OCT necessary or waste of money?

jd_ironlife

Awards
Im running an 8 week cycle of 1andro and 17pro andro. Is OCT necessary? Im kinda low on $ so trying to save what i can.. If i do need OCT, what would you recommend?

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Im running an 8 week cycle of 1andro and 17pro andro. Is OCT necessary? Im kinda low on $ so trying to save what i can.. If i do need OCT, what would you recommend?
Must have a serm but I'm all in favor of OTC added such as Sup3r PCT by OL. I feel my recovery is all together better. It's bro science but I think the natty boosters hit different test boosting path ways to give that extra edge to boosting your test back up along with a serm of course.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To answer your question: Yes, a PCT is necessary.
Is this a first cycle? What's your age? Experience? Weight? Body Fat%? Goals?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Andros are pretty easy on your system, and it seems like most will tell you cycle support isn't necessary. Personally, IMO I wouldn't run anything without taking some sort of cycle support.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the above statements. You should run an on cycle support product as well as have a proper pct with a serm like nolva or clomid. That is the safest way to go about it.

jd_ironlife

Awards
I know PCT is required. The question was about OCT. But as for PCT, will Arimistane suffice, or do i need a prescription estrogen blocker?

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I know PCT is required. The question was about OCT. But as for PCT, will Arimistane suffice, or do i need a prescription estrogen blocker?
Armistane is not a pct. you will need a SERM, clomid or nolva at the minimum. In addition to that I don't think an otc test booster is neccissary but most people will use one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe get some Ubiquinol/Co-Q10 for BP and that's about it... These andros don't really require any OCT, however supplement companies will have you thinking you will die without it... Their job is to get you to spend disposable income on things. A Reps job is also to get you to buy those things by sharing the information that they get from the company to disseminate which is what 90% of the supplement "knowledge" on this board comes from is information the supplement companies are putting out.

Bottom line you have to be pretty unhealthy for an Andro run to really mess up your system... I know it is probably not a popular opinion on this forum, but all you really need is an actual SERM, and then maybe use the Arimistane toward the end of the PCT to keep from estrogen rebound if you have it already and know that you are gyno prone.

People who use real gear don't waste money on tons of OCT support... You get the stuff you specifically need for your situation and that is it. Are your lipids going to take a small hit from an andro run, yes, if you are BP sensitive do you need something to help with BP, yes. If taking something liver toxic do you need liver support, yes. If you are taking something that aromatizes heavily do you need an AI or SERM on cycle, Yes. If none of those apply to you then eat well, drink more water than usual and run your cycle with a SERM in your PCT.

Most OCT supps have the kitchen sink approach. Almost all of them have an AI which is actually not needed for any Andro cycle... most have liver support, again not needed on an Andro cycle... save your money and only treat the things you know need treated. If you just don't know then you need to keep a close eye on your BP and well that's about it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Must have a serm but I'm all in favor of OTC added such as Sup3r PCT by OL. I feel my recovery is all together better. It's bro science but I think the natty boosters hit different test boosting path ways to give that extra edge to boosting your test back up along with a serm of course.
They actually tend to free up testosterone so that you feel lke you have recovered more, but anything that frees up testosterone during your PCT is going to tell your body to stop increasing total serum levels of testosterone at a lower point due to the higher levels of free test. Over several cycles that will lower your natural testosterone production set point. YOu should only be taking things that either increase LH production or increase leydig cell activity. Stuff with dyvanil, testofen, longjack, high potency nettleroot, all specifically free up testosterone, not increase testosterone production.

Like most things, based off of instant gratification, in this case feeling better more quickly also has its downside in the long term in that it can actually limit how much you recover with each cycle.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
PCT is always a necessity. And I recommend using a serm like nolva or Clomid. It's your body man you need to take proper care of it. I know the andro aren't that strong but shutting down natural test is nothing to mess with if you are going to shortcut it. Just run a test booster of your choice and Clomid at 50/25/25/25 or nolva at 40/20/20/20 this would be the minimum I would do. An AI is a good idea as stated above to help prevent rebound gyno
As far as a support I recommend using them. It's better safe than sorry. A decent support is around 20 bucks a month. I personally like my vitals and organs in proper working order.

Masterzen

Masterzen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, all you need is clomid or nova.
OTC cant hurt, but really wont help much, so save the money.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Major confusion on the question with the acronym's - ie. OCT???

Do you need a PCT? Need? No. Recommended, I say yes - an actual SERM.

OTC On Cycle Support for Liver, Lipids etc...? Needed? Depends on you and he compound I guess. I like the insurance being older.

OTC Post Cycle Therapy product? Not if talking about Testosterone and you are using a SERM. For Libido and Free T they *might* help though. (Note: A high total T from the SERM will bring accompanying DHT and Free T increases along, so that's why the "might").

jd_ironlife

Awards
My gf has some anastrazole. Would that work as well? Not sure if i can find nolva or clomid, and dont have the $ to see a doc for it..

jd_ironlife

Awards
Nvmd, thats the same thing as arimidex..its an AI not a SERM

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
My gf has some anastrazole. Would that work as well? Not sure if i can find nolva or clomid, and dont have the $ to see a doc for it..
Quality board sponsor in PRE... might be a good place to look. Best dosing for your buck hands down

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty with what you plan on running you will be suppressed but more than likely not shut down. A strong AI could do the trick through the negative feedback loop and LH stimulation if not that shut down completely. However if you don't have the money for a SERM hold off on the cycle for a month and get the money. You are talking about some pretty cheap stuff whether you go through a research company or online pharmacy / source. Not worth it to jump off the diving board if you cant tell if there is water in the pool. Get the SERM to be sure!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have a SERM. An OTC product is NEVER needed, but they can help, depending on the product. I prefer AlphaMax XT or Super PCT because they are all in one solutions. For example, AlphaMax XT will have you covered from all angles, in addition to the SERM. You will get a full dosed AI, Ashwagandha can also help reduce cortisol y reducing stress/anxiety. It also provides an increase in body comp. It helps maintain lean mass and increase fat loss. F95 increase cAMP levels and also does the same thing regarding body composition. You also have several ingredients that will aid in boosting testosterone. It beats buying an AI, testbooster, something for libido, etc. It is a nice, all in one solution when combined with a SERM.