Will high does Vitamin K2 increase blood pressure?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was looking to supplement with 5-10mg of K2 in order to help with my joints. I am going to run a cycle of ostarine, but I want something I can take daily and not have to cycle. I want something stronger than glucosamine and hyaluric acid; both of which don't seem to do much at least to justify the expense. Also I read K2 is good for testosterone production and energy. My red blood cell count and blood pressure are high at the moment due to severe allergies. I read K2 can thicken blood.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several other ways to help your joints. I personally never heard of vit K being used. I would look at both Mr. Supp and mind and muscle for some quality joint formulas. Both have several to choose from.

C

CT21

Awards
I was looking to supplement with 5-10mg of K2 in order to help with my joints. I am going to run a cycle of ostarine, but I want something I can take daily and not have to cycle. I want something stronger than glucosamine and hyaluric acid; both of which don't seem to do much at least to justify the expense. Also I read K2 is good for testosterone production and energy. My red blood cell count and blood pressure are high at the moment due to severe allergies. I read K2 can thicken blood.
The way in which K2 is good for your joints is it keeps calcium and other minerals in the bones. Usually western and bodybuilding diets are high in calcium, which is a good thing as calcium is a necessary nutrient/mineral, but over time certain deficiencies and age can cause the calcium we intake through our diets and supplements to be stored in the blood/arteries instead of the bones/ligaments. This can cause hardening of the arteries or "atherosclerosis". Andgrens and possibly sarms like ostarine can increase this. So yes supplement with Vit K. Will it help with joints...??? With consistent and long term supplementation it will force the calcium you intake to be absorbed by the bones which will reduce your likely hood for fractures and or arthritis in the long run.

Note: The 4 micro nutrients over looked by athletes especially those enhanced are;
Vit k,
Vit D,
Calcium,
magnesium...

They all play integral roles in long term health and the proper utilization of each greatly plays off presence of the others. I.e you cant absorb calcium without vitamin D, but you also wont store it in the right places, i.e bones, without vit k.

You'll notice when buying vit K2 there are two forms...menaquinine 4 and menaquinine 7. Menaquinine 4 is the synthetic form of k2 while menaquinine 7 is naturally produce form of vit k. Both are superior to regular vit k1 (Phytonadione), but menaquinine 4 is the only form of vit k shown to reduce the occurrence or fractures and arthritis in a 2 year clinical study. Therefore I recomend vit k2 as menaquinine4.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you might be better off with something like cissus, and definitely with paractine for quicker results. IFN Joint Help includes full daily doses of both and should provide literally immediate (1 hour or less) relief

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The way in which K2 is good for your joints is it keeps calcium and other minerals in the bones. Usually western and bodybuilding diets are high in calcium, which is a good thing as calcium is a necessary nutrient/mineral, but over time certain deficiencies and age can cause the calcium we intake through our diets and supplements to be stored in the blood/arteries instead of the bones/ligaments. This can cause hardening of the arteries or "atherosclerosis". Andgrens and possibly sarms like ostarine can increase this. So yes supplement with Vit K. Will it help with joints...??? With consistent and long term supplementation it will force the calcium you intake to be absorbed by the bones which will reduce your likely hood for fractures and or arthritis in the long run.

Note: The 4 micro nutrients over looked by athletes especially those enhanced are;
Vit k,
Vit D,
Calcium,
magnesium...

They all play integral roles in long term health and the proper utilization of each greatly plays off presence of the others. I.e you cant absorb calcium without vitamin D, but you also wont store it in the right places, i.e bones, without vit k.

You'll notice when buying vit K2 there are two forms...menaquinine 4 and menaquinine 7. Menaquinine 4 is the synthetic form of k2 while menaquinine 7 is naturally produce form of vit k. Both are superior to regular vit k1 (Phytonadione), but menaquinine 4 is the only form of vit k shown to reduce the occurrence or fractures and arthritis in a 2 year clinical study. Therefore I recomend vit k2 as menaquinine4.
Sounds awesome, but that still doesn't tell me if mega doses of 5mg will thicken my blood.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way, my calcium levels always comes up as 9.5 out of 11 on blood work.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Joint support xt by sns works wonders for me. I'd give that a shot if you haven't already.

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds awesome, but that still doesn't tell me if mega doses of 5mg will thicken my blood.
25mg mk-4 has been taken in a study, no serious side effects. Although blood thickness wasn't evaluated, seems like 5mg might be ok.

C

CT21

Awards
5mg = 5000mcg...I personally wouldnt dose oral vit k2 above 300mcg...thats not even a 3rd of a mg. Id have to look at the dosing protocols of injectable vit K...but I still couldnt see it being any more then 300mcg. Also remember vit k isnt really a vitamin its a fat soluble steriod like vit D. Id be more concerened of throwing of the ratios of other hormones, etc with a 5mg dose then just blood clotting/thickening.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about Boron? I am thinking about taking boron again. I used to take it and it's dirt cheap. Last time I took it however, I started having this tingling sensation in my testicles like when you get aroused by way way more intense. It was almost as if my balls fell asleep lol. Anyway I started to have pain in my left testicle. I had a scan and it turned out I had a cyst. I no longer have pain there. The thing is, I used boron for almost a year prior to this happening, but I used a different version of boron and that's when this happened. I can't remember the type of Boron, but I think it was Now brand.