out that recommendation. I use MyFitnessPal app and love it. Has everybody food from every grocery store I've tried tried to enter anyways. There are some specific keto apps but the 2-3 I tried just didn't seem to work as well for me. If anybody has a keto diet app that they really really love I'm all ears but I'm quite happy with the one I use.