Headaches & Brain Fog from stims?

shrimp11

Awards
I have been taking half a scoop of Hypermax 3x about 150mg of caffeine a week and have these side effects of bouts of no motivation, headaches, and brain fog. What should I do about this ****

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking half a scoop of Hypermax 3x about 150mg of caffeine a week and have these side effects of bouts of no motivation, headaches, and brain fog. What should I do about this ****
Are you positive it's the stims?

What is your sleep like? Hydration? Any other supplements?
Do you stare at screens all day? Do you properly stretch throughout the week after hard workouts?
What does recovery entail? How's diet look?

When you cut out stims completely do you not get headaches anymore?

shrimp11

Awards
Thanks for responding wimsicle,

sleep - 12am-9:30am
water - 1 gallon per day
supplements - creatine ethy ester, multivitamin, fish oil, for sleep melatonin and l-tryptophan
yes i stare at screens all day, only stretch pre workout for 45 minutes

shrimp11

Awards
No recovery plan, diet alright not amazing by any stretch cheap with sugar often

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've had similar experiences and it could be the artificial sweeteners

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you have trouble sleeping that you are taking melatonin & l-tryptophan? Consider perhaps not taking melatonin and just prepping yourself for bed naturally about an 1hr before (no tv, computers, etc.)

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Also shrimp11, do you consume a lot of casein or whey?

When I was consuming a lot of casein I'd get those side effects extra bad. Casomorphins are addictive opiates contained in casein. Also, if you're consuming large amounts of calcium and glutamate, both of which casein is high in, you induce a vicious cycle of perpetual neuron stimulation. Over time this'll leave you worn out and you'll have symptoms similar to aspartate poisoning (which in turn is induced through aspartate over-stimulating your neurons).

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Drink coffee instead of popping caffeine pills.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
I'm addicted to caffeine, if I don't have any I get headaches, I have to stop for like 4 days of withdrawal for headaches and lack of motivation to go away, I know I'm better off without it but I don't drink, smoke pot or anything, and my girlfriend and I have been going at it alot and we just brought our newborn twin boys home from the hospital, so between no sleep a five year old boy constantly testing how far he can take things, and a business to run when my girl doesn't want me to work and just always help with the babies, and she's never had her own place so I can't expect her to understand what it takes to make our world go round, and I feel like i have to be everything to everybody, so quiting caffeine rite now seems challenging, but definitely felt alot better before I started drinking so much of it latley

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Oh yeah, I started jogging a mile every morning, that's what I did before to replace artificial energy, works great to increase natural energy

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Choline often times helps with brain fog.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several things that could be doing this. The sweeteners in it, the caffeine or a reaction to one of the ingredients. The easiest way to fix the problem is stop taking it. You can test out other types of products that may work better.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

@OP what've you tried and has anything worked?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for responding wimsicle,

sleep - 12am-9:30am
water - 1 gallon per day
supplements - creatine ethy ester, multivitamin, fish oil, for sleep melatonin and l-tryptophan
yes i stare at screens all day, only stretch pre workout for 45 minutes
This has nothing to do with your headaches but ditch the creatine ethyl ester, it's been proven to be worthless in studies. Switch to regular creapure mono.

I'd try a complete stim break for your headaches.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I experience this (rarely happens) I stop my stims for a few weeks. I use a non stim pre workout (VasoMax, high volume) in place of it and it usually helps.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also shrimp11, do you consume a lot of casein or whey?

When I was consuming a lot of casein I'd get those side effects extra bad. Casomorphins are addictive opiates contained in casein. Also, if you're consuming large amounts of calcium and glutamate, both of which casein is high in, you induce a vicious cycle of perpetual neuron stimulation. Over time this'll leave you worn out and you'll have symptoms similar to aspartate poisoning (which in turn is induced through aspartate over-stimulating your neurons).
Didn't know that about casein....

shrimp11

Awards
This has nothing to do with your headaches but ditch the creatine ethyl ester, it's been proven to be worthless in studies. Switch to regular creapure mono.

I'd try a complete stim break for your headaches.
Why is creatine ethyl ester worthless, I thought its more absorable than mono

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Why is creatine ethyl ester worthless, I thought its more absorable than mono
Nah it is terrible, and reduces to a waste product very rapidly.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm addicted to caffeine, if I don't have any I get headaches, I have to stop for like 4 days of withdrawal for headaches and lack of motivation to go away, I know I'm better off without it but I don't drink, smoke pot or anything, and my girlfriend and I have been going at it alot and we just brought our newborn twin boys home from the hospital, so between no sleep a five year old boy constantly testing how far he can take things, and a business to run when my girl doesn't want me to work and just always help with the babies, and she's never had her own place so I can't expect her to understand what it takes to make our world go round, and I feel like i have to be everything to everybody, so quiting caffeine rite now seems challenging, but definitely felt alot better before I started drinking so much of it latley
I have a similar life to yours, lol, and it's no way I can stop stims, it's just not reality. I do try to take a day off a week, I feel fine but I just know I'm so much better with it :p