Looking for a sleep aid....

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bros, I was going through my drawer of goodies the other day and I found an old tub of I think ,G8 sleeping aid. I think it was by Finaflexx I can't remember exactly because I threw it away but it worked better than anything I've ever used in my life as for a sleep aid.

Is that product discontinued?
Is there anything else that compares to the old G8?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We have kava in our sleep aid: "Sedation" with a nice dose of Melatonin and other ingredients to make this a well rounded non-groggy aid.

A little less than half dose and it's perfect for me, and you can use this pretty much daily.
It has a great taste and received stellar reviews!

And, here is a thread I started: How I like my Sedation.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you
Reading about it now!
JUST410 = 10% off your entire order, so don't forget to look at our other goods! You may find something you like to stack with the order. Shipping is incredibly fast! and cheap. You will not regret it. I don't think anyone ships as fast as we do.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
SNS Phenibut XT at 1.5 scoops 1 hour before bed. 2 scoops knocks me out.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You really shouldn't use Phenibut every day. I like your youtube channel, cool vet, great progress!

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
We have kava in our sleep aid: "Sedation" with a nice dose of Melatonin and other ingredients to make this a well rounded non-groggy aid.

A little less than half dose and it's perfect for me, and you can use this pretty much daily.
It has a great taste and received stellar reviews!

And, here is a thread I started: How I like my Sedation.
I've used a number of different sleep products. I got some samples of Sedation from Vein Nutrition and really like it. In fact, I just ordered a full tub of it tonight along with Veinquish to try!!!

Used your code at checkout too.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've used a number of different sleep products. I got some samples of Sedation from Vein Nutrition and really like it. In fact, I just ordered a full tub of it tonight along with Veinquish to try!!!

Used your code at checkout too.
Cool! Glad to hear it. I've been using Veinquish for 5 weeks now, and loving it so far of 12 weeks. It's going to really kick in around week 9 as some of the ingredients have been shown to shine after 8 weeks, while the Ash, Coleus pretty much are on after about a week for the feels moving forward. Remember, the label is wrong with the Coleus. It's actually 95%, so a full 50mg.

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey bros, I was going through my drawer of goodies the other day and I found an old tub of I think ,G3 sleeping aid. I think it was by Finaflexx I can't remember exactly because I threw it away but it worked better than anything I've ever used in my life as for a sleep aid.

Is that product discontinued?
Is there anything else that compares to the old G3?
Yeah I used Finaflex G8 too. It was amazing how well it worked. A lot of people didn't like how you woke up groggy the next day but I could get 9-10 hours easy on that stuff. Wish it was still around but it is discontinued.

I've been using Redcon1 Fade Out which isn't as good but it does work. I'd say where Finaflex shined was the ability to keep you in REM sleep for 9+ hours. Fade out seems to put me to sleep quickly but I don't stay out for as long as Finaflex kept me out.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I used Finaflex G8 too. It was amazing how well it worked. A lot of people didn't like how you woke up groggy the next day but I could get 9-10 hours easy on that stuff. Wish it was still around but it is discontinued.

I've been using Redcon1 Fade Out which isn't as good but it does work. I'd say where Finaflex shined was the ability to keep you in REM sleep for 9+ hours. Fade out seems to put me to sleep quickly but I don't stay out for as long as Finaflex kept me out.
Oh yeah! It was called G8 !
Thank you you man I knew I had the name wrong. Lol
Yeah I loved the stuff. I never did a full scoop cuz most def groggy in the AM. But seriously did the job.

Leaning towards the Sedation at the moment. Looks good

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be checking out the Redcon1 fade out as well

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with the SNS phenibut but don't use it more than 3 days Max. I also like Growth Factor XT by SNS. Fade out is also a good one but contains phenibut as well so be careful. Also probably the best is mk677 if you wanted to go that route

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with the SNS phenibut but don't use it more than 3 days Max. I also like Growth Factor XT by SNS. Fade out is also a good one but contains phenibut as well so be careful. Also probably the best is mk677 if you wanted to go that route
Hmm. I actually have some Mk-677

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can vouch for Sedation. I get great results dosing 1 teaspoon, not a full scoop.

I also like IML Dream n Grow, but I try to limit it to a couple times per week.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Core ZZZ or Redcon1 fade out... ZZZ had me sleeping for hours ... didn't taste great but I didn't care suggested it to a training partner who was getting ready for junior nationals big guy on a ton of "supplements" making sleep tough it even worked on him

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS Phenibut XT at 1.5 scoops 1 hour before bed. 2 scoops knocks me out.
Agreed. I was going to say SNS Phenibut Xt as well. It works for me. I believe there are some reviews on here about it as well.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Get out in the sunlight/daylight without sunglasses for at least ~15 minutes each day. Put on Blue Light blocking glasses when the sun goes down. Turn off, or use a setting/app to kill the blue light on all electronic devise screens. No naps during the day unless absolutely needed, and limit to 30 min or so even then. 1mg Melatonin ~30 min before bed as a last resort. I've stopped all sleep supplements after doing all that ^, only ZMA because we are generally under consumers of both of those, in our diets.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another Vote for Growth Factor XT or even ZMA XT

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ZMA for every night use.

GABA for as often as needed.

Phenibut can be good and is a bit fun to use, but be careful.....

For really bad nights, use phenibut or ketotifen. Only downside of ketotifen is it leaves me feeling groggy for 1-2 hours after I wake up the next day.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks everyone!! You are really giving me a lot of choices here. Much appreciated!!

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
ZMA for every night use.

For really bad nights, use phenibut or ketotifen. Only downside of ketotifen is it leaves me feeling groggy for 1-2 hours after I wake up the next day.
I've avoided supps with phenibut to this point. Will probably try them at some point.

I am curious on the comment about GABA. Is there a problem with daily intake? What is an indicator of when "it's needed". I'm genuinely curious as Sedation includes 4.5g GABA. I typically try and use sleep aids M-F and take weekends off. Wondering if I need to modify that approach.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
If you've never tried mk677 and you've been looking for more gh than it may be perfect, because it makes you drowsy.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
Here's a partial list of some of the good sleep aids that are currently available that I know of:

Somatomax, Hi Tech
Noxitropin PM, CTD Labs
Fade Out, Redcon1
Midnight Dream, Iron Addicts
REM - 8.0, Formutech Nutrition
NighTTrain, LGI
Hypnos, Chaos and Pain
Anesthetized, Blackstone Labs
Sleep/GH, Prime Nutrition
Oneiromancer, Antaeus Labs
Sleep-Rx, Hi Tech

I generally stick to Somatomax myself. Make sure to check the label, many of the above contain Phenibut, which isn't something that you would want to take for more than 2-3 days a week with a full 7-10 days off now and then to avoid tolerance build up. As long as you cycle it you shouldn't have any issues.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a partial list of some of the good sleep aids that are currently available that I know of:

Somatomax, Hi Tech
Noxitropin PM, CTD Labs
Fade Out, Redcon1
NighTTrain, LGI
Hypnos, Chaos and Pain
Sleep-Rx, Hi Tech

I generally stick to Somatomax myself. Make sure to check the label, many of the above contain Phenibut, which isn't something that you would want to take for more than 2-3 days a week with a full 7-10 days off now and then to avoid tolerance build up. As long as you cycle it you shouldn't have any issues.
Thank you sir!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You really shouldn't use Phenibut every day. I like your youtube channel, cool vet, great progress!
Thanks! I need to post up more. Finding balance is tough. Principal/Father/Husband/Hopefully world record holder!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've avoided supps with phenibut to this point. Will probably try them at some point.

I am curious on the comment about GABA. Is there a problem with daily intake? What is an indicator of when "it's needed". I'm genuinely curious as Sedation includes 4.5g GABA. I typically try and use sleep aids M-F and take weekends off. Wondering if I need to modify that approach.
Not sure it is dangerous to use all the time...may actually have some health benefits....but I figure it is best to not abuse something for no reason by taking it all the time, and I am kind of lazy - so I don't use it every night. But if I want to get really good sleep and/or think I may have trouble sleeping ...2 grams or so seems to work like a charm.

I'm not certain but doesn't phenibut trump straight GABA due to the inclusion of a molecule that permits it to pass the blood brain barrier?
Different uses. Phenibut certainly has more pronounced effects. IME phenibut is pretty much the top sleep aid for putting you out and keeping you there, and has some mood enhancing properties that last 1-2 days after dosing - but it also will knock you out cold and you will need 6-8 hours of sleep or you may be a little groggy, and you may also wake up a little dizzy/strange feeling for an hour or so the next morning. It is great, but given the abuse potential, strength, etc. - it isn't an every night or even every week product for me.

GABA - it isn't as strong and supposedly doesn't cross the BBB but who cares? That entire BBB thing is over played. I've said, numerous times on here, that maybe it "spares" gaba in the brain because it still acts on the peripheral system and relaxes your muscles. There's now some recent research that suggests our muscles play a major role in our sleep cycles/quality - so maybe that is the connection? I don't know, but take 2-4 grams and then come back and tell me you weren't more relaxed and didn't have an easier time sleeping.

And of course, part of falling asleep is relaxing the body, so if the GABA acts peripherally and helps achieve that, it may be all you need.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
benadyrl...not only for sleep but many years ago I heard it was good for adrenals if you are a heavy stim user?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
benadyrl...not only for sleep but many years ago I heard it was good for adrenals if you are a heavy stim user?
Nope. Not a heavy stim user and only planning on using a sleep aid a few times a month if needed

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nope. Not a heavy stim user and only planning on using a sleep aid a few times a month if needed
a combination of benadyrl and melatonin works well for me...I've also heard there are other benefits from melatonin other than sleep aid.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I love REM 8.0 by Formutech and Revivarant G by APS..

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I heard that as well but I also heard it disturbs your rem sleep... not sure though, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can clear it up?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I heard that as well but I also heard it disturbs your rem sleep... not sure though, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can clear it up?
This gets to an important point in sleep aids - some are great tools for short-term or intermittent use, some not so much. Ketotifen, Benedryl, Phenibut all fall in the intermittent use in my eyes....but when you really need to sleep, you need to sleep and they will get the job done.

In theory, ketotifen and benedryl will reduce acetylcholine levels. Acetylcholine is actually a "wakefulness" hormone in a lot of ways, but yes - it is also necessary for REM. So yes, it MAY interfere somewhat with REM. I don't know to what extent though.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Sedation" gets the job done and you can take it every day. "Comatize" is an occasional use that will knock you out.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ZMA for every night use.

zinc and magnesium are always good choices I take them just about every night or even earlier in the day or evening helps. it doesnt always have tpo be at night

I started using gaba in 2002-2004 every night for two years. . Gaba works, either Ive built up a tolerance or the potency lessened. Earlier this year, I bought gaba in bulk , when i first bought it, tingles , flush and all before sleep, feeling my body literally release, relax, legs relaxing, felt so good etc then off to sleep. It doesnt seem to do that much anymore even at five grams. Gaba is worth a shot.

maybe for some people. I say at least 2 grams

I'm not certain but doesn't phenibut trump straight GABA due to the inclusion of a molecule that permits it to pass the blood brain barrier?
Phenibut obvious works better and has much more side effects. From 2005-2010 I used fifty grams, so very few and far between. I haven't used phenibut in six months or so. My bottle is from 2011 so i dont know if potency went down either, it still seems to work.

ZMA or just zinc and magnesium. I force's zma
Gaba
Millennium Sport Technologies somnidren -gh ultra has some nice sleep ingredients, zinc, magnesium, gaba, l theanine, which is very nice
I tried a Sedation sample, the gummy flavor yummm
Phenibut- two times a week at most. Obviously, you can go months and months with out .

Ive been in this game a long time

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
zinc and magnesium are always good choices I take them just about every night or even earlier in the day or evening helps. it doesnt always have tpo be at night

I started using gaba in 2002-2004 every night for two years. . Gaba works, either Ive built up a tolerance or the potency lessened. Earlier this year, I bought gaba in bulk , when i first bought it, tingles , flush and all before sleep, feeling my body literally release, relax, legs relaxing, felt so good etc then off to sleep. It doesnt seem to do that much anymore even at five grams. Gaba is worth a shot.

maybe for some people. I say at least 2 grams

Phenibut obvious works better and has much more side effects. From 2005-2010 I used fifty grams, so very few and far between. I haven't used phenibut in six months or so. My bottle is from 2011 so i dont know if potency went down either, it still seems to work.

ZMA or just zinc and magnesium. I force's zma
Gaba
Millennium Sport Technologies somnidren -gh ultra has some nice sleep ingredients, zinc, magnesium, gaba, l theanine, which is very nice
I tried a Sedation sample, the gummy flavor yummm
Phenibut- two times a week at most. Obviously, you can go months and months with out .

Ive been in this game a long time
One thing to note with GABA and ZMA - more isn't better. It is often worse. I have experimented with GABA from 500 mg to 20 g, and during that experiment 2-4 grams gave me the best, longest sleep. 20 g had more of the sides...heavy breathing, etc. - but the sleep wasn't as good.

I have seen people on here claim ZMA doesn't work, but then they cut the dose back a little and it works.

The effects are more subtle and you shouldn't expect the same as you see from diphenhydramine or phenibut.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing to note with GABA and ZMA - more isn't better. It is often worse. I have experimented with GABA from 500 mg to 20 g, and during that experiment 2-4 grams gave me the best, longest sleep. 20 g had more of the sides...heavy breathing, etc. - but the sleep wasn't as good.

I have seen people on here claim ZMA doesn't work, but then they cut the dose back a little and it works.

The effects are more subtle and you shouldn't expect the same as you see from diphenhydramine or phenibut.
yeah i experimented with 10 grams gaba and that was too much for me. I ended up throwing up . I ate like 30-60 minutes before, which gaba dose is best an hour after eating right or longer. That said, I agree 2-4 dose range seems like a good one

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah i experimented with 10 grams gaba and that was too much for me. I ended up throwing up . I ate like 30-60 minutes before, which gaba dose is best an hour after eating right or longer. That said, I agree 2-4 dose range seems like a good one
a long time ago there was a transdermal gaba product......

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Refresh my memory i never got to try it and wanted to

IBE?
I don't think it was ibe...it was a single product company if I remember correctly. it actually got decent reviews from people I knew and trusted back then, but the company got a bad rep for not sending product and keeping money so I never ordered.

when you use gaba do you hold under tongue and then swish in mouth before swallowing?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I used G8 a while ago and it worked really well. I didn't realize it was discontinued. That stinks. Now I use REM 8.0, Revivarant G and Somatomax.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it was ibe...it was a single product company if I remember correctly. it actually got decent reviews from people I knew and trusted back then, but the company got a bad rep for not sending product and keeping money so I never ordered.

when you use gaba do you hold under tongue and then swish in mouth before swallowing?
No I just water and swallow. Stuffs pretty gross tasting solo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No I just water and swallow. Stuffs pretty gross tasting solo.
wow-I haven't used gaba in a long time, I don't remember it having a bad taste?

back when gaba was the 'IN' thing the recommended way of using it was holding under tongue until dissolved then swishing before swallowing, supposedly it improved absorption by up to 80%?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn it. Now I am gonna make a batch of transdermal GABA...maybe with some magnesium? Hmmm...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow-I haven't used gaba in a long time, I don't remember it having a bad taste?

back when gaba was the 'IN' thing the recommended way of using it was holding under tongue until dissolved then swishing before swallowing, supposedly it improved absorption by up to 80%?
sometimes it tastes bitter, sometimes its okay. I never heard that before. 80 %? worth a shot I guess, maybe start at two grams.

Tried melatonin for the first time in thirteen years last night and went to sleep a bit earlier.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Somatomax, Hi Tech
Noxitropin PM, CTD Labs
Fade Out, Redcon1
NighTTrain, LGI
Hypnos, Chaos and Pain
Sleep-Rx, Hi Tech

Solid list
Especially the Hypnos :)