Which pre workout next?

Anabolic Goat

Awards
I have been using C4 for awhile now, any suggestions on what to get next? Stim or non stim is fine, I also want to see what you guys think which pre workout is the best bang for the buck.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Use something without nitrates. One or two scoops of c4?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have been using C4 for awhile now, any suggestions on what to get next? Stim or non stim is fine, I also want to see what you guys think which pre workout is the best bang for the buck.
Do you like C4?
What do you like/dislike about it?
What are you looking for in a pre-workout?

If you enjoy C4 and want a stronger Stim --> C4 Extreme Energy
If you want a stronger stim/pump --> C4 Ultimate

Other brands:
Pump/Performance/Energy : Scivation Quake 10.0
Energy/Pump - OL Re1gn, Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged, Dymatize Pre

If you want to cycle off stims and go with a non-stim for 2-4 weeks:
Scivation Quake 10.0 Stim Free
PES Ergonine (While an ergogenic the benefits of the performance/endurance aspects could help your training performance)
I Force Finish Line (ergogenic but can be used as a non-stim)

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Use something without nitrates. One or two scoops of c4?
I've actually tried two scoops of C4. It works well but I built a tolerance to it. So, I might end up getting one without nitrates or just don't take anything at all.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Do you like C4?
What do you like/dislike about it?
What are you looking for in a pre-workout?

If you enjoy C4 and want a stronger Stim --> C4 Extreme Energy
If you want a stronger stim/pump --> C4 Ultimate

Other brands:
Pump/Performance/Energy : Scivation Quake 10.0
Energy/Pump - OL Re1gn, Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged, Dymatize Pre

If you want to cycle off stims and go with a non-stim for 2-4 weeks:
Scivation Quake 10.0 Stim Free
PES Ergonine (While an ergogenic the benefits of the performance/endurance aspects could help your training performance)
I Force Finish Line (ergogenic but can be used as a non-stim)
C4 is great honestly, I feel like it does the job but recently I've built up a tolerance. So now I am looking for something a little stronger, or go with something non stim like you had suggested and wait 2-4 weeks off then jump on a stim product again.

I appreciate the detailed response, I will look into the Scivation Quake 10.0 stim free product, i'm sure my local vitamin shoppe has it.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried HyperMax XT yet? I would add it to the list of ones TheSolution mentioned. It provides strong clean stim, somewhat euphoric. Plus out provides a great pump.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Outlier Nutrition Deviation, pre workout best bang for buck, https ://outliernutrition.com/product/deviation/

250mg Caffeine + 150mg DMHA (2- Amino Isoheptane), Creatine HCL and look at the ingredient list here is 2nd to none.

devationSuppFacts-720x720.jpg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
C4 is great honestly, I feel like it does the job but recently I've built up a tolerance. So now I am looking for something a little stronger, or go with something non stim like you had suggested and wait 2-4 weeks off then jump on a stim product again.
So you like C4? So why fix what aint broken? As the directions state to discontinue use after a tolerance is built up (or 8-12 weeks of use). then use a non-stim for 2-4 weeks and re-use C4 if you had such great success.

If you did want a stronger version go with Extreme Energy or C4 Ultimate. Because this product clearly works for you, so stick with it.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Have you tried HyperMax XT yet? I would add it to the list of ones TheSolution mentioned. It provides strong clean stim, somewhat euphoric. Plus out provides a great pump.
I have not tried HyperMax XT yet: I will look into that one as well.
Thank you.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
So you like C4? So why fix what aint broken? As the directions state to discontinue use after a tolerance is built up (or 8-12 weeks of use). then use a non-stim for 2-4 weeks and re-use C4 if you had such great success.

If you did want a stronger version go with Extreme Energy or C4 Ultimate. Because this product clearly works for you, so stick with it.

That is totally true, I wanted to just try out some other preworkouts just to see what they are like compared to C4. Trial and error I guess with pre workouts and see what else I may like.

I will definitely look into C4 extreme energy or C4 ultimate.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is totally true, I wanted to just try out some other preworkouts just to see what they are like compared to C4. Trial and error I guess with pre workouts and see what else I may like.

I will definitely look into C4 extreme energy or C4 ultimate.
Sure you can try everything and anything a rep on here will push your way. If you have already tried something that gives you "great" results, there is not a "great" reason to go out and try X or Y just out of curiosity or perhaps buyers remose. With an industry flooded with pre-workouts and various formulas and ingredients sometimes its better to stick to your guns.

Its like "Hey my diet is working great. I am losing weight, holding my strength, and making great progress"
Then the curious lifter who follows some ripped guy on instagram having success with a totally different diet and wants to just change. Not everyone is the same. Do what works for you. and Rinse/Repeat.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure you can try everything and anything a rep on here will push your way. If you have already tried something that gives you "great" results, there is not a "great" reason to go out and try X or Y just out of curiosity or perhaps buyers remose. With an industry flooded with pre-workouts and various formulas and ingredients sometimes its better to stick to your guns.

Its like "Hey my diet is working great. I am losing weight, holding my strength, and making great progress"
Then the curious lifter who follows some ripped guy on instagram having success with a totally different diet and wants to just change. Not everyone is the same. Do what works for you. and Rinse/Repeat.
People enjoy trying new things. Pretty sure in all those food threads, you post all kinds of different foods, many of which are in the same category.

Human nature.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
People enjoy trying new things. Pretty sure in all those food threads, you post all kinds of different foods, many of which are in the same category.

Human nature.
Sure I eat a variety of foods. Don't you too? Is your diet nothing but chicken and rice? Do you only consume fish and rice cakes? I highly doubt it.

i can also go buy Kai Green's Pre-workout because it works for him. Does that mean its going to work as good as C4 if I am seeing great results? no. Becuase again not everyone responds to same formulas. Just becuase something is great on paper does not always correlate to working in real life. Human trial and experience always triumph's what someone says, or what people read online etc...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure I eat a variety of foods. Don't you too? Is your diet nothing but chicken and rice? Do you only consume fish and rice cakes? I highly doubt it.

i can also go buy Kai Green's Pre-workout because it works for him. Does that mean its going to work as good as C4 if I am seeing great results? no. Becuase again not everyone responds to same formulas. Just becuase something is great on paper does not always correlate to working in real life. Human trial and experience always triumph's what someone says, or what people read online etc...
Still, people love variety. Food was example. Clothes is another, shoes, cars, partners, drinks.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up and trying new things.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Still, people love variety. Food was example. Clothes is another, shoes, cars, partners, drinks.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up and trying new things.
So if you had an outlined diet that is giving you great results, you would just change everything to "Try new things"?
That sounds like the typical gym goer who struggles with consistency and dedication because they always want to "Try new things" and "switch things up". This is a common case we see in public gyms and people spinning wheels and it applies to nutrition, training, and supplementation.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not arguing, just stating that people (including you) like trying different things. We all do.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Eh. I see both sides of the coin here; let's say I am using a pre-workout with 1g arginine, 2g glutamine, and 2g CEE; I may think it is working great for me, and I may be making good progress and having great workouts when I'm using it, but I would argue that it's not BECUASE of that under-dosed PWO, but independent of, if not in spite of, it. This hypothetical person using this hypothetical pre-workout would probably benefit from tying a better pre-workout, say 3g citrulline and or 400mg nitrates instead of the arginine. The science suggests that this new PWO would be more effective, so it makes sense to try it, especially if the science points to the current PWO you're using being ineffective/underdosed/etc. But this is an extreme example, going from a terrible PWO to a great one; if you're already using something with effective ingredients and doses, then changing it up isn't really as "necessary" or even as strongly suggested. I say that if compelling research comes out that the supplement/ingredient you're using is useless and/or clearly inferior, then it is logical to try something that should be useful/superior, but yeah, trying something new just to try something new isn't really a necessity at all.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh. I see both sides of the coin here; let's say I am using a pre-workout with 1g arginine, 2g glutamine, and 2g CEE; I may think it is working great for me, and I may be making good progress and having great workouts when I'm using it, but I would argue that it's not BECUASE of that under-dosed PWO, but independent of, if not in spite of, it. This hypothetical person using this hypothetical pre-workout would probably benefit from tying a better pre-workout, say 3g citrulline and or 400mg nitrates instead of the arginine. The science suggests that this new PWO would be more effective, so it makes sense to try it, especially if the science points to the current PWO you're using being ineffective/underdosed/etc. But this is an extreme example, going from a terrible PWO to a great one; if you're already using something with effective ingredients and doses, then changing it up isn't really as "necessary" or even as strongly suggested. I say that if compelling research comes out that the supplement/ingredient you're using is useless and/or clearly inferior, then it is logical to try something that should be useful/superior, but yeah, trying something new just to try something new isn't really a necessity at all.
I agree as well. Just stating that consumers, myself included, like to try new products.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Olympus labs has a new good preworkout. I do like hypermax xt which I've seen some good sales on. If you want an all in one nutrabio has two good ones or prekaged which has been mentioned.

Reason I bring up nitrates is due tolerance that you build up two months is about tops without a break from them.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm actually a fan of switching things up. HyperMax, Mesomorph, Radiate + MaxReps are the three that I seem to rotate through. Also have Kraken and Re1gn on hand.

Anabolic Goat

Awards

You are right man, I'm better off sticking to what's tried and true with myself. Looks like I'll be getting C4 extreme for now and do as you said above with the cycling between stim and no stim. I appreciate all the information/advice you have given me.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are right man, I'm better off sticking to what's tried and true with myself. Looks like I'll be getting C4 extreme for now and do as you said above with the cycling between stim and no stim. I appreciate all the information/advice you have given me.
I am no rep, just a engineer / bodybuilder, who has tried every pre workout since original NO Xplode. Outlier Nutrition FTW on deviation. Cellucor C4 is ok... Deviation is better fo sho, gave my extra C4 away actually cause of it. Sometimes i mix a bit of EVL BCAA in for natural caffeines... and tone down the DMHA from Deviation.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Olympus labs has a new good preworkout. I do like hypermax xt which I've seen some good sales on. If you want an all in one nutrabio has two good ones or prekaged which has been mentioned.

Reason I bring up nitrates is due tolerance that you build up two months is about tops without a break from them.
Nice man, it's always to good to get stuff on sale. Will look into those two, and yes the nitrates.. I think my tolerance is a bit high so I'll try and rotate a non stim preworkout in.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
I am no rep, just a engineer / bodybuilder, who has tried every pre workout since original NO Xplode. Outlier Nutrition FTW on deviation. Cellucor C4 is ok... Deviation is better fo sho, gave my extra C4 away actually cause of it. Sometimes i mix a bit of EVL BCAA in for natural caffeines... and tone down the DMHA from Deviation.
It's all good I didn't assume you were a rep or something. We all have a differences when it comes to what preworkout and what works. I've tried BCAA's before by itself, didn't do much for me to be honest.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's all good I didn't assume you were a rep or something. We all have a differences when it comes to what preworkout and what works. I've tried BCAA's before by itself, didn't do much for me to be honest.
Ahh, yeah the BCAA are just for recovery / intra. Someone else made a general comment about 'reps pushing whatever'.

Trust me the DMHA and Caffeine combo in that Deviation very powerful (if you are familiar with DMAA that was banned, this is 80% as strong).. Like liquid adderall / amph-salts. You could hit a vape pen of THC, drink this and be wide awake to hit the plates. The Creatine HCL and Betaine / Beta Alanine / Citruline Malate plus other niceties in those ingredient profiles, make it a very good $ value.

Cheers!

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Ahh, yeah the BCAA are just for recovery / intra. Someone else made a general comment about 'reps pushing whatever'.

Trust me the DMHA and Caffeine combo in that Deviation very powerful (if you are familiar with DMAA that was banned, this is 80% as strong).. Like liquid adderall / amph-salts. You could hit a vape pen of THC, drink this and be wide awake to hit the plates. The Creatine HCL and Betaine / Beta Alanine / Citruline Malate plus other niceties in those ingredient profiles, make it a very good $ value.

Cheers!
Wow interesting. I'll have to look more into this, thank you.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HyperMax XT gets rave reviews! Great all in one pre workout! 4g Citrulline + 2g Glycerol + 1 Agmatine for great pumps, 3g Beta-Alanine Orotate + 1g L-Ornithine L-Aspartate for Performance and Endurance and an amazing stim blend for focus and energy. Top contender for sure!

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
If you really like C4 but are building tolerance I think you should pick up a stim free pre workout to run for a week or more, as well as C4 Ultimate, and then keep the stim free around to use some days to prolong the length of time till you rebuild tolerance running the C4 Ultimate.

For stim free look at
Controlled Labs White Pipes
Scivation Quake caffeine free
PES High Volume
Carbon Prep
HemaV02 max
Big Noise

Anabolic Goat

Awards
If you really like C4 but are building tolerance I think you should pick up a stim free pre workout to run for a week or more, as well as C4 Ultimate, and then keep the stim free around to use some days to prolong the length of time till you rebuild tolerance running the C4 Ultimate.

For stim free look at
Controlled Labs White Pipes
Scivation Quake caffeine free
PES High Volume
Carbon Prep
HemaV02 max
Big Noise
Yes that's exactly what I plan on doing. Appreciate the help, and the list of some stim preworkouts to look at

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HyperMax XT gets rave reviews! Great all in one pre workout! 4g Citrulline + 2g Glycerol + 1 Agmatine for great pumps, 3g Beta-Alanine Orotate + 1g L-Ornithine L-Aspartate for Performance and Endurance and an amazing stim blend for focus and energy. Top contender for sure!
I'm liking the look of this actually, once I finish my deviation... I can add Muscletech Creactor (creatine HCL , free acid creatine) to HyperMax XT here and its more or less the same thing :)

DPS or A1 Supps has this for $34, not bad :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice man, it's always to good to get stuff on sale. Will look into those two, and yes the nitrates.. I think my tolerance is a bit high so I'll try and rotate a non stim preworkout in.
Arginine Nitrates are a better source of nitrates over creatine nitrates, So yes you could look into that like I commented on in post #1 with Scivation Quake 10.0

e
^ Bingo. Customer likes C4 and gets great results keep him with a product that delivers results.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
C4 is great, flavors, and works well. Ive built up a tolerance and it just gets stronger and builds more more to a point, so i just backed down. Lots of great pre workouts out there. Im taking Gamer up by Controlled Labs right now and its low stim, and very good with taurine, tyrosine in it. Another good non caffeine and caffiene pre workout is Ragnorak by Millennium Sport Technologies . The New Olympus labs looks very,very strong. I personally like to keep stimulate use low to moderate , generally.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
C4 is great, flavors, and works well. Ive built up a tolerance and it just gets stronger and builds more more to a point, so i just backed down. Lots of great pre workouts out there. Im taking Gamer up by Controlled Labs right now and its low stim, and very good with taurine, tyrosine in it. Another good non caffeine and caffiene pre workout is Ragnorak by Millennium Sport Technologies . The New Olympus labs looks very,very strong. I personally like to keep stimulate use low to moderate , generally.
I am currently going to back down from it as well until my tolerance gets back in the normal ranges. I'll have to try out that non caffeine pre workout. I am first going to try out cycling non stim and stim c4's

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am currently going to back down from it as well until my tolerance gets back in the normal ranges. I'll have to try out that non caffeine pre workout. I am first going to try out cycling non stim and stim c4's
Thats a good option. Ive cycled down from moderate stim use to zero quite a few times over the years. If you're on the high or moderate side of stimulates you can go down a notch to lower, and either stay there or come off.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Lots of great options and suggestions in here....If money were no issue I'd go with Pump Fuel Insanity, but the price is absurd. Won't do it, but I've gotten it before on sale and it's pretty fantastic.

Yes, obviously it can be a pain to have to make your batch of 10-20 servings at a time, you need a digital scale, and of course with just the raw powders it'll taste like crap, but Mio water enhancer fixes that.

Naturally, the initial cost of the ingredients is higher than a single PWO, however you will have MANY more servings overall not to mention complete control over your mix. L-Arganine is known to increase cold sore outbreaks, so if I have one coming on, I take out the L-Arg.

They like to offer free samples too, so I'd order a cheap ingredient, wait to see if they e-mail you in regards to a sample, then ask to try one of the more expensive ingredients.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Mesomorph, Wicked, Stimul8, Max Out, Level II

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
MOD EDIT:

I see part of my post was cut off, but I was referring to cantpostthathere. They're on anothersiteicantposthere.

^^^ Ahhh, so that's what happened. Really? You can mention 'go get such and such product' that may or may not be on here, but god forbid you mention something on Amazon?

Uhh, easy guys, I don't think you're missing sales from someone giving advice on solo ingredients....

If anyone really wants to know THE MYSTERIOUS INFO that's been cut out, you can PM me.

marcoseus

marcoseus

Awards
I was on mesomorph (high stim),took a break and discovered BPS stimrush and I love it.It's not necessary to go back to the higher stim pre workout of the past.
It gives me the necessary amount of energy nothing more nothing less.
Love trying new things that's how one discovers great products.
Wake up at 4:30AM to train at 6:00AM.
I also discovered that I train better early in the morning.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on mesomorph (high stim),took a break and discovered BPS stimrush and I love it.It's not necessary to go back to the higher stim pre workout of the past.
It gives me the necessary amount of energy nothing more nothing less.
Love trying new things that's how one discovers great products.
Wake up at 4:30AM to train at 6:00AM.
I also discovered that I train better early in the morning.
agreed completely once you go back down in stimulates things regulate themselves. No need to get super jacked up. Im not saying theres a certain time and place to take a little more stimulates, like I was traveling a lot this year, woke up earlier, had a lot to do that day, and would take a little more stimulates. Generally though, as long as you dont overdo stimulates , can sleep well, etc, you'll be fine

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try one of the newer pre's...all loaded to the gills, AllMax Impact Igniter, iSatori Morph Extreme or even MusclePharm Wreckage

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It can be pricey, but HyperMax xt stacked with focus xt or VasoMax depending on what you are wanting. Both yield GREAT pre workout / intra workout results but in a different way. With VasoMax, you will get really solid pumps. I’ve done HyperMax xt with VasoMax before for a week then I added in ArA and it was incredible. With focus xt, the results, pump wise, aren’t as drastic but you have a great mood and focus in the gym. Really quality stuff. You can get the Performax Labs products for 20% off plus an additional 5% using promo code AM5 at checkout.

I recently ran white Flood. It was okay. Nothing special. Just an overall solid pre workout. Taste is decent.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
As far as pres go, there are better options than C4, especially given the price tag.

Hypermax XT
Re1gn
Radiate (not technically designed as a pre, but I liked it)
Focus XT
Kracken
Ferox

The list goes on and on.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Reactr by Repp Sports worked well for me.