Apple Cider Vinegar

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that drinking apple cider vinegar 30 minutes before a meal can increase insulin sensitivity and act as a GDA, but could you increase overall insulin sensitivity further by drinking it throughout the day too?
My thinking behind this is that it would keep insulin lower throughout the day and allow for a better fat loss environment/effect.

Ideas and opinions will be appreciated.

LucifersLight

Awards
I think I saw a study quoted by Jacob Wilson in a seminar which said over 30ml a day saw no increased effect. He also posted it as an infographic on his Instagram.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I have seen studies saying that ACV helps with digestion and regularity. Whether it actually helps with insulin sensitivity is still up in the air.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have seen studies saying that ACV helps with digestion and regularity. Whether it actually helps with insulin sensitivity is still up in the air.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been proven to increase insulin sensitivity and decreasing the insulin response from carbohydrate intake. It does this by speeding up the process of clearing glucose out of the bloodstream and putting it into storage tissue, (muscles and organs). This reduces the amount of insulin the pancreas has to produce and pump out thus improving insulin sensitivity.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IN to see more information about this. Have also seen interesting information about Coconut vinegar possibly being better.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It caused me way too much stomach upset.
Even mixed with water? I take it with full glass of water and it seems to help me digest food better. Also seems to reduce heart burn.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Apple Cider Vinegar has been proven to increase insulin sensitivity and decreasing the insulin response from carbohydrate intake. It does this by speeding up the process of clearing glucose out of the bloodstream and putting it into storage tissue, (muscles and organs). This reduces the amount of insulin the pancreas has to produce and pump out thus improving insulin sensitivity.
Proven? Or demonstrates an effect? People use "prove" way too much in contexts like this. Nothing is proven, except mathematics

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Even mixed with water? I take it with full glass of water and it seems to help me digest food better. Also seems to reduce heart burn.
I have tried it different ways - guess I am a little more sensitive.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IN to see more information about this. Have also seen interesting information about Coconut vinegar possibly being better.
Same. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it, whether it works or not.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
every morning I do a small glass of water, APV, Lemon Juice, and Pink Sea Salt.....I've learned to enjoy the drink where most people who have tried it tell me it's gross

also throw some APV in a warm Epsom bath, you need to shower after if you are worried about the smell

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
every morning I do a small glass of water, APV, Lemon Juice, and Pink Sea Salt.....I've learned to enjoy the drink where most people who have tried it tell me it's gross

also throw some APV in a warm Epsom bath, you need to shower after if you are worried about the smell
What's APV?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What kind of effects/benefits have you noticed from doing this?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What kind of effects/benefits have you noticed from doing this?
I used to do it off and on....I'd get a big bottle of ACV and when it ran out I'd forget to get more

this year I've been more steady with it and It may have helped me get more lean but I've also had to adjust my training which could be attributed to it

other than that it's for all of these so called health benefits....and I can't drink straight sea salt and water, that to me is the worst

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fire Cider for the win.