Creatine Vs Blended Creatine - Can't Get It Right!

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The research on Creatine doses/variants on the net seems not to be to clear.
I cannot seem to find a well researched article and a study that showed results.
I read some other threads on AnabolicMinds and seems to be a lot of "bs. posters"

My main question, does one go with a pure Creatine or for a mixed formulae that contains a blend?

These two are I have come across being the latest thing:

TransparentLabs - Creatine HMB
www.transparentlabs.com/products/strengthseries-creapure-hmb-creatine-supplement
This seems to combine Creapure (German pure, no Chinese crap)
From there information it seems very legit and was thinking purchasing as my next supplement.

But then I'm divided after seeing this new MuscleTech SX7, which contains a blended Creatine
Cell-Tech SX-7 Revolution | MuscleTech
4 Creatines in one.

So what are peoples thoughts on this? is there any research out there that proves having a combination
of Creatine will do better?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A blend of creatine is fine, assuming it is dosed properly (sufficient dose and effective forms). Creatine monohydrate is the most researched and pretty much the "standard" other creatine forms are compared to. Creatine HCL seems to be good as well, although it is more expensive and you still need to take a sufficient dose of it (not that 500mg BS or whatever some companies used to say about it). MCC (magnesium creatine chelate) also has some promising research, and creatine anhydrous should logically work too. The creatine form is really avoid is CEE (creatine ethyl ester), as it has been shown to be less effective than monohydrate in numerous occasions.

Basically, any effective form/dose of creatine should work, be it just monohydrate, or a combination of monohydrate, anhydrous, HCL, and MCC. Some people claim to notice less bloating with other forms besides monohydrate, but it seems creatine bloat is often overstated.

I hope that helps.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would say, forget the blend and all that BS. Just go with Creapure Creatine Mono and you're good. Why spend your hard earned money in other forms for Creatine when you can buy it cheap and that's proven to be the most effective.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Give the basic creapure a try. Most people get a bunch of hate if they try anything else lol.

I personally take Hcl myself, as I bloat no matter how much water I drink while taking creapure. I still tell other people to take monohydrate.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I'd say that as long as you don't bloat badly, Creapure will be equally effective and way more cost effective.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply, I get the cost part, but any research at all to show blend is more effective? Lets say money no option.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
No real evidence. As far as I know, creapure is the most proven out of any form of creatine actually.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply, I get the cost part, but any research at all to show blend is more effective? Lets say money no option.
Not really more effective as in will produce more strength/size gains, only that other forms may produce less "bloat" or water retention (which is largely intramuscular, or "good") than monohydrate, which may or may not be an issue for you. Actual ergogenic effects should be VERY similar, and studies seem to support this.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No real evidence. As far as I know, creapure is the most proven out of any form of creatine actually.
Thoughso, im surprised why on different product labels it mentions a different way to take it, some have loading phase, some say before and some say after. Etc

So it makes me wonder the industry as a whole still not confident..

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thoughso, im surprised why on different product labels it mentions a different way to take it, some have loading phase, some say before and some say after. Etc

Loading will help you reach saturation faster, but you will reach it either way in a reasonable period of time either way, and loading may be more likely to cause an upset stomach or something like that. Simply getting your daily creatine is the most important thing; you don't have to make it rocket science.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loading will help you reach saturation faster, but you will reach it either way in a reasonable period of time either way, and loading may be more likely to cause an upset stomach or something like that. Simply getting your daily creatine is the most important thing; you don't have to make it rocket science.
Cheers dude, I get what you mean.. I only started to question Creatine again after all these blends started coming out and the hype over them. When really no one has any solid proof, bodybuilding.com etc tons of fake reviews. I think I just stick with Creapure.

pS. whats the optimum daily dosage of Creatine consume?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Creatine has to be your staple. Agree with Clipper83. Don't have to do a loading phase. It may upset your stomach. I have tried it (and it wasn't a good feeling) and then just got back to 5gms daily.

I'd say post workout is the best time to replenish your ATP levels post workout.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would say, forget the blend and all that BS. Just go with Creapure Creatine Mono and you're good. Why spend your hard earned money in other forms for Creatine when you can buy it cheap and that's proven to be the most effective.
this is my view too

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers dude, I get what you mean.. I only started to question Creatine again after all these blends started coming out and the hype over them. When really no one has any solid proof, bodybuilding.com etc tons of fake reviews. I think I just stick with Creapure.

pS. whats the optimum daily dosage of Creatine consume?
3-5g per day should be plenty for monohydrate or most blends. Simple is good haha,

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Timing doesn't really matter once it reaches complete saturation. That said, main argument for post is that insulin spikes post workout increase nutrient (and creatine) uptake.

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
I was told not to use creatine when my main focus is cutting weight, due to water retention. Any truth to this? Will it have any effect on my progress?

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I was told not to use creatine when my main focus is cutting weight, due to water retention. Any truth to this? Will it have any effect on my progress?
If you're focused on actual weight for a competition of sorts, yes, that is accurate. As mentioned above, Creatine causes intramuscular water retention, which is a good thing if you're trying to gain size/strength but not so much if you're trying to make a certain weight class.

If you're trying to cut/lose fat, I'd argue creatine plays a large role in muscle preservation. Any residual bloat will be just water.

As for the progress question, you'll need to wait until your muscles become saturated with creatine to reap the benefits.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's often overstated. Are you planning on actually stepping on stage or doing photoshoot in extremely lean condition? I suppose you could drop more weight if you hold less water, but unless you need to make weight for something, scale weight isn't all that vital IMO.

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
It's often overstated. Are you planning on actually stepping on stage or doing photoshoot in extremely lean condition? I suppose you could drop more weight if you hold less water, but unless you need to make weight for something, scale weight isn't all that vital IMO.
I have no idea what the future holds, but my plans now don't include competition or photo shoots. I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can as quickly as possible at the moment, then start bulking and cutting to lean out more. The guy who told me not to do creatine is an IFBB competitor, but I'm thinking that because he's not had to deal with weight loss in the same manner I am, that his view may be skewed.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just stay with regular creatine monohydrate....it's cheap, effective, and dosing is easy.........creatine monohydrate will allow you to reach 100% saturation so all these other fancy creatines may be faster or whatever but 100% is 100% regardless

plus you won't have the headache of worrying about dosing and all that other nonsense

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no idea what the future holds, but my plans now don't include competition or photo shoots. I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can as quickly as possible at the moment, then start bulking and cutting to lean out more. The guy who told me not to do creatine is an IFBB competitor, but I'm thinking that because he's not had to deal with weight loss in the same manner I am, that his view may be skewed.
If you're just doing a general cut to shed some fat, I would keep the creatine personally. The benefits on strength and whatnot can help keep your lifts and performance up during the cut. Yeah, you may drop a few pounds more by dropping the creatine, but it wouldn't be fat you'd be losing (it'd just be water), and it'd come right back as soon as you reintroduced creatine anyway.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you're just doing a general cut to shed some fat, I would keep the creatine personally. The benefits on strength and whatnot can help keep your lifts and performance up during the cut. Yeah, you may drop a few pounds more by dropping the creatine, but it wouldn't be fat you'd be losing (it'd just be water), and it'd come right back as soon as you reintroduced creatine anyway.
Plus the whole water-weight thing is vastly overstated. I think a lot of people just are unrealistic about where they are in bf% - easier to blame the creatine!

aflexaholic

aflexaholic

Board Sponsor
Awards
The research on Creatine doses/variants on the net seems not to be to clear.
I cannot seem to find a well researched article and a study that showed results.
I read some other threads on AnabolicMinds and seems to be a lot of "bs. posters"

My main question, does one go with a pure Creatine or for a mixed formulae that contains a blend?

These two are I have come across being the latest thing:

TransparentLabs - Creatine HMB
www.transparentlabs.com/products/strengthseries-creapure-hmb-creatine-supplement
This seems to combine Creapure (German pure, no Chinese crap)
From there information it seems very legit and was thinking purchasing as my next supplement.

But then I'm divided after seeing this new MuscleTech SX7, which contains a blended Creatine
Cell-Tech SX-7 Revolution | MuscleTech
4 Creatines in one.

So what are peoples thoughts on this? is there any research out there that proves having a combination
of Creatine will do better?
I'd suggest the following...

Month 1: Creatine Monohydrate - It will cost you the least so your risk is low
Month 2: Creatine HCL - one step up in cost but still cheap
Month 3: CMC or Creatine Gluconate and see if you feel a difference from the newer versions of creatine
Month 4: Try a blend or decide what was the best for you and stick with that.

Personally I use creatine monohydrate first thing in the morning and then creatine gluconate pre and post workout. After a decade of taking creatine this has been the most consistent for me.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I must also agree that just stick to the basics and do creatine monohydrate. Best research behind it to support it.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Plus the whole water-weight thing is vastly overstated. I think a lot of people just are unrealistic about where they are in bf% - easier to blame the creatine!
I get really bloated in the lower stomach from creatine mono. Happens every time I take it I've old pics ya can see the difference when I'm taking it and when I'm not. Pity as it really works for me I look far fuller and bigger. I don't load it so takes about 3 weeks and below my belly button swells out it's weird looking, I stop taking it and it goes away in a few days.

Tried kre-alkalyn but it didn't do anything for me, no bloat but also no strength gains or muscle fullness.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good information in here. If you're on a budget, stick with regular creatine mono. You can buy it in bulk from NP, SP, My Protein, SNS, ON, and the list goes on. I personally use creatine year round, I do not get bloating from it. Blends are great too, but as stated above, stay away from CEE.

I would also look into ergogenic aids, that contain creatine or a creatine blend, because those products contain ingredients that work well with creatine to aid in hydration, recovery, performance, and even body composition. Some of those products are:

PowerMax XT
Modern Creatine
Ergonine