WHAT SHOULD WE MAKE? YOU TELL US!

What would you like to see MA Labs make next?

• Weight Gainer Product

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You Tell Us!

Here at MA Labs our goal is simple--to make new and/or best-in-class products that exceed our customers' expectations.

If you could have a supplement company personally design a product of your choice, what would you choose? This can be something brand new or an upgrade to a currently existing category of products.

After choosing one of the options listed in the poll above, I would like to hear exactly what YOU THINK this product should be. Be as specific as you want. Let me know what ingredients, dosages, and combinations of ingredients you would choose for your dream product. Or, feel free to provide a more general recommendation. Either way, I want to know.

Note: I did not include the following categories in the product poll, as we either already carry these products or are releasing them soon (stimulant-free pre-workout/pump product, growth hormone product, opioid-based pain relieving product, anti-anxiety product)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Intra-Workout BCAA/Ergogenic

7g of BCAA's in a 2:1:1 Ratio
3.5g Leucine
1.75g Iso Leucine
1.75 Valine

Electrolytes (Hydration/Recovery)
2.5g Betaine (Pumps/Performance)
2g LCLT (Recovery/Performance)
4g Peak 02 (performance & endurance)
2.5g Synerglut (Recovery/Performance)
1g Agmatine (Pump/Nutrient Partitioning)
500mg Coconut Water Extract (Hydration)
50mg Astragin (Help with nutrient uptake)
5mg Bioperine

Make the product Creatine Free & Carb free because both are things that could be added in bulk. This makes it liable for someone dieting and wants to consume something pre/intra workout for peri-workout nutrition without the added carbs, and you could also make a Carb version by adding 25-30g of HBCD

G

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
A solid test base product would be great. I don't know what I'll use as a test base for my next cycle now that Dermacrine and Dermatrest have been discontinued. I think 4-Andro was mentioned as an alternative so maybe I'll try that.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
Bob, why would you want bcaa forums onky?

Why not EAA'S and then throw in some extra Leucine?

But yea Mike, the ultimate intra drink would be great.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bob, why would you want bcaa forums onky?

Why not EAA'S and then throw in some extra Leucine?

But yea Mike, the ultimate intra drink would be great.
3.5g of Leucine is enough to stimulate MPS to its furthest degree.
The common misconception of more does not always = better.

This is also a product that can be stacked with additional EAA (if you want), Carbs (for intra-workout performance) and Creatine (Strength/Performance/Endurance). The reason I left them out is because some people like to 1) have a base product to utilize, and 2) like to customize something for their goal. Some people don't like carbs and creatine in their products, but if they want them these are easy things you can add in bulk. 7g of BCAA's is a good base for most people and the amount of Leucine is enough to trigger MPS to its furthest degree. If the consumer feels the need to add more (assuming flavoring is good) they could add extra bulk BCAA/EAA to their mix to suit their needs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488566/
https://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

You are free to design whichever you prefer. Considering most people utilize BCAA's, the addition of the ergogenic products would only benefit them and their workout progress. (at least IMO)

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
Oh even though I voted for the intra drink, a GDA would be cool too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3.5g of Leucine is enough to stimulate MPS to its furthest degree.
The common misconception of more does not always = better.

This is also a product that can be stacked with additional EAA (if you want), Carbs (for intra-workout performance) and Creatine (Strength/Performance/Endurance). The reason I left them out is because some people like to 1) have a base product to utilize, and 2) like to customize something for their goal. Some people don't like carbs and creatine in their products, but if they want them these are easy things you can add in bulk. 7g of BCAA's is a good base for most people and the amount of Leucine is enough to trigger MPS to its furthest degree. If the consumer feels the need to add more (assuming flavoring is good) they could add extra bulk BCAA/EAA to their mix to suit their needs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488566/
https://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

You are free to design whichever you prefer. Considering most people utilize BCAA's, the addition of the ergogenic products would only benefit them and their workout progress. (at least IMO)
While BCAAs are "fine" and "effective" at triggering/increasing MPS, there is some research suggesting that the presence of EAAs (beyond just BCAAs/leucine) is "ideal." It's not a "more is better" approach, it's a "let's try not to miss something that could be a potential limiting factor." You are correct that the 3.5g leucine is likely sufficient to "maximize" MPS, so you don't need more, but having some EAAs does seem like it could help. I'm not sure why someone would want to add an EAA supplement to this proposed product, as you already mentioned the leucine is sufficient, unless you're talking a bulk EAA powder (that doesn't focus on having a high amount of leucine) like NOW Amino-9 as opposed to another "commercial/finished product" that contains EAAs, as, like you said, you'd probably end up with more leucine as well as a very small amount of other EAAs (and less money in your wallet) than you need.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When you say Prohormone Product, what does that mean? DHEA derivative? Something common like M-Sten/DMZ? Or something else more "exotic"

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Based on how you guys do other supplements I would be interested on your take for a stimmed PWO

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While BCAAs are "fine" and "effective" at triggering/increasing MPS, there is some research suggesting that the presence of EAAs (beyond just BCAAs/leucine) is "ideal." It's not a "more is better" approach, it's a "let's try not to miss something that could be a potential limiting factor." You are correct that the 3.5g leucine is likely sufficient to "maximize" MPS, so you don't need more, but having some EAAs does seem like it could help. I'm not sure why someone would want to add an EAA supplement to this proposed product, as you already mentioned the leucine is sufficient, unless you're talking a bulk EAA powder (that doesn't focus on having a high amount of leucine) like NOW Amino-9 as opposed to another "commercial/finished product" that contains EAAs, as, like you said, you'd probably end up with more leucine as well as a very small amount of other EAAs (and less money in your wallet) than you need.
Sure.. And like i said.. The user can "CUSTOMIZE" their product.
I am making a base product that can be altered to anyones needs.
There is no one size fits all in this industry. Therefore leaving out a few things that some people may or may not want is simply that. a Way for them to utilize a product and adjust it to their needs. Not everyone wants a BCAA/EAA blend.

Look at the top selling aminos products on the market, are they more EAA or BCAA Based? It is pretty clear which ones are the top selling products. But like I said.. This formula I sketched up can have many things added to it to help enhance someone in different phases of their training regarding their intake, and what bulk products they like/enjoy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure.. And like i said.. The user can "CUSTOMIZE" their product.
I am making a base product that can be altered to anyones needs.
There is no one size fits all in this industry. Therefore leaving out a few things that some people may or may not want is simply that. a Way for them to utilize a product and adjust it to their needs. Not everyone wants a BCAA/EAA blend.

Look at the top selling aminos products on the market, are they more EAA or BCAA Based? ill let you do the numbers and find the totals. Its pretty damn clear who is the front runner.
I get what you're saying, but I don't know if anyone that actively avoids EAAs per se, but just it seems that the mainstream supplement-buying population recognizes BCAAs and buys that; EAAs include BCAAs, so it seems that, perhaps, in time and with proper marketing/labeling/etc, people would shift to EAAs > BCAAs, as EAAs include BCAAs (and is more "ideal"). If formulation in the supplement industry was based purely on giving people what the masses already want, we'd be stuck with "novel" forms of creatine, arginine, glutamine, and deer antler velvet haha (C4 probably sells more units than the vast majority of pre-workouts we enjoy/use here on AM; does that mean it's better or what future formulation should be based on?).

Anyway, I don't think we really even disagree on anything here, so I don't want to turn this thread into an argument about nothing/semantics haha.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I get what you're saying, but I don't know if anyone that actively avoids EAAs per se, but just it seems that the mainstream supplement-buying population recognizes BCAAs and buys that; EAAs include BCAAs, so it seems that, perhaps, in time and with proper marketing/labeling/etc, people would shift to EAAs > BCAAs, as EAAs include BCAAs (and is more "ideal"). If formulation in the supplement industry was based purely on giving people what the masses already want, we'd be stuck with "novel" forms of creatine, arginine, glutamine, and deer antler velvet haha (C4 probably sells more units than the vast majority of pre-workouts we enjoy/use here on AM; does that mean it's better or what future formulation should be based on?).

Anyway, I don't think we really even disagree on anything here, so I don't want to turn this thread into an argument about nothing/semantics haha.
That's basically all your post implied in the first place lol...

Look at the top selling products in the market are they all 100% scientifically researched in every ingredient and category. No, and it will prob never be that way either

Welcome to the supplement industry

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A solid test base product would be great. I don't know what I'll use as a test base for my next cycle now that Dermacrine and Dermatrest have been discontinued. I think 4-Andro was mentioned as an alternative so maybe I'll try that.
A 4 andro like chemical 4 would work great. What would you be stacking it with?

G

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
A 4 andro like chemical 4 would work great. What would you be stacking it with?
Well I still have some dermatrest left so my next cycle will be that with alpha 1 and desoxy. But after that I was thinking some Dien (still need to purchase), Msten, and whatever test base is around.

I also have some 6 Bromo laying around, any thoughts if I should add it in to either of the stacks?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cycle support product, I would term health product, because I feel like these products are very beneficial regardless if on cycle or not. If you take an assortment of vitamins and extracts for health it's a real pain. Having one product that hits multiple bases is convienient. That is the beauty of your somatozine product. It's eliminates having 5-6 bottles of vitamins minerals on your counter.

Prohormone product, but would rather see a sarms product or something along those lines.

Stimulant free fat burner that is effective. I know you've hinted at this in the recent past, this would be epic.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
I think the reason why bcaa products sell so much us that people are just brain washed into believing that they are better than a full spectrum eaa.
Most probably don't even know that the BCAA'S are included in an EAA product

S

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OL's Sup3r-DHEA looks like a close replacement for Dermacrine. It's also a standard DHEA Test Base with an anti E thrown in.

T

THEstudent

Awards
A true men's "performance" product that increases libido as well as function.

D

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to see a non-opioid based mood enhancer, sleep or relaxation product