Finasteride + daa = gyno. Help

R

rypkr

Awards
First off a forewarning - if you're on finasteride/propecia for hair loss DO NOT use DAA.

Now to the chase - I've been on finasteride for hair loss for a little over a year. At 6 months began noticing poor bodyfat distribution (and even now at 10% or less still carrying way more in the lower abs and chest than any other year). I'm in the process of tapering off of it now.

About 3 months ago I started daa in attempt to boost the the hormones that finasteride has crushed.

Bad idea, I've started developing fat under the nipples despite steadily losing bodyfat.

I can't completely say it's the daa but given its possibility to increase aromatase and my already f'd hormones I think the addition of it set it off.

Obviously I've dropped the daa but is there anything supplemental I can add now to help? Pes erase pro or something along those lines?

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
sns inhibit e is very good which ive used before should help you out if e is the issue.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Took me a while to recover from finasteride.

R

rypkr

Awards
If you don't mind answering - How long were you on finasteride and what dose? What symptoms did you have and how did you ultimately recover?

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Luckily only 7 months and i only used very very small doses .25 3 days a week and it still messed me up. Destroyed libido, watery semen were the worst symptoms. Arimidex worked well to bring libido back until i used too much then i got hit with estro rebound after that which wasnt pleasant. Things that helped recovery were pine pollen powder and tincture, citrulline, maca, taurine and tyrosine.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Been on it for 6 or so years and I am 34. Half/0.5mg EOD

Absolutely no sides what so ever. Still morning woods, libido is great, can still lift heavy and get my body in great condition

Hair is full, so dropping it down to 0.25mg

Not saying it doesn't cause issues but a lot of it is overblown

R

rypkr

Awards
Thanks for the replies thus far everyone.

Been on it for 6 or so years and I am 34. Half/0.5mg EOD

Absolutely no sides what so ever. Still morning woods, libido is great, can still lift heavy and get my body in great condition

Hair is full, so dropping it down to 0.25mg

Not saying it doesn't cause issues but a lot of it is overblown
So currently 0.5mg EOD and you're moving to 0.25 EOD? And you've had no issues with a prepensity to store bodyfat in the lower abs, love handles, or chest?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies thus far everyone.

So currently 0.5mg EOD and you're moving to 0.25 EOD? And you've had no issues with a prepensity to store bodyfat in the lower abs, love handles, or chest?
Yes. Only because my balding isn't that bad at all and I can make the fin last even longer

Ive noticed nothing dif than before or previous years. Everyone stores fat in certain areas there is no stopping that unfortunately

R

rypkr

Awards
Yes. Only because my balding isn't that bad at all and I can make the fin last even longer

Ive noticed nothing dif than before or previous years. Everyone stores fat in certain areas there is no stopping that unfortunately
True. But I've cut to true 7-8% every summer of my life for the last 17 years.
This year is an entirely different animal however.

Yes... harder to lose scale weight, but absurd redistribution patten on lower abs, love handle and chest. Literally has taken nearly twice the deficit and weeks straight on PSMF style diet to move the stubborn fat along with like 5 doses of yohimbibe/caffeine a day and far more cardio than ever before.

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I'd run out and buy some Novadex XT ASAP. ATD being a suicide inhibitor seems to be a way better choice for men wanting to reduce estrogen. DAA causes aromatase upregulation and with the reduction in DHT based hormones, it's not a shock that you are having this issue.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I'd run out and buy some Novadex XT ASAP. ATD being a suicide inhibitor seems to be a way better choice for men wanting to reduce estrogen. DAA causes aromatase upregulation and with the reduction in DHT based hormones, it's not a shock that you are having this issue.
Letro - early stages
Surgery - late stage

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Nothing over the counter will help with gyno. You have have 2 choices. As said above

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
True. But I've cut to true 7-8% every summer of my life for the last 17 years.
This year is an entirely different animal however.

Yes... harder to lose scale weight, but absurd redistribution patten on lower abs, love handle and chest. Literally has taken nearly twice the deficit and weeks straight on PSMF style diet to move the stubborn fat along with like 5 doses of yohimbibe/caffeine a day and far more cardio than ever before.
So what's your E2 level, using the LC/MS "Sensitive" assay? You're nipples are "on fire" - like you want to put ice on them, and even crossing your arms in front of you causes severe pain? (that's the start of "gyno" and you can even go for a bit with that, before actually developing it). If you want a suicide inhibitor, I'd go with Indian Pharma Exemestane. I'm amazed that DAA can do anything in someone who's not 80 years old and hypogonadal with a low sperm count :D

U

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off a forewarning - if you're on finasteride/propecia for hair loss DO NOT use DAA.

Now to the chase - I've been on finasteride for hair loss for a little over a year. At 6 months began noticing poor bodyfat distribution (and even now at 10% or less still carrying way more in the lower abs and chest than any other year). I'm in the process of tapering off of it now.

About 3 months ago I started daa in attempt to boost the the hormones that finasteride has crushed.

Bad idea, I've started developing fat under the nipples despite steadily losing bodyfat.

I can't completely say it's the daa but given its possibility to increase aromatase and my already f'd hormones I think the addition of it set it off.

Obviously I've dropped the daa but is there anything supplemental I can add now to help? Pes erase pro or something along those lines?
Finasteride can raise total Test (because of lack of conversion to DHT) and thus more can be converted to E2. Not much though and the body usually equals it out. DAA doesnt do **** man. Never has and never will. Go get blood work done.

Also it sounds like you are getting up there in age. At some point cutting down to 7% is not going to be possible with out hormonal help.

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
You need DHT to offset the estrogen in your body. There seems to be a ratio that is needed for proper function and too far outside this ratio and you can get yourself into trouble. DHT antagonizes the effects of estrogen.

DAA can increase aromatase levels, which can make the situation way worse. So, you are kind of playing with fire here. DAA (the right form) is very effective IMHO but you do need to watch the extra estrogen produced with that additional testosterone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Anabolics 12
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
M Anabolics 19
AdelV Supplements 14
A 35 and Older 1