Ranking natural body composition improvement supps

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Hey y'all, how would you rank the following natural supplements in terms of body composition improvements?

Anafuse, FD 2.0, ABE, X Gels, Phosphatidic acid, MK677

I thought this might be useful for myself along with others out there considering these products with this goal in mind. Thanks!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey y'all, how would you rank the following natural supplements in terms of body composition improvements?

Anafuse, FD 2.0, ABE, X Gels, Phosphatidic acid, MK677

I thought this might be useful for myself along with others out there considering these products with this goal in mind. Thanks!!
There's quite a variety of supps there. You have things like AF, FD2, ABE, and PA that can be run whenever really, and then there's X Gels that can increase soreness and inflammation that may not make it the best option for everyone, but it is a solid natty supp for people who can tolerate it. Then there's MK, which isn't really "natty," but seems to be quite effective. Also, some things like ABE and MK have been noted to increase appetite for some people, so that may be good or bad depending on your goals.

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MK is on a different level than the others you mentioned.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
There's quite a variety of supps there. You have things like AF, FD2, ABE, and PA that can be run whenever really, and then there's X Gels that can increase soreness and inflammation that may not make it the best option for everyone, but it is a solid natty supp for people who can tolerate it. Then there's MK, which isn't really "natty," but seems to be quite effective. Also, some things like ABE and MK have been noted to increase appetite for some people, so that may be good or bad depending on your goals.
That is my primary concern with ABE and MK677. I already have a crazy appetite so I'd tend to shy away from those until I'm looking to bulk for a while. Any experience or recommendations for the others mentioned? Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is my primary concern with ABE and MK677. I already have a crazy appetite so I'd tend to shy away from those until I'm looking to bulk for a while. Any experience or recommendations for the others mentioned? Thanks!
Ok haha. If you're concerned about something that'd increase appetite, X Gels and FD2 are solid options. Anafuse gets good reviews too, but I'm not quite as familiar with it really. I don't recall if anyone really experiences increased appetite with FD2, but I don't recall if I noticed any increased appetite when I used it (I don't think I did), at least not to the same level as Magnitropin and MassMax XT (the two that I say do increase appetite by a good bit). PA is good too, but I'd recommend just using some soy lecithin granules for that, as it's very affordable compared to a concentrated PA supplement (assuming you can fit the calories/fat into your diet). You could stack PA with any of the other supplements on this list really without breaking the bank too much.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Ok haha. If you're concerned about something that'd increase appetite, X Gels and FD2 are solid options. Anafuse gets good reviews too, but I'm not quite as familiar with it really. I don't recall if anyone really experiences increased appetite with FD2, but I don't recall if I noticed any increased appetite when I used it (I don't think I did), at least not to the same level as Magnitropin and MassMax XT (the two that I say do increase appetite by a good bit). PA is good too, but I'd recommend just using some soy lecithin granules for that, as it's very affordable compared to a concentrated PA supplement (assuming you can fit the calories/fat into your diet). You could stack PA with any of the other supplements on this list really without breaking the bank too much.
Thanks for all the advice man! Definitely helps me out in narrowing down my next stack. I'll definitely want to avoid MK and ABE as I don't think they'd result in quite as lean of gains as I'd like. Maybe I'll throw those into consideration after I cut down. Thanks again!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For body composition I think one to add to the list would be Alphamax, specifically for its inclusions of Forskolin and DHAA, both which would help with a recomp!

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
For body composition I think one to add to the list would be Alphamax, specifically for its inclusions of Forskolin and DHAA, both which would help with a recomp!
Thanks! I tried alphamax and didn't notice too much. I'd just buy forskolin and include it at a higher dose.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For body composition, forskolin and betaine are great. That is why we include forskolin in OxyMax XT, AlphaMax XT, and why you will see it in several other fat burners and natural anabolics. Betaine can be found in most ergogenic aids, PowerMax XT and Ergonine, as well as many pre workouts, but wth pre workouts, make sure it is a 2.5 gram dose. The problem with some products is that they have a high dose of caffeine or stims, but only provide 1.25 grams and you would need to double dose to get the studied dose.

Bodybuilders who take a daily 2.5 g betaine [structural formula shown here] for six weeks will improve their body composition. Sports scientists from Coastal Carolina University draw this conclusion in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. But how betaine stimulates muscle build-up and fat breakdown at the same time remains a mystery.
http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

The total body weight of a mixed group of men and women in a 12-week study decreased from 74.7 kilograms to 73.5 kilograms while experiencing increases in lean body mass (without weight training).
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

https://legionathletics.com/forskolin/

http://www.infinitelabs.com/forskolin-reviews/

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I already have a decent amount of forskolin and betaine so I'm looking for additions to the stack. I'm just not sure between the supplements I listed. Seems like some mixed results on epi, laxogenin, pa, etc.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I already have a decent amount of forskolin and betaine so I'm looking for additions to the stack. I'm just not sure between the supplements I listed. Seems like some mixed results on epi, laxogenin, pa, etc.
PA is one of my personal favorites while lean bulking, especially Tr1umph. I always feel fuller and the pumps always come quicker and stay longer during and after training. If you're struggling to keep your bulk "lean" I would agree with staying away from MK, but some users don't experience too significant hunger increases with ABE.

Usually epi products won't cause an increase in hunger as much, so FD2 would be a solid option as well. I'm not sure what your diet/carb intake is currently, but adding in a GDA product would also be beneficial. If you're planning to use FD2 you won't really need to add an another GDA product, but incorporating a nutrient partitioner like Slinmax would definitely be helpful for higher carb meals or refeed days to help keep you lean.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For body composition, AlphaMax xt should def be considered.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
PA is one of my personal favorites while lean bulking, especially Tr1umph. I always feel fuller and the pumps always come quicker and stay longer during and after training. If you're struggling to keep your bulk "lean" I would agree with staying away from MK, but some users don't experience too significant hunger increases with ABE.

Usually epi products won't cause an increase in hunger as much, so FD2 would be a solid option as well. I'm not sure what your diet/carb intake is currently, but adding in a GDA product would also be beneficial. If you're planning to use FD2 you won't really need to add an another GDA product, but incorporating a nutrient partitioner like Slinmax would definitely be helpful for higher carb meals or refeed days to help keep you lean.
Thanks for the advice man, that's really helpful! I like Tr1umph but I prefer to not drink my calories especially on a cut/recomp. I'm more interested in a purer PA supp like phosphamuscle by muscletech even though it's maybe slightly more expensive. To me it's worth the money to save the calories in general. Maybe just a mental thing but yeah. Is there noted increased hunger on laxogenin that you're aware of? Asking in terms of anafuse since i looks to be a decent epi product with laxo. Thanks man I appreciate the help!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice man, that's really helpful! I like Tr1umph but I prefer to not drink my calories especially on a cut/recomp. I'm more interested in a purer PA supp like phosphamuscle by muscletech even though it's maybe slightly more expensive. To me it's worth the money to save the calories in general. Maybe just a mental thing but yeah. Is there noted increased hunger on laxogenin that you're aware of? Asking in terms of anafuse since i looks to be a decent epi product with laxo. Thanks man I appreciate the help!
You got it bro. Phosphamuscle has gotten some solid feedback, but it's a bit more expensive than most other PA products. I think using Tr1umph or granules is a more cost effective option, and I wouldn't stress the extra 100-200 calories.

For laxo products I don't really notice an increase in hunger. I think that most of the hunger associated with laxo and epi products is mental, but Massmax XT has a definite increase in hunger due to other ingredients aside from the epi. I think if you're eating balanced meals and paying attention to calories then hunger shouldn't be much of an issue.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
The definition of natty is really askew, GW can provide great results with improved endurance which can lead to shorter rests and better cardio, this in turn helps body composition

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
You got it bro. Phosphamuscle has gotten some solid feedback, but it's a bit more expensive than most other PA products. I think using Tr1umph or granules is a more cost effective option, and I wouldn't stress the extra 100-200 calories.

For laxo products I don't really notice an increase in hunger. I think that most of the hunger associated with laxo and epi products is mental, but Massmax XT has a definite increase in hunger due to other ingredients aside from the epi. I think if you're eating balanced meals and paying attention to calories then hunger shouldn't be much of an issue.
Thanks for the insight man, that's really helpful and much appreciated!