Ingredient Panels

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I understand that there are companies that prefer prop blends while others offer full disclosure.

Why would a company have both? One I saw had a full disclosure PWO but a prop blend thermo...

Thoughts?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I understand that there are companies that prefer prop blends while others offer full disclosure.

Why would a company have both? One I saw had a full disclosure PWO but a prop blend thermo...

Thoughts?
Usually the prop blend is for ingredients that have a 'feel' factor to them - like stims or ingredients that induce sweating for example. Blending stimulants in ratios to produce a nice feel effect can take weeks of testing, and so they might be using the prop blend to better protect their weeks of investment.

On the other hand other ingredients may not produce a 'felt' effect, however they have dosages considered effective and so they disclose those to so consumers know they are getting adequate amounts

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Usually the prop blend is for ingredients that have a 'feel' factor to them - like stims or ingredients that induce sweating for example. Blending stimulants in ratios to produce a nice feel effect can take weeks of testing, and so they might be using the prop blend to better protect their weeks of investment.

On the other hand other ingredients may not produce a 'felt' effect, however they have dosages considered effective and so they disclose those to so consumers know they are getting adequate amounts
Gotcha but why wouldn't they just disclose them in the "feel" products?

The way I perceived this company is.....our PWO is not that important so we'll just offer a full disclosure where our thermo / prop blend is top notch and we don't want anyone to rip it off....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha but why wouldn't they just disclose them in the "feel" products?

The way I perceived this company is.....our PWO is not that important so we'll just offer a full disclosure where our thermo / prop blend is top notch and we don't want anyone to rip it off....
I'm not sure I understand.Why should a company disclose stimulants when they have no real 'ideal' dosage - especially in combination? Most stimulants have no other effect other than stimulation, and so whether they are prop blended or not makes no difference to how you feel when you use them. They won't skimp on stims if the product relies on them for that feel factor.

They prop them because combining stims can take weeks of tweaking dosages to get a good balance between stimulation and not overstimulation.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oh I think I see what you mean, you mean two separate products? I thought you meant half and half between prop blended and not prop blended. I.e. within the same product, and one component being the thermo part, haha.

What products are you referring to?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, guess I should have explained better

One company not on the boards has a PWO full disclosure and a thermo Prop blend in their arsenal...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can see what your saying.....almost like one of the products is more important to them and the other they are just making because they have to have it in their supplement lineup ie: a preworkout

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This answer made complete sense to me..

From that point on, I got completely confused..:smokin:

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps it is a newer ingredient that only that company is presently using and does not want other companies to know the potential effective dose of it?

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established

Thoughts?
The proprietary product could have been pixie dusted. This allows them to list a lot of effective ingredients but only put minuscule amounts of some in there. It makes it seem as if you're getting this full dose of each ingredient when in fact you're getting amounts of some compounds that isn't enough to have an effect. For example:

Proprietary energy blend: 400 mg
Caffeine anhydrous, DMAA, DMHA, yohimbine hcl

But if the caffeine is actually say 380 mg then there's insignificant amounts of the other components. But they can still market it as "Energy blend with dmaa AND dmha!"

aflexaholic

aflexaholic

Board Sponsor
Awards

Thoughts?
Truthfully, my original products had prop blends because of an irrational fear that other companies would think so highly of my product that they would want to steal my formula's. As my ego and ignorance came back from the clouds, over the years I realized that pretty much nobody was interested in copying what I made so we did away with prop blends in our newer products and once we update our older products we will do the same.

That being said, I never did this to pixie dust my products.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another reason would be so some other company doesn't mimic a similar formula.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Another reason would be so some other company doesn't mimic a similar formula.
But if a company really wants to rip off a formula labs can reverse engineer it for about $100

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But if a company really wants to rip off a formula labs can reverse engineer it for about $100
lol no, way more than that + it's not that easy actually to reverse engineer certain extracts

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The truth is different companies use prop blends for different reasons entirely. It may be to protect the research they've done and don't want other people copying, or they may want to hide the fact that they're pixie dusting certain ingredients.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
The truth is different companies use prop blends for different reasons entirely. It may be to protect the research they've done and don't want other people copying, or they may want to hide the fact that they're pixie dusting certain ingredients.
Exactly, 100%

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone have details of one company "ripping off" someone else's formula?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
In house, 'Secret' research - sign me up :D

Agree with the second part.

OP, do a search for 'Prop Blends' and you'll find more than enough educated opinion and fact - one from user 1fast400 who makes supplements, and should be the final word on the subject. It's all been said and just creates a bunch of pissed off people on both sides every time.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In house, 'Secret' research - sign me up :D

Agree with the second part.

OP, do a search for 'Prop Blends' and you'll find more than enough educated opinion and fact - one from user 1fast400 who makes supplements, and should be the final word on the subject. It's all been said and just creates a bunch of pissed off people on both sides every time.
Love this guy...have to find this fast400 person

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have details of one company "ripping off" someone else's formula?
A few companies have ripped off OG Alphamine, and one even called it Alphalean.

It does happen, but it is rare for entire formulas to be ripped off. Novel ingredients however are ripped off almost instantaneously.

I support prop blending novel ingredients because so many formulators have NO idea what HED dosing is, and it is funny to watch them dose EXACTLY as what you find in rodent studies

Reactions: Nac
double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I truly believe if you are the first to market to truly have something of a "miracle", then you shouldn't worry.