18 years of natural training and slow progress!!!!

excavatorking

Awards
Hi all,

New to forum seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut been training for close on 18 years and my body seems to have stopped responding to growth.
never really been into supplements so much apart from the normal staple due to my working lifestyle so am looking for a bit of an edge any suggestions would be greatly received.
I have been looking for while at Rob Regish and on most forums his supps seem to be top draw any views one progenadrex.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't speak for Progenadrex, but imo Rob Regish is a top caliber guy, and trustworthy as far as his formulations go.

excavatorking

Awards
My thoughts to so many mixed messages about laxogenin the only one i see as 100% is progenadrex

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

New to forum seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut been training for close on 18 years and my body seems to have stopped responding to growth.
never really been into supplements so much apart from the normal staple due to my working lifestyle so am looking for a bit of an edge any suggestions would be greatly received.
I have been looking for while at Rob Regish and on most forums his supps seem to be top draw any views one progenadrex.
Welcome to the forum. What are your current stats (height, weight, age, etc.)? Are you currently tracking macros/calories at all?
For supplements, what are your current staples? If you're looking for an "edge" type of supplement, there are a few solid natural product categories out there that would be helpful - PA, epi, and obviously creatine are solid choices.

It's hard to suggest much before knowing more about you first, but there are some solid threads on this forum about top natural products. I would read up on Alphamax XT also, and search on the forums for reviews/logs on it. Alphamax XT is a solid suggestion regardless of your goals (cutting or bulking) and it packs a solid profile that can help increase natural test, limit cortisol/estrogen, and increase recovery/sleep.

excavatorking

Awards
Hi,

stats are 5,10 80kg and 40 years young, stopped counting macros etc years age due to working lifesyle and three ankle biters so i just dont have the time anymore for 100%attention, i do try to make sure i am always over 3200 cals per day, i train 4-5times a week so just looking for some kind of plateau buster if there is such a thing!!
Size has always been my key focus

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever tried utilizing micro plates to get through your plateau?

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You only put them in for 5 seconds. You then hold them in your hands. Within minutes your testosterone increases 200 percent, and you're really able to dominate your workouts.

All joking aside, micro plates are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 pound plates that allow you to crease your poundages slowly but surely.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
You guys know laxogenin is a brassinosteroid which is a plant hormone, just be a normal person and use human hormones.

Pseudonymous

Pseudonymous

Awards
Fractional plates: 1/4 pound olympic plates. 8 of them per $45 set on Amazon.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

according to examine the main ingredient Anacyclus pyrethrum (Akarkara) is an aphrodisiac herb in ayurveda that is said to enhance male vitality and virility in addition to being a brain tonic. Evidence is preliminary, but it seems to be a profertility agent and testosterone boosting herb with some neuroprotective effects.

excavatorking

Awards
So not so much a supp for building mass u think?

macwad

Awards
  • Established
My suggestions:
Olympus Labs Tr1umph: has all the basics plus PA for muscle protein synthesis plus other ergogenic ingredients.
On top of that, you can add a muscle builder like Follidrone 2 or MassMax XT
A test booster may be good at your age: Olympus Labs Test1fy or AlphaMax XT.
For a preworkout, definitely go with Re1gn

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, start by getting comprehensive bloodwork that includes hormone panel. Testosterone boosters are not effective and a waste of money.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
So not so much a supp for building mass u think?
personally i would forget the hype associated with products and if you like something inparticular , research the ingredients in isolation.Often you will find that the information you discover has no connection to gaining muscle .Lets face it thats the goal , having a decent physique with a degree of muscle that you can see.
Theres very little transparency as regards supplement companies, so choose wisely

excavatorking

Awards
Love your reply so true, like I said before rob Regis seems top draw and his sups seem to be more positive than negative having said that I don't work my ass of to waste my hard earned cash on false supplements

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love your reply so true, like I said before rob Regis seems top draw and his sups seem to be more positive than negative having said that I don't work my ass of to waste my hard earned cash on false supplements
So get baseline bloodwork (it's $60), buy Regis' supplement, take as label indicates for the recommended time then retest bloodwork. See if it "works" for you.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, the thing is, with 18 years of training ...if you have been training correctly...progress will be excruciatingly slow for a natural. At this point, if you gain 2-4 pounds of muscle a year that would be a really, really good year. I mean, there is a limit to what you can achieve naturally, and as you get closer and closer to that limit, the progress slows dramatically. As John.Patterson asked, - what are your current stats? Height, weight, bodyfat? What kind of weight do you move on the compound lifts?

There are a lot of natural ingredients out there that can give you "an edge" - but that is the extent of it, it's an edge. Maybe 2% of the results will come from it.

What does your current training look like?

excavatorking

Awards
My training schedule has always been changed around sometimes weekly sometimes monthly in the theory of shocking the muscle much like neale cranwells philosophy which seems to have helped a great deal so I may do a week of heavy compound then a week of 1,1/2 Rep movements and so on.
I train mon- fri weekends off
Always try to up weight when returning back to each weekly/ monthly schedule hence I thought this was quite a good approach

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MassMax XT might be worth looking into. It sounds like you have plateaued, but that could be more or less due to your training experience. MassMax XT might help break through that though. Users have reported a 7 pound weight gain during an 8 week run, which is pretty impressive with a natural product. Even at that rate of body weight increase, users also note a leaner physique and a favorable body composition change.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
. If you have questions on sups just shoot rob a message. He will be the first one to tell you that sups are not a requisite to make gains. As far as laxogenin goes I am currently running a log for hi techs new product. I have hit a bad string of luck with gut health but I do feel that it is helping me with recovery.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi,

stats are 5,10 80kg and 40 years young, stopped counting macros etc years age due to working lifesyle and three ankle biters so i just dont have the time anymore for 100%attention, i do try to make sure i am always over 3200 cals per day, i train 4-5times a week so just looking for some kind of plateau buster if there is such a thing!!
Size has always been my key focus
The truth is that any natural supplement will only aid you a small percentage in results. They are valuable if you diet, traing and rest are optimal. Do you get at least 8 hours of sleep a day? Do you consume optimal macro and micro nutrients? If you are trying to grow are you in a caloric surplus? If you don't track your nutrition how do you know you meet all your caloric and nutritional needs? Do you train with an appropriate amount of volume and achieve progressive overload session to session?

These thing will deliver results leaps and bounds more than some laxogenin.

Also not to sound funny, but at your age have you considered TRT? It might prove to be very rewarding.

excavatorking

Awards
hi Bud,

Rest wise yes 7-9hr per night except weekends, calorie wise i do hit my target of 3200 on most days eating clean(ish).
Training as i said earlier i really like to mix it up weekly or monthly but always try to add weight when the same regime comes around as neale cranwell does to keep shocking the muscle.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hi Bud,

Rest wise yes 7-9hr per night except weekends, calorie wise i do hit my target of 3200 on most days eating clean(ish).
Training as i said earlier i really like to mix it up weekly or monthly but always try to add weight when the same regime comes around as neale cranwell does to keep shocking the muscle.
I understand what you mean. There is nothing wrong with instinctual training and eating , it's great for maintenance, but when trying to grow and when you've had so much time lifting under your belt every little bit matters. Do you keep a log book? You should be increasing weight or reps every single workout. Do you keep measurements? Do you know your macros for each day? 3200 cals is good, but what if you need 3300 cals, a mere difference of 100 cals, the only way to hit those numbers is to track it. Don't get me wrong if you are instinctual and keep growing then there's no issue, but if you're stuck, you need to tighten up your regimen. No supplement is going to make up for that.

excavatorking

Awards
I fully understand what your saying and i do keep a log of past training not weekly as i know from the amount that my son keeps increasing on my bar each day its going up but there is only so much weight u can lift before 1 rep max is not possible, i train for size not so much strength but i do realize they kind of go hand in hand.
Food intake wise i cant fit much more in than i do already hence my thought with Progenadrex

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like good ol creatine monohydrate along with Follidrone.