BPC-157 or TB-500 for AC Joint recovery

snaaakes

Awards
After two months of resting my shoulder, with very light chest and shoulder work, my AC joint is still giving me problems on most pressing movements. I've dropped the weight on some exercises but I still can't bench above 135 without pain. I went to a doctor and it's not serious enough to require surgery, but it's still kept me out going on 8 weeks with little progress. I'm ready to try anything to accelerate the healing process. I've read conflicting info on BPC and TB. Which would be the best option for an AC joint seperation?

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
Unsure which is better but I would consider adding in Mike's MK

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After two months of resting my shoulder, with very light chest and shoulder work, my AC joint is still giving me problems on most pressing movements. I've dropped the weight on some exercises but I still can't bench above 135 without pain. I went to a doctor and it's not serious enough to require surgery, but it's still kept me out going on 8 weeks with little progress. I'm ready to try anything to accelerate the healing process. I've read conflicting info on BPC and TB. Which would be the best option for an AC joint seperation?
Dude, it takes time. Two separated shoulders here. My first, I went to a physiotherapist who kept telling me to 'do nothing', so I told him to **** off, and did it myself. Full recovery (as close as it gets) took a year the first time (it was the worst grade of separation before a complete tear). Last Oct when it happened on the other side, I knew what to do. Slightly less bad, recovery took 10 months. Dips feel weird, but don't hurt, and I can clean and jerk my 28kg kb as before, and get wrecked in judo, as long as it's not a suplex. ;)

I tried bpc on the second one, hard to know if it helped. I didn't feel anything, but recovery was somewhat quicker, so who knows. Cissus is a godsend, as is cardio, and thousands of two hand kb swings.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dude, it takes time. Two separated shoulders here. My first, I went to a physiotherapist who kept telling me to 'do nothing', so I told him to **** off, and did it myself. Full recovery (as close as it gets) took a year the first time (it was the worst grade of separation before a complete tear). Last Oct when it happened on the other side, I knew what to do. Slightly less bad, recovery took 10 months. Dips feel weird, but don't hurt, and I can clean and jerk my 28kg kb as before, and get wrecked in judo, as long as it's not a suplex. ;)

I tried bpc on the second one, hard to know if it helped. I didn't feel anything, but recovery was somewhat quicker, so who knows. Cissus is a godsend, as is cardio, and thousands of two hand kb swings.
cissus seems hit or miss, some swear by it, others not so much...but I agree it's worth a try!!!

which brand do you think works best?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Blue Gene has a nice dose, which I used this time. I used to swear by usplabs stuff, but I'm not using their stuff.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Blue Gene has a nice dose, which I used this time. I used to swear by usplabs stuff, but I'm not using their stuff.
CL right?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yessir. BPC was from ceretropic.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cissus seems hit or miss, some swear by it, others not so much...but I agree it's worth a try!!!

which brand do you think works best?
Might be standardization.
Research I've read shows that plain Cissus is best for joints but for some reason companies use extracts. Maybe there is research to support it but I haven't seen it.

My latest favourite is Helios. Has Cissus, curcumin and EAAs.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, having separated both, and used cissus, I can say it made it FEEL much better. Who knows if it actually help heal, but it's healthier than advil, for sure.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used BPC for AC joint pain.

used a HIGH dose, and experienced jack **** from it.

I just had AC joint + labrum surgery.

felling about 300% better.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used BPC for AC joint pain.

used a HIGH dose, and experienced jack **** from it.

I just had AC joint + labrum surgery.

felling about 300% better.
Yeah, BPC is weird, because you never know if it's legit. I took it orally, as well, which is still active, but better injected for serious **** like AC separation.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, BPC is weird, because you never know if it's legit. I took it orally, as well, which is still active, but better injected for serious **** like AC separation.

I think BPC is good stuff, but I don't think it's strong enough to fix an AC joint.

I had to have a full 1cm piece of bone removed to fix my AC, and it's still never going to be 100% unfortunately.

norway

Awards
I had pain in right side ac joint for many months, turned out it was totally worn out, very narrow jointspace shown in the X-ray. I was booked for surgery, and two different doctors recommended me to do the surgery. Then I heard about hyaloron injections,found a doctor that was giving these, and was immediately better the next day after the intraarticular injection of the HA. Did two more injections in the next 6 months, and now 2 years later I'm still 95% good in this shoulder! No need for several months off training, surgery and so on I'm my case. I highly recommend trying this before surgery!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think BPC is good stuff, but I don't think it's strong enough to fix an AC joint.

I had to have a full 1cm piece of bone removed to fix my AC, and it's still never going to be 100% unfortunately.
Of course, it's not going to magically put your body back together, but legit bpc helps speed healing. If the body can fix it, bpc should help.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bpc and tb500 both work. I ran both for a shoulder injury, it worked very well for me. But I didn't have as severe of an injury as you. I had a dislocated clavicle from my sternum while deadlifting. Took around 3-4 months to heal. Did bpc and tb500 at site, 3-4 times a day. I forget the doses off the top of my head, but I wanna say 250 or 500 mcg. Also I was taking in alot of collagen and glucosamine/condroitin/msm. I was taking 15mg of ostarine as well.