Organic/natural protein powder?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For those of you that use them, which product do you prefer?

I tried only a few a most of them are undrinkable :(

Would like to find one that's organic/all natural and actually enjoyable to drink, do that even exist..?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Don't think so I've tried a good few as I'm lactose intolerant they've all been rotten.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't think so I've tried a good few as I'm lactose intolerant they've all been rotten.
Lol, I figured.

I notice a lot less bloat when I drink organic/plant base powders so I would like to find one that's not totally horrible... make you think about how much unnatural ingredients they putting in delicious powders...

aflexaholic

aflexaholic

Board Sponsor
Awards
For those of you that use them, which product do you prefer?

I tried only a few a most of them are undrinkable :(

Would like to find one that's organic/all natural and actually enjoyable to drink, do that even exist..?
In our store, we recommend Brown Rice Protein Isolate from Growing Naturals as the best plant based solution. You can probably find it online even though they have been back ordered as a company for a month. It's organic, raw, sprouted, blah blah blah :) but most important it's realistically priced unlike most plant based protein brands.

If you are going with whey just remember that the benefits of a natural pastured or grass fed cow generally are found in the fat content which most proteins eliminate. We do find though that sometimes clients with milk allergens perform better on a natural grass/pasture fed whey protein.

Hope that helps!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
San Raw Fusion is the most economical and best flavored plant based protein I have used. Also think about an Isolate which may work for you as well.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In our store, we recommend Brown Rice Protein Isolate from Growing Naturals as the best plant based solution. You can probably find it online even though they have been back ordered as a company for a month. It's organic, raw, sprouted, blah blah blah :) but most important it's realistically priced unlike most plant based protein brands.

If you are going with whey just remember that the benefits of a natural pastured or grass fed cow generally are found in the fat content which most proteins eliminate. We do find though that sometimes clients with milk allergens perform better on a natural grass/pasture fed whey protein.

Hope that helps!
You're a smart dude! I tried explaining this to a guy in my office (a guy or a "sucker") who keeps going to this local shop for Grass-Fed Whey. Save that money for grass fed meat!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Hope that helps!
Thanks!

aflexaholic

aflexaholic

Board Sponsor
Awards
You're a smart dude! I tried explaining this to a guy in my office (a guy or a "sucker") who keeps going to this local shop for Grass-Fed Whey. Save that money for grass fed meat!
Not smart, just put the pieces of the puzzle together that other smart people helped me see :). Now that being said I just ordered Grass Fed Whey to sell unflavored to some of our clients but the cost was only .80 cents more per lb for grass fed than non. Marketers have drastically increased the price for no real reason.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Orgain is the only organic powder I've tried and it's decent. Not particularly flavorful but the texture is very smooth.

For non-organic plant based protein powders I'd go with PES Wild Berry Vegan Select or the Peanut Butter Delight. SAN rawfusion is ok.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vega protein and greens is pretty good, imo. You can make some wicked ice cream out of it, almond milk, and cocoa powder.