psychedelics pump and strength

trippytriceps

trippytriceps

Awards
In 1976 doc Ellis pitched a no hitter while tripping lsd. I've been experimenting with this and added 6 reps to my bench and 8 reps to skull crushers while tripping. Anyone have similar experiences?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In 1976 doc Ellis pitched a no hitter while tripping lsd. I've been experimenting with this and added 6 reps to my bench and 8 reps to skull crushers while tripping. Anyone have similar experiences?
Strong first post and username to post content. In how long did you notice these "added reps?" Also, are you sure you actually did complete reps with the proper weight during your trip?

S

smoothassilk

Awards
So many ways I feel this could go wrong, but I do know of a few people at my gym who've microdosed with LSD. They didn't report any strength benefits, just slight motivation and this "floaty weightless" feeling that made working out much more fun for them. Don't wanna make comparisons between this and regular, much less potent supplements, but high doses of PEA powder gave this weightless euphoria feeling if that's what you're looking for. And it's much cheaper

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Microdosing LSD has been a thing for a while now. Not sure of any strength gains, but as a cognitive tool there are several reports to back it up. 10 micrograms every 3 - 4 days seems to be the most common dosing.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Be careful men, LSD is a gateway drug to stuff like BCAAs and multis.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Were you micro dosing? I couldn't imagine takeing 200mics then going to the gym I wouldn't be doing much weight lifting more talking and laughing, sh1t I'd be done BG what most other people do at the gym!

trippytriceps

trippytriceps

Awards
Yes I had a lifting partner who was sober spotting me. I also started very light to be "safe". To be fair I have been lifting weights for 10 years and tried lsd multiple times. I am I interested in the effects of psychedelics while weight training. I feel it is a completely unexplored area (not to be tried by anyone who has not been lifting seriously for a few years and only those who already have experience with psychedelics. I only bring this up because multiple times now I have blown away previous PRs while tripping and having a great time while doing it. I AM NOT recommending this just curious if others have experienced the same. Also the pump was incredible

trippytriceps

trippytriceps

Awards
250mics or 2 tabs at first again It's not my first time doing this and to be fair I tried to have a friend join me the second time but he didn't even make it to the gym, just stayed at my place on the couch the whole time

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
250mics or 2 tabs at first again It's not my first time doing this and to be fair I tried to have a friend join me the second time but he didn't even make it to the gym, just stayed at my place on the couch the whole time
Fair play to you bro! I used to take a lot of acid but never though of lifting while on it! Strange you make this thread, I always used to have a go on a skate board when tripping balls and seemed to be able to keep myself on it but sober I have no chance in hell on getting on one!

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Microdosing has been a thing for many years, but is gaining popularity again with brain hacking being a growing area of interest. I've taken acid ~100 times ranging in doses and I can say that I absolutely could see a micro dose helping strength in the gym. You don't hallucinate at all, but you feel godly and unstoppable with a mind set that makes you feel like you want to take on everything. I obviously would not condone this as I don't think lifting weights with any altered mind set is advisable, but I could see the interest.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Microdosing has been a thing for many years, but is gaining popularity again with brain hacking being a growing area of interest. I've taken acid ~100 times ranging in doses and I can say that I absolutely could see a micro dose helping strength in the gym. You don't hallucinate at all, but you feel godly and unstoppable with a mind set that makes you feel like you want to take on everything. I obviously would not condone this as I don't think lifting weights with any altered mind set is advisable, but I could see the interest.
Stimulants alter the mind set, nootropics alter the mind set, steroids alter the mind set.......

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stimulants alter the mind set, nootropics alter the mind set, steroids alter the mind set.......
Haha, there is a pretty significant distinction between an "altered" mindset from stimulants/nootropics/anabolics and an altered mindset from hallucinogenic drugs.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I heard ppl do coke before sessions, I also heard about fighters do coke before fights back in the day...

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Haha, there is a pretty significant distinction between an "altered" mindset from stimulants/nootropics/anabolics and an altered mindset from hallucinogenic drugs.
There is no hallucinating when micro dosing. Have you ever done it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no hallucinating when micro dosing. Have you ever done it?
That wasn't my point. My point is that hallucinogenic drugs provide an "altered mindset" in a different way than caffeine or choline/racetams do; comparing them 1:1 as having the potential to "alter mindset" isn't exactly accurate, and much greater caution and care should be taken when using any hallucinogen, even if you are microdosing. The potential for abuse and/or mistakes is definitely higher with hallucinogenic drugs than stimulant/nootropic supplements. That is all I am saying, that just because two things "alter" mindset doesn't mean they are the same, equal, or carry the same potential risks.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
That wasn't my point. My point is that hallucinogenic drugs provide an "altered mindset" in a different way than caffeine or choline/racetams do; comparing them 1:1 as having the potential to "alter mindset" isn't exactly accurate, and much greater caution and care should be taken when using any hallucinogen, even if you are microdosing. The potential for abuse and/or mistakes is definitely higher with hallucinogenic drugs than stimulant/nootropic supplements. That is all I am saying, that just because two things "alter" mindset doesn't mean they are the same, equal, or carry the same potential risks.
I completely disagree. I didn't compare them 1:1 if you look back I said they "alter the mindset" steroids, nootropic, stims, hallucinogens, all in different ways. Yeah easy to make mistakes if you don't know what you're doing just like all the latter BUT stimulants are BY FAR more abused than LSD, people who use it respect or get stung it's that simple. No like I also said about I wouldn't take 200mics and go to the gym, that would be out of my range but from someone who has micro doses in the past, I got a boosted confidence, witty, energy and social skills were through the roof, no stims, noots or roids at this point, no tripping and no come down.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I completely disagree. I didn't compare them 1:1 if you look back I said they "alter the mindset" steroids, nootropic, stims, hallucinogens, all in different ways. Yeah easy to make mistakes if you don't know what you're doing just like all the latter BUT stimulants are BY FAR more abused than LSD, people who use it respect or get stung it's that simple. No like I also said about I wouldn't take 200mics and go to the gym, that would be out of my range but from someone who has micro doses in the past, I got a boosted confidence, witty, energy and social skills were through the roof, no stims, noots or roids at this point, no tripping and no come down.
What was the point in saying that things like stimulants alter the mindset then? Just to point out a technically correct fact? Yes, stimulants are abused by more people, but perhaps that's just because so so so many more people use stimulants than LSD. I don't want someone reading these posts and thinking that LSD and other hallucinogens are similar to caffeine/nootropics in regards to how they alter mindset and the ways they do it, or even the potential degree to which they can do this, especially if used irresponsibly (without care, too much, or too frequently).

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, thank you for bringing some common sense here.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
What was the point in saying that things like stimulants alter the mindset then? Just to point out a technically correct fact? Yes, stimulants are abused by more people, but perhaps that's just because so so so many more people use stimulants than LSD. I don't want someone reading these posts and thinking that LSD and other hallucinogens are similar to caffeine/nootropics in regards to how they alter mindset and the ways they do it, or even the potential degree to which they can do this, especially if used irresponsibly (without care, too much, or too frequently).
Because they do alter your mind set..... Look you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Not once have I said lsd is ANYTHING like the other 3 apart from the fact the affect your mind, not in the same way atall but then all 4 affect it differently anyway. In no way am I saying people should try it. I was saying it can be done and I've in fact tried micro dosing. I'm not trying to argue saying LSD is better, I wouldn't even use it anymore haha but then you can't say if someone done a huge dose of DMAA or DMHA and went to gym it would be any better.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, you could say that exact thing. This is an apples to oranges conversation to be honest. I respect your take on micro dosing, but I cannot get behind the comparisons you are making.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because they do alter your mind set..... Look you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. Not once have I said lsd is ANYTHING like the other 3 apart from the fact the affect your mind, not in the same way atall but then all 4 affect it differently anyway. In no way am I saying people should try it. I was saying it can be done and I've in fact tried micro dosing. I'm not trying to argue saying LSD is better, I wouldn't even use it anymore haha but then you can't say if someone done a huge dose of DMAA or DMHA and went to gym it would be any better.
Most DMAA is contained in a product with clear directions and other ingredients. I don't know of many people going around using standalone/bulk DMAA.

Also, more importantly, what you are doing is akin to someone saying "sugar/caffeine/etc is addicting too" when discussing the addictive potential of cocaine. Yeah, these other things mentioned may have some minor dependence potential, but it's nowhere near the same realm as cocaine, and even mentioning it in the same discussion is nonsensical and contributes nothing besides potential confusion to the conversation.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
What? I didn't mention addiction??? Stimulants effect the mind, fact. Google it or in fact use the forum and look for reviews, you will see people mentioning the euphoric or whacked out feeling, increased focus, increased alertness etc. If this isn't an altered mind, what is?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What? I didn't mention addiction??? Stimulants effect the mind, fact. Google it or in fact use the forum and look for reviews, you will see people mentioning the euphoric or whacked out feeling, increased focus, increased alertness etc. If this isn't an altered mind, what is?
Again, you miss my point. That was an analogy, intended to illustrate what you are doing, that sometimes saying something that is "technically correct" doesn't mean it's actually applicable to the discussion/topic at hand. Do you really think I don't know that stimulants effect the mind? It's just not even close to the same thing as hallucinogenic drugs, just as the addictive potential of caffeine is nowhere near that of cocaine, so why even mention that it does have "addictive/dependent" potential? It's an analogy...

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I get the analogy but it's a bit of a tangent. I agreed with you on that point. We're going round in circles. Does stims alter the mind, yes. Do hallucinagens alter the mind, yes. Are they completely different, yes. Do they both have positives and negatives, yes. I'm done arguing with something we're actually agreeing on.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn - I like taking a microdose now and again but I've never done any exercise while on it....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get the analogy but it's a bit of a tangent. I agreed with you on that point. We're going round in circles. Does stims alter the mind, yes. Do hallucinagens alter the mind, yes. Are they completely different, yes. Do they both have positives and negatives, yes. I'm done arguing with something we're actually agreeing on.
Yeah, no sense beating a dead horse, I just wanted to make it explicitly clear to anyone who may be reading this that even if caffeine and hallucinogens both effect the mind, the degree to which they do this can be significantly different, as can the methods by which they do it and the potential for abuse. LSD definitely needs to be used much more cautiously than caffeine, of course.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, no sense beating a dead horse, I just wanted to make it explicitly clear to anyone who may be reading this that even if caffeine and hallucinogens both effect the mind, the degree to which they do this can be significantly different, as can the methods by which they do it and the potential for abuse. LSD definitely needs to be used much more cautiously than caffeine, of course.
Agreed

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Blue Mexicans or Hawaiian devils are my faves!! Liberty caps grow round here come October time, me and my partner go picking most years haha

H

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Microdosing is a great replacement for coffee to go about your day for work and lifting. I like 5ug intranasally personally (I made a nasal spray, each squirt is 2.5ug).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Microdosing is a great replacement for coffee to go about your day for work and lifting. I like 5ug intranasally personally (I made a nasal spray, each squirt is 2.5ug).
Not on a daily basis I'd hope. I can completely see the appeal of microdosing, but I don't think I can emphasize enough to anyone reading this (not saying you're saying/believing this) that coffee and LSD are entirely different beasts with entirely different potentials for risk/abuse. We are in the supplement section, so it's not like everyone reading this is inherently going to be an educated user of drugs (which LSD most certainly is), so having any amount of LSD being mentioned as a replacement for caffeine could be a bit misleading and even dangerous for a less informed user. I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record here, but I don't want people getting the wrong ideas or not giving these drugs the respect they deserve because they hear caffeine/coffee bring repeatedly mentioned in the same sentence.

S

smoothassilk

Awards
Not on a daily basis I'd hope. I can completely see the appeal of microdosing, but I don't think I can emphasize enough to anyone reading this (not saying you're saying/believing this) that coffee and LSD are entirely different beasts with entirely different potentials for risk/abuse. We are in the supplement section, so it's not like everyone reading this is inherently going to be an educated user of drugs (which LSD most certainly is), so having any amount of LSD being mentioned as a replacement for caffeine could be a bit misleading and even dangerous for a less informed user. I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record here, but I don't want people getting the wrong ideas or not giving these drugs the respect they deserve because they hear caffeine/coffee bring repeatedly mentioned in the same sentence.
Agreed completely. Microdosing has been done by many with relative benefits to them, including the inventor of it who I believed lived till 100. But as someone who was literally just an outside reader of this forum till last week, I can see how people not even knowledgable on both the nutrition and drug aspect of this can read this after a quick search and misinterpret this completely. ESPECIALLY considering how these substances and it's chemically/structurally similar cousins are being bought very easily these days as "research chemicals". It's worth being "that" guy or the "buzzkill" if it can potentially prevent the misinformed about thinking coffee and lsd are anywhere near the same power or playing field.

Slightly overdose on caffeine = minor health palpitations, warmth, maybe a tad bit anxiety
Slightly overdose on LSD = depersonalization, derealization, temporary psychosis, talking with interdimensional aliens between sets of squats :p

H

Hyperfluxe

Awards
You can't microdose every day due to tolerance, it simply doesn't work. Most take 2-3 days between, I like using it once or twice a week on days that require a large output.