Carbs that help performance but does not cause inflammation??

C

clint3612

Awards
I posted this in another part of the forum and understand if it has to be removed

I've tinkered with low carb lifestyles and it makes me feel soooo much better. I'm 42 and natty but I like powerlifting so end up feeling beat up all the time. However, when I start low carbing, my inflammation really starts going away but so does my performance. Any compromise out there? Any carbs that help with performance but do not cause inflammation?

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Personally I love potatos, white rice and butternut squash because there easily digestible and cause practically no inflammation responses such as bloating and other degrading effects.

C

clint3612

Awards
Personally I love potatos, white rice and butternut squash because there easily digestible and cause practically no inflammation responses such as bloating and other degrading effects.
Are you sure about the inflammation part? I thought those foods in particular did help promote inflammation?

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Foods that you have a hard time digesting cause inflammation as the body tries to break them down which is why you get gassy after eating certain foods, like I said those work personally for me best but everyones different. Also, HOW you cook your foods can play a huge role in digestibility which is why broccoli and other veggies can often cause bloating and other issues when improperly prepared. However, as you continually consume the same foods gut bacteria also get more efficient at digesting them so over time it is possible to train the body to better adapt to consuming more less cooked variations of those foods ,as long as you take the time to allow the bacteria to properly adjust