Nettle Root discussion

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been researching testosterone boosters for a little bit, and after some discussion with other forum members im looking to clear up some information.

Ok, K1ngs Blood looks awesome. However it's $10 more even on sale than M-Test.

Thing holding me back on M-Test & AlphaMAX XT

NETTLE ROOT

Comment made by forum member/s-

It blocks androgens from binding to the receptor
Reduces testosterone levels.
Reduces DHT levels.
Its being studied for use in prostate cancer because it reduces DHT and blocks androgen receptors so well.
Last thing you want is less test, less DHT and while they are being reduced the test and DHT you have is prevented from binding to the receptor anyways.

The misconception lies in UDs ability to raise LH and FSH. Unfortunately this is the bodies way of reacting to the lowering of test levels and blocking of the Androgen receptor. The LH/FSH rise happens BECAUSE test and dht are low.

Quotes from UD studies.

"Nettle extract may lower testosterone by cholesterol reduction."

"Nettle contains compounds such as sterols, flavonoids and polysaccharides that these compounds are antiandrogens and deal with testosterone function."

"Nettle prevents formation of the active form of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone by inhibition the enzyme 5-alpha reductase"

"Nettle root extract inhibits aromatase and thus prevents the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, and also prevents androgen binding to androgen receptors"
[/I]

Thoughts?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IF you want kinds blood use code AM10 on mind and muscle to bring the cost closer. Both are good products and will give good gainz. I wouldn't stress the nettle root as it will not have that much of an effect as you might think.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IF you want kinds blood use code AM10 on mind and muscle to bring the cost closer. Both are good products and will give good gainz. I wouldn't stress the nettle root as it will not have that much of an effect as you might think.
No offence, M&M had it for $50. 10% off brings it to $45, which is $20 more expensive. I mentioned it's $35 on sale, but you've stated to save costs use M&M ?.

If Nettle won't do much, why use it and not replace it with something which will?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
For some people and in my own experience, use of nettle root and or products that contain nettle root may cause side effects such as water retention and sore itchy puffy nipples (gyno symptoms). Since it binds to SHBG, it frees up both T and E that is bound to SHBG. Depending on the individual, it may unfavorably effect the unbound T/E ratio. Also freeing up more T means that there is now more free T floating around and available to interact with the Aromatase enzyme to be converted to E.