Building12

Awards
Just wondered what would be the best ,
Any suggestions?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I always go for Orange Triad which i feel is one of the best and 2nd option would be Gaspari's Anavite.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any suggestions?
congrats on still lifting over 60!!!

couple of good suggestions in above posts, one of them would do and you could add some 'extra' stuff if wanted/needed. lots of good stuff can be bought in bulk from a company called SNS.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Hard to beat Anavite..I like NutraBio's and Life Extension also

Building12

Awards
congrats on still lifting over 60!!!

couple of good suggestions in above posts, one of them would do and you could add some 'extra' stuff if wanted/needed. lots of good stuff can be bought in bulk from a company called SNS.
Thanks. Gym and lifting is my passion. It is the change in the body formation that keeps you going.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always go for Orange Triad which i feel is one of the best and 2nd option would be Gaspari's Anavite.
Orange Triad or Anavite.
You could always go one better than the standard Orange Triad and go for Orange Triad+Greens.
It's an all in one...
Multi Vitamin
Multi Mineral
Joint Support
Digestive Support
Enzyme Support
Immune Support
With all of the berries, fruits and veg extracts.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could always go one better than the standard Orange Triad and go for Orange Triad+Greens.
It's an all in one...
Multi Vitamin
Multi Mineral
Joint Support
Digestive Support
Enzyme Support
Immune Support
With all of the berries, fruits and veg extracts.
Haven't tried. Will give it a go next time. Have 2 bottles of Anavite to finish

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't tried. Will give it a go next time. Have 2 bottles of Anavite to finish
The taste isn't great on it's own but I mix mine with chocolate flavoured whey protein powder. It's like a chocolate orange health and power shake

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The taste isn't great on it's own but I mix mine with chocolate flavoured whey protein powder. It's like a chocolate orange health and power shake
Thanks for the heads up man

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any suggestions?
don't use anything with only one form of A and E, avoid Calcium in supplemental form especially over 40-50 years of age, no chromium, and make sure dosages are not astronomical like over 100% or it becomes the opposite, not healthy or helpful, may create imbalances ...

Building12

Awards
I just bought the O. Triad the green is not available in UK OR USA could not find it anywhere.

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
Controlled Labs Orange Triad. Great multi vitamin, joint support, digestion and immune support, and each bottle is a full 45 day supply.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
don't use anything with only one form of A and E, avoid Calcium in supplemental form especially over 40-50 years of age, no chromium, and make sure dosages are not astronomical like over 100% or it becomes the opposite, not healthy or helpful, may create imbalances ...
USP working on a vitamin?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USP working on a vitamin?
Yes, harder than I thought but we nailed it, and hate will be strong on this one....

Sometimes enlightening data is not received very well by consumer and company....what we had been led to believe, we shouldn't believe.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Yes, harder than I thought but we nailed it, and hate will be strong on this one....

Sometimes enlightening data is not received very well by consumer and company....what we had been led to believe, we shouldn't believe.
Looking forward to picking it up. Will we see it anytime soon? USPLabs is occupying more and more of my little supplement cabinet.

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards

Might it be pink and/or magical?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to picking it up. Will we see it anytime soon? USPLabs is occupying more and more of my little supplement cabinet.
6-8 weeks and I'll give you three months on the house, just remind me!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
mind sharing the reason for avoiding calcium supplementation over 40-50?

calcium is something I have been using to help arthritis in my knee...i'm 58. USPlabsRep

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mind sharing the reason for avoiding calcium supplementation over 40-50?

calcium is something I have been using to help arthritis in my knee...i'm 58. USPlabsRep
sure, here is a preview of that info, which in this case, I will share because the consequence is severe.

While some individuals could use some additional calcium in their diet, we have chosen not to include supplemental calcium (not including very small amounts of calcium salt for some vitamins in the formula). This is because while still controversial with some conflicting studies, recent evidence has suggested that supplemental calcium may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease, while dietary calcium does not seem to do so (1-3). The reason for this discrepancy isn't entirely clear but it has been hypothesized that a substantial increase in serum calcium after ingestion of supplements may play a role. While there is still debate in the scientific community as to whether supplemental calcium increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, we decided to err on the side of caution. Therefore, we recommend that individuals not currently meeting the RDA for calcium, supplement their diet with calcium rich foods, rather than supplements.
References
1. Tankeu AT, Ndip Agbor V, Noubiap JJ. Calcium supplementation and cardiovascular risk: A rising concern. 2017 Jun;19(6):640-646
2. Reid IR, Bristow SM, Bolland MJ. Cardiovascular complications of calcium supplements. J Cell Biochem. 2015 Apr;116(4):494-501
3. Anderson JJ, Kruska B, Delaney JA, et al. Calcium intake from diet and supplements and the risk of coronary artery calcification and its progression among older adults: 10-year follow-up of the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA). J Am Heart Assoc. 2016 Oct 11;5(10). pii: e003815.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sure, here is a preview of that info, which in this case, I will share because the consequence is severe.

While some individuals could use some additional calcium in their diet, we have chosen not to include supplemental calcium (not including very small amounts of calcium salt for some vitamins in the formula). This is because while still controversial with some conflicting studies, recent evidence has suggested that supplemental calcium may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease, while dietary calcium does not seem to do so (1-3). The reason for this discrepancy isn't entirely clear but it has been hypothesized that a substantial increase in serum calcium after ingestion of supplements may play a role. While there is still debate in the scientific community as to whether supplemental calcium increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, we decided to err on the side of caution. Therefore, we recommend that individuals not currently meeting the RDA for calcium, supplement their diet with calcium rich foods, rather than supplements.
References
1. Tankeu AT, Ndip Agbor V, Noubiap JJ. Calcium supplementation and cardiovascular risk: A rising concern. 2017 Jun;19(6):640-646
2. Reid IR, Bristow SM, Bolland MJ. Cardiovascular complications of calcium supplements. J Cell Biochem. 2015 Apr;116(4):494-501
3. Anderson JJ, Kruska B, Delaney JA, et al. Calcium intake from diet and supplements and the risk of coronary artery calcification and its progression among older adults: 10-year follow-up of the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA). J Am Heart Assoc. 2016 Oct 11;5(10). pii: e003815.
I agree that food is a better source than pills, but that is true for everything...in the case of calcium though it is easy to meet the requirements thru food/dairy.

thanks, I think I will just up my intake of dairy and drop the pills!!!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that food is a better source than pills, but that is true for everything...in the case of calcium though it is easy to meet the requirements thru food/dairy.

Yes sir, Food first, and our Multi takes that fact into consideration...

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

eat yogurt and get your probiotics, win/win.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Would it be possible to aware me on Chromium? My current multi has it, and a GDA I just ordered has it as well. I understand if you can't.

This gonna be called Modern Multi?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would it be possible to aware me on Chromium? My current multi has it, and a GDA I just ordered has it as well. I understand if you can't.

This gonna be called Modern Multi?
Can I ask why you think you need chromium and especially the need to take daily?

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Can I ask why you think you need chromium and especially the need to take daily?
I don't really have any reason. I saw your previous post and got thinking, and checked my current multi (big company), and a product that I have on the way (GDA). Just wondering what might be bad for me taking a multi with it. This actually makes me more eager for the USP multi.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really have any reason. I saw your previous post and got thinking, and checked my current multi (big company), and a product that I have on the way (GDA). Just wondering what might be bad for me taking a multi with it. This actually makes me more eager for the USP multi.
no need for it, Chromium deficiencies are close to non existent. It has no use as a GDA...could be dangerous and minimum not considered healthy,

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160111121443.htm

its a bro nutrient,...that is funny.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I encourage you to call the company and ask why they included it and then ask for a refund..
Might not be the appropriate place, and maybe you can't say but what else do you guys have in store. I think I tried a bottle of Anabolic Pump back in the day. If you can't say much I understand. Thanks again USPlabsRep!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might not be the appropriate place, and maybe you can't say but what else do you guys have in store. I think I tried a bottle of Anabolic Pump back in the day. If you can't say much I understand. Thanks again USPlabsRep!
Vitamin/mineral his and hers
PowerFULL re-launch
AP re-launch
Strawberry Cheesecake ModernProtein (higher protein content/lower fat)
EAA formula ratio backed by good data.
A novel formula for cardio
a novel nighttime formula not for sleep but to target fat loss while you sleep....
a novel ModernProtein flavor

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin/mineral his and hers
PowerFULL re-launch
AP re-launch
Strawberry Cheesecake ModernProtein (higher protein content/lower fat)
EAA formula ratio backed by good data.
A novel formula for cardio
a novel nighttime formula not for sleep but to target fat loss while you sleep....
a novel ModernProtein flavor
Very cool! Looks like I'll be needing more room in my Supplement cabinet. Looking forward the multi vitamin and I'll be taking you up on that three month offer when it's released. Thanks again for the responses USPlabsRep.