Any supplements that deplete choline that are not nootropics

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you have a reason you would like to share as to why you want to do this?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've covered this in most of your threads regarding getting some help for your prolonged depression, so won't go there again, but remains a point.

There isn't anything designed to lower choline as you typically do not want to do this and if eggs are a cause, well, you know what you should really do. Promethazine and any antihistamine will tend to lower choline.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've covered this in most of your threads regarding getting some help for your prolonged depression, so won't go there again, but remains a point.

There isn't anything designed to lower choline as you typically do not want to do this and if eggs are a cause, well, you know what you should really do. Promethazine and any antihistamine will tend to lower choline.
This. If eating eggs is making OP depressed, I'd suggest considering seeking some help and/or at least also doing something beyond trying to essentially "self-medicate" in an attempt to "balance" neurotransmitters (not that OP isn't doing anything else, I just don't know).

TL;DR: It seems extremely improbable that your depression is being caused by high acetylcholine levels (although it seems like you're only saying that you think it's exacerbating the depression), but it seems like trying to treat the root cause would ultimately be more effective than focusing on relatively smaller things like this that may almost be akin to plugging up a pinpoint hole in the wall when half of the roof is gone, just not the most effective use of time/effort to get this situation sorted out.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This. If eating eggs is making OP depressed, I'd suggest considering seeking some help and/or at least also doing something beyond trying to essentially "self-medicate" in an attempt to "balance" neurotransmitters (not that OP isn't doing anything else, I just don't know).

TL;DR: It seems extremely improbable that your depression is being caused by high acetylcholine levels (although it seems like you're only saying that you think it's exacerbating the depression), but it seems like trying to treat the root cause would ultimately be more effective than focusing on relatively smaller things like this that may almost be akin to plugging up a pinpoint hole in the wall when half of the roof is gone, just not the most effective use of time/effort to get this situation sorted out.
when the TLDR is longer then the main post....
sorry i had to :p

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when the TLDR is longer then the main post....
sorry i had to :p
Haha, I deserved that. I got carried away with my TL;DR but figured oh well. Maybe I need a TL;DRTLDR? I think my TL;DR may summarize the general advice that is likely to be given ITT more than just summarizing my post though.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually found out after how to lower choline after I posted it. It worked.
You resolved your depression in less than 24 hours by lowering choline levels? Not to sound critical, but how could you conclude something like this so quickly? It hasn't even been a day yet.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most of my diet is high in choline. Anything that raises choline makes me more depressed. One of my favorite things to eat is eggs. The more I eat eggs, the sadder I feel. I don't want to change my diet, as I eat very clean. I take a lot if fish oil also. I tried uridine and I finally was putting some things together. Uridine raises choline levels.
If this is your issue, change your diet. That would decrease your choline intake

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You resolved your depression in less than 24 hours by lowering choline levels? Not to sound critical, but how could you conclude something like this so quickly? It hasn't even been a day yet.
I just don't think she wants to carry this on.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha a drug that depletes choline sounds awesome.

Possible side effects: Dementia. Who wouldn't want