Will D-Aspartic Acid increase total T, as well as Free T?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so basically if you guys read my other threads, I'm going to be going on Ostarine for a cycle, or two to help my joint problems more so than to help me build muscle(even though second cycle I will use it for that). I wanted something to take PCT with a SERM and I wanted something I can take daily to give my natural levels a push. I'd like my total T to be within the 600s and my Free T to come up to an optimal normal before and after my cycle. My total T hovers just under 500 around 470 and my Free T is usually 93.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, so basically if you guys read my other threads, I'm going to be going on Ostarine for a cycle, or two to help my joint problems more so than to help me build muscle(even though second cycle I will use it for that). I wanted something to take PCT with a SERM and I wanted something I can take daily to give my natural levels a push. I'd like my total T to be within the 600s and my Free T to come up to an optimal normal before and after my cycle. My total T hovers just under 500 around 470 and my Free T is usually 93.
DAA is no bueno imo. Look into Kingsblood. It pushed my normally healthy natural T levels from around 785 to 920. I tested after being off of it for almost a month.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAA is no bueno imo. Look into Kingsblood. It pushed my normally healthy natural T levels from around 785 to 920. I tested after being off of it for almost a month.
Does it have longjack in it? Last time I had longjack it made my face feel like it was on fire. I heard longjack raises blood pressure and I assume that's what happened.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything specifically to help free test?
Screenshot_20170724-135838.png
these are my bloods. I need it bad

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it have longjack in it? Last time I had longjack it made my face feel like it was on fire. I heard longjack raises blood pressure and I assume that's what happened.
Yes, it has Eurygold which is a patented extract of LJ. You might not have that reaction to this extract. I certainly didn't.

IMG_0853.PNG

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I have to point out even though I don't see it in that formula; I think I'm allergic to stinging nettle. I saw the doctor today and she had me get generic Zyrtec. I've been dealing with bad sinuses. I took the allergy med and later on I took stinging nettle. Well, I noticed right after I took stinging nettle that my breathing got worse as in really heavy. Also, when I took longjack I was taking 2 caps of LJ100.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
DAA was actually proven to decrease test levels in healthy men when taken at 6g a day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Taking anything with a SERM for Test levels, is like throwing a match into a raging California Wild-Fire (or maybe even some water, LOL). Save your money unless you are maybe an un-trained, hypogonadal, 70 year old, and maybe have oligospermia/azoospermia - for 12 days. A study in young athletes showed a decrease (Willoughby IIRC).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ This. As long as you have a serm (Nolva or Clomid) you should be good to go. Everything is really optional in pct in my opinon.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've been inactive on the forums for a long time....

When I came back, I couldn't be more surprised to see everyone's feedback on DAA. Granted, I've never run it and then followed up with a drug test - but for me using DAA was one of the only test boosters where I actually felt an increase in libido and felt like I was getting "results" from.

Anybody have any explanation? I've been recommending DAA to folks based on my use of it, and I've had others give me positive feedback also. My brother loves the stuff too...The only negative I've noticed is that I do get pretty rough GI side effects....

aflexaholic

aflexaholic

Board Sponsor
Awards

When I came back, I couldn't be more surprised to see everyone's feedback on DAA. Granted, I've never run it and then followed up with a drug test - but for me using DAA was one of the only test boosters where I actually felt an increase in libido and felt like I was getting "results" from.

Anybody have any explanation? I've been recommending DAA to folks based on my use of it, and I've had others give me positive feedback also. My brother loves the stuff too...The only negative I've noticed is that I do get pretty rough GI side effects....
My experience with clients didn't show a whole lot of benefits to the standard DAA but when DAA Chelate was available it was impossible not to recognize the muscle growth and attribute it to the DAA. So the 6 gram decrease in test study came as a surprise. It could be increasing muscle growth in another way though...

Either way, plenty of other options out there besides DAA.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I have blood test showing lower test levels on DAA. Placebo effect is strong sometimes...

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Strange - I've used plenty of other test boosters and never gave them a second shot. I've used DAA a number of times, always liked it (aside from the GI stuff). You can't argue blood tests, I guess

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This forum is full of sheep, 90% don't really think for themselves and just parrot the majority opinion. A bunch started saying it did nothing because of one study and then all the sheep jumped on board.

If you like it keep using it, its really cheap anyway and like you i have also recommended it to lots of people many with positive results, to combat to GI sides just have it with food. (will add though i never ever did the loading phase of 6g/day)

I have blood test showing lower test levels on DAA. Placebo effect is strong sometimes...
I have blood tests showing significantly higher test levels on DAA. Real life results are strong sometimes...

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This forum is full of sheep, 90% don't really think for themselves and just parrot the majority opinion. A bunch started saying it did nothing because of one study and then all the sheep jumped on board.

If you like it keep using it, its really cheap anyway and like you i have also recommended it to lots of people many with positive results, to combat to GI sides just have it with food. (will add though i never ever did the loading phase of 6g/day)

I have blood tests showing significantly higher test levels on DAA. Real life results are strong sometimes...
I've never even used above 3.5g. Not sure I'd want to either! I noticed that (for whatever reason) the tablets aren't as hard on my GI system as the powder is

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The inventors of it (PharmaGuidia, Italy) don't even sell the TM'd version (DADAVITTM) any more, used in the 2009 Topo study on grandpas. "Hey, this works great! Lets not sell any more" LOL. At least you're only wasting under a buck a day... in my opinion of course.

gigante35

gigante35

Awards
  • Established
I run dpol purus labs and after finished it drawn blood and test went from 850 to 600 . Pure sh.. are daa.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking anything with a SERM for Test levels, is like throwing a match into a raging California Wild-Fire (or maybe even some water, LOL). Save your money unless you are maybe an un-trained, hypogonadal, 70 year old, and maybe have oligospermia/azoospermia - for 12 days. A study in young athletes showed a decrease (Willoughby IIRC).
Fair enough, but I still want something after cycle to keep, or push my levels towards optimal. What about a mild AI and anti-cortisol(mine was 29 last test!), like 7,8 Benzoflavone. I was looking at Barlowe's 7,8 Benzoflavone Complex. Ingredients:
7,8 Benzoflavone 100mg (99% by HPLC), Trans Resveratrol 100mg (98% by HPLC), Phophatidylserine 290mg(70% by HPLC), Piperine 10mg(95% by HPLC), Plant Cellulose (HPMC) from VegiCaps

Oh, also my estradiol hovers around 28. Well, 28-38.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established

DAA increases libido but has been proven to do nothing to (some cases decrease) test.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, but I still want something after cycle to keep, or push my levels towards optimal. What about a mild AI and anti-cortisol(mine was 29 last test!), like 7,8 Benzoflavone. I was looking at Barlowe's 7,8 Benzoflavone Complex. Ingredients:
7,8 Benzoflavone 100mg (99% by HPLC), Trans Resveratrol 100mg (98% by HPLC), Phophatidylserine 290mg(70% by HPLC), Piperine 10mg(95% by HPLC), Plant Cellulose (HPMC) from VegiCaps

Oh, also my estradiol hovers around 28. Well, 28-38.
Use your Serm.. and get some ashwaghanda. You'll be fine.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Use your Serm.. and get some ashwaghanda. You'll be fine.
How do you dose the Ashwaghanda? I've used it before but didn't notice a whole lot, maybe I was underdosing

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
How do you dose the Ashwaghanda? I've used it before but didn't notice a whole lot, maybe I was underdosing
I've read a bunch of different stuff but I take 450mg (1 cap) before bed. Haven't gotten bloods done since I've started it but my boys have seemed fuller and hang a bit lower.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600mg/day of a 5% withanolide extract is the "gold standard" dose used in many studies. However, that's 5% HPLC, not Gravimetry/Titration, which many cheaper extracts use that give inflated withanolide readings; you may only be getting 1/2 the active as you think you are. Go with something like KSM-66 or Sensoril, which are properly standardized. They're actually quite affordable; I like Jarrow KSM-66. 2 caps per day, I take both in the evening/night.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thats about where I dosed also and didn't notice much. Maybe I'll give it another go

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I pretty much needs something to obliterate my cortisol. I have used L-Theanine, Rhodiola, Reduce XT and KSM-66. The most that they work for me is a few weeks(usually 3) then they only work a little bit. That is why I was looking into some sort of AI that will lower cortisol and lower estrogen by about half but no more. I want to get my test levels up naturally before my ostarine cycle, so suppression won't suck as bad and then I want to take something daily after I am done the SERM cycle, in order to keep me at optimal. Cortisol at 29 is definitely a problem and estrogen at 28 can be lowered.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Did you use KSM-66 or Sensoril, or did the product specify HPLC standardization on the label or on the website, etc.?
I didn't, I used a brand someone had recommended to me. They didn't have any specifications really other than saying it was 500mg/capsule

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

There's more than one study showing that it is not beneficial for healthy young individuals. Once showed potentially decreased T, and another simply noted no benefits. The initial "promising" studies were in subjects with low T, a population where DAA may still be effective for. It's irresponsible to inherently extrapolate the results in one population to another, especially when there are actually studies on the target population. Regarding the blood work, I'm sure you controlled every variable in your n=1 test.

I fail to see how updating our opinions based on emerging research, actual studies, makes us "sheep." If anything, sheep would have stuck with the belief that DAA worked despite the new studies because the popular opinion was that it worked, and people selling it obviously said it worked. New studies came out in a more relevant population for a lot of us (people with normal T), so we no longer need to extrapolate the effects from a low-T population.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Last few things I read states that it really has no effect on test. I would look at one other complexes that are sold. Mind and muscle has OL and Rise and Swell. Mr Supps has testfusion which is currently on sale. Look around and you will find some better choices that DAA.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Last few things I read states that it really has no effect on test. I would look at one other complexes that are sold. Mind and muscle has OL and Rise and Swell. Mr Supps has testfusion which is currently on sale. Look around and you will find some better choices that DAA.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used Sodium D aspartic acid, back from 2011 to 2012 for eleven months without a break . Ive used it a month here or there, since, or two weeks.

Before I was put on testosterone replacement , my endo didnt want me to test on Daa, so i came off, two weeks before the test the first time and two weeks the second time. My test was low in the 200's. Two weeks after stopping daa, my test was up to 300, then the second time, two weeks after discontinuing daa, total test was 315. This is the highest My total test tested and this was two weeks after discontinuing Daa. Unfortunately Ive never been tested while using Daa. From my tests it appears it works. After I stopped Daa, my test went back down to low 200's and I was put on testosterone replacement. Ive used it on testosterone replacement and it causes the boys to get bigger. Never had any testing on it though

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure you do...
haha i don't need to prove anything to you, these aren't tests a mate of a mate had done. These are literally my blood tests, meaning the blood was drawn from me and i know what i was taking and when i was taking it.

There's more than one study showing that it is not beneficial for healthy young individuals. Once showed potentially decreased T, and another simply noted no benefits. The initial "promising" studies were in subjects with low T, a population where DAA may still be effective for. It's irresponsible to inherently extrapolate the results in one population to another, especially when there are actually studies on the target population. Regarding the blood work, I'm sure you controlled every variable in your n=1 test.

I fail to see how updating our opinions based on emerging research, actual studies, makes us "sheep." If anything, sheep would have stuck with the belief that DAA worked despite the new studies because the popular opinion was that it worked, and people selling it obviously said it worked. New studies came out in a more relevant population for a lot of us (people with normal T), so we no longer need to extrapolate the effects from a low-T population.
All of the DAA studies I have seen are extremely small sample sizes, making a recommendation and sticking to it like glue based on these small samples would be foolish, saying its useless all together would be out-right stupid, because there just isn't the clinical data to support that decision.

As i said i have personally referred a lot of people to use DAA who have had promising results, yes some of them haven't had the desired effect but i don't expect for it to work for everyone. Also I'm not trying to extrapolate my personal results to everyone but my results are what i have experienced and i have blood tests to confirm the effects as well, so yeah from my point of view the product works.

The best result i ever had come back was in combination with DIM (patented) but this result was really damn impressive, you guys use a different scale to measuring testosterone over there but the level came back over 44 (which i think is over 1250 in your units), I have had i think 2 other tests done on DAA which were not as impressive but still above or at the top of the reference range (~32), without anything in my system my baseline test level came back bet 24-26.

Thats my experience with DAA which has corresponding blood tests showing the results, I am in no way suggesting it will work for everyone, but im saying to not consider it entirely based on a couple of very small sample size studies given the cost to try it yourself would be foolish. I mean hey even here in Australia a 10 week supply costs something like $12... and Everything is more expensive here, so its not like you need to take out a loan to try the stuff.

(Note: i only use and only recommend the use of sodium-DAA as well)

Reactions: Nac

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why would anyone use more than 3.12 grams of DAA. Also calcium chelate version is what you want not the original crap. It may not effect men with healthy levels however it may very positively effect men who have T on the low side

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha i don't need to prove anything to you, these aren't tests a mate of a mate had done. These are literally my blood tests, meaning the blood was drawn from me and i know what i was taking and when i was taking it.

All of the DAA studies I have seen are extremely small sample sizes, making a recommendation and sticking to it like glue based on these small samples would be foolish, saying its useless all together would be out-right stupid, because there just isn't the clinical data to support that decision.

As i said i have personally referred a lot of people to use DAA who have had promising results, yes some of them haven't had the desired effect but i don't expect for it to work for everyone. Also I'm not trying to extrapolate my personal results to everyone but my results are what i have experienced and i have blood tests to confirm the effects as well, so yeah from my point of view the product works.

The best result i ever had come back was in combination with DIM (patented) but this result was really damn impressive, you guys use a different scale to measuring testosterone over there but the level came back over 44 (which i think is over 1250 in your units), I have had i think 2 other tests done on DAA which were not as impressive but still above or at the top of the reference range (~32), without anything in my system my baseline test level came back bet 24-26.

Thats my experience with DAA which has corresponding blood tests showing the results, I am in no way suggesting it will work for everyone, but im saying to not consider it entirely based on a couple of very small sample size studies given the cost to try it yourself would be foolish. I mean hey even here in Australia a 10 week supply costs something like $12... and Everything is more expensive here, so its not like you need to take out a loan to try the stuff.

True, the sample sizes have been small, but at least they're in a relevant population; before these studies people selling/recommending DAA would constantly reference the studies showing it increased T in people with low T, and would extrapolate it to people with normal T levels. In light of these studies, I am still much more comfortable recommending ingredients that have shown more promising results in healthy subjects, both in therms of increasing T and also other benefits (libido, body composition, performance, etc), as no natty ingredient is going to increase T to supraphysiological levels.

If DAA works for you, then by all means keep using it, it just doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the list for me, and I wouldn't personally include it in a formula/product intended for healthy young individuals.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
haha i don't need to prove anything to you, these aren't tests a mate of a mate had done. These are literally my blood tests, meaning the blood was drawn from me and i know what i was taking and when i was taking
Actually you do have to prove it, otherwise it's just something you made up since it's proven not to work... you could of course be one of those rare people it works on but the chance that you took something else that actually worked is bigger.

But hey, if you "believe" it works for you then it's all good, placebo effect is strong...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

very nice. Sodium Daa is all Ive used and had my blood tests on

Why would anyone use more than 3.12 grams of DAA. Also calcium chelate version is what you want not the original crap. It may not effect men with healthy levels however it may very positively effect men who have T on the low side
I agree , Calcium Chelate helps daa absorb better. Sodium daa seems to work well. There are guys I know who have had blood work on daa and it testosterone lowered so I think its wise to pick a brand or a certain kind, like sodium daa, and stick with that because some brands may be bunk. Its a lot of thinking to do about D aspartic acid. My blood tests seems to prove it works for me

True, the sample sizes have been small, but at least they're in a relevant population; before these studies people selling/recommending DAA would constantly reference the studies showing it increased T in people with low T, and would extrapolate it to people with normal T levels. In light of these studies, I am still much more comfortable recommending ingredients that have shown more promising results in healthy subjects, both in therms of increasing T and also other benefits (libido, body composition, performance, etc), as no natty ingredient is going to increase T to supraphysiological levels.

If DAA works for you, then by all means keep using it, it just doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the list for me, and I wouldn't personally include it in a formula/product intended for healthy young individuals.
The only way to know for sure is bloodwork. If you're a male and want testosterone optimization or testosterone is low, you can try it abd get bloods on it. The best test to get is after two weeks on it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
very nice. Sodium Daa is all Ive used and had my blood tests on

I agree , Calcium Chelate helps daa absorb better. Sodium daa seems to work well. There are guys I know who have had blood work on daa and it testosterone lowered so I think its wise to pick a brand or a certain kind, like sodium daa, and stick with that because some brands may be bunk. Its a lot of thinking to do about D aspartic acid. My blood tests seems to prove it works for me

The only way to know for sure is bloodwork. If you're a male and want testosterone optimization or testosterone is low, you can try it abd get bloods on it. The best test to get is after two weeks on it.
Bloodwork is useful, but you also have to try to control for other variables that could have a greater impact on testosterone levels than a natural test booster; taking the test at a different time of day, excessive stress caused by work/family/etc. I'm not saying that bloodwork isn't a valuable tool here, just that, for people with normal testosterone levels, all ANY natural test booster will/can do is increase test levels within the normal range, which may just be representative of natural fluctuations within the normal range. A natural test booster is not going to increase testosterone levels to supraphysiological levels, therefore many benefits of "test boosting" ingredients (libido, mood, performance, body composition, etc) for healthy individuals will actually come from other MoAs besides increasing testosterone levels per se, think of ashwagandha's role as an adaptogen, forskolin's effects on cAMP, or tongkat ali or maca's effects on libido without necessarily increasing testosterone. If you testosterone is low, then some of these ingredients may be able to bring it up into the normal range, and bloodwork would be good to check this, as going from low to normal range can certainly provide numerous benefits.

Also, to rant a little bit more, why would I really care if, hypothetically, my already normal testosterone levels were slightly increased within the normal range after 2 weeks, with this 14 day point being the "best," and anything beyond that being diminished. What benefits do you really expect from a very modest increase in already normal testosterone levels that only lasts 2 weeks? Are there any other MoAs that I can expect to derive benefits from with DAA supplementation, or are we just hoping that a minor increase in testosterone that only lasts 2 weeks will actually lead to increased body composition/strength. At least with things like ashwagandha, forskolin, etc. there are other benefits independent of the slight increases in testosterone.

Lastly, did I read correctly that you had low T? There is a much stronger argument for DAA working for people with low-T than with normal T-levels.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bloodwork is useful, but you also have to try to control for other variables that could have a greater impact on testosterone levels than a natural test booster; taking the test at a different time of day, excessive stress caused by work/family/etc. I'm not saying that bloodwork isn't a valuable tool here, just that, for people with normal testosterone levels, all ANY natural test booster will/can do is increase test levels within the normal range, which may just be representative of natural fluctuations within the normal range. A natural test booster is not going to increase testosterone levels to supraphysiological levels, therefore many benefits of "test boosting" ingredients (libido, mood, performance, body composition, etc) for healthy individuals will actually come from other MoAs besides increasing testosterone levels per se, think of ashwagandha's role as an adaptogen, forskolin's effects on cAMP, or tongkat ali or maca's effects on libido without necessarily increasing testosterone. If you testosterone is low, then some of these ingredients may be able to bring it up into the normal range, and bloodwork would be good to check this, as going from low to normal range can certainly provide numerous benefits.

Also, to rant a little bit more, why would I really care if, hypothetically, my already normal testosterone levels were slightly increased within the normal range after 2 weeks, with this 14 day point being the "best," and anything beyond that being diminished. What benefits do you really expect from a very modest increase in already normal testosterone levels that only lasts 2 weeks? Are there any other MoAs that I can expect to derive benefits from with DAA supplementation, or are we just hoping that a minor increase in testosterone that only lasts 2 weeks will actually lead to increased body composition/strength. At least with things like ashwagandha, forskolin, etc. there are other benefits independent of the slight increases in testosterone.

Lastly, did I read correctly that you had low T? There is a much stronger argument for DAA working for people with low-T than with normal T-levels.
Yes of course DAA is for people with lower or low T levels. The original tests were done after two weeks. D -AA may work for three, four , five, ten, twenty, thirty or fifty weeks like I stayed on it non stop. Repeating, the only way to tell if your brand works, is get bloodwork. If Yoda were in this thread, he would say., bloodwork will set you free. Who says that test with longer Daa wasnt good Daa? Theres a lot of questions and all good points.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes of course DAA is for people with lower or low T levels. The original tests were done after two weeks. D -AA may work for three, four , five, ten, twenty, thirty or fifty weeks like I stayed on it non stop. Repeating, the only way to tell if your brand works, is get bloodwork. If Yoda were in this thread, he would say., bloodwork will set you free. Who says that test with longer Daa wasnt good Daa? Theres a lot of questions and all good points.
Ok. I think I misunderstood your post as saying that DAA may also be useful for people with normal T levels (it's likely not, and there are much better options for this population). I suppose you could try it and get bloodwork using DAA with normal T levels, but it's likely just going to be a waste of time/money/effort. For people with low T is is a much more promising ingredient, and bloodwork would make sense, as you want to see what, if anything, can get you into that normal range, where slight fluctuations within the normal range for a healthy individual isn't really anything to write home about most of the time. If we all had to get bloodwork for every single individual ingredient we use, we'd all be trying one ingredient at a time for years, and spending a good bit of time/money/effort getting constant bloods done, as there are many ingredients people use for "test boosting" or for test-related/associated benefits (DAA, ashwagandha, forskolin, tongkat ali, shilajit, etc). With some ingredients, there is compelling/sufficient research to say that it's quite likely that the ingredient in question will provide some real benefits, meaning that it isn't "necessary" to get bloodwork if you aren't looking to remedy a particular "issue" like low-T. Take ashwagandha for example, there are a ton of studies showing that it can reliably reduce anxiety/stress/cortisol, and also other studies showing benefits in performance/body composition/cognition, etc at the same and/or similar doses, and its affordable, so it's something that makes sense to try and not really necessarily have to be depended on bloodwork to determine if it's doing anyting for you. Similarly, although it's not a test-boosting ingredient, there is so much research on creatine, that it really wouldn't make sense to have to test for anything to see if it works. Granted, some people are non-responders, but that is something you can likely perceive just by using it or not using it over time, and it's also very cheap.

Anyway, that's my latest rant, probably induced by the large amount of stimulants I recently took, and my desire to procrastinate doing actual work haha.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok. I think I misunderstood your post as saying that DAA may also be useful for people with normal T levels (it's likely not, and there are much better options for this population). I suppose you could try it and get bloodwork using DAA with normal T levels, but it's likely just going to be a waste of time/money/effort. For people with low T is is a much more promising ingredient, and bloodwork would make sense, as you want to see what, if anything, can get you into that normal range, where slight fluctuations within the normal range for a healthy individual isn't really anything to write home about most of the time. If we all had to get bloodwork for every single individual ingredient we use, we'd all be trying one ingredient at a time for years, and spending a good bit of time/money/effort getting constant bloods done, as there are many ingredients people use for "test boosting" or for test-related/associated benefits (DAA, ashwagandha, forskolin, tongkat ali, shilajit, etc). With some ingredients, there is compelling/sufficient research to say that it's quite likely that the ingredient in question will provide some real benefits, meaning that it isn't "necessary" to get bloodwork if you aren't looking to remedy a particular "issue" like low-T. Take ashwagandha for example, there are a ton of studies showing that it can reliably reduce anxiety/stress/cortisol, and also other studies showing benefits in performance/body composition/cognition, etc at the same and/or similar doses, and its affordable, so it's something that makes sense to try and not really necessarily have to be depended on bloodwork to determine if it's doing anyting for you. Similarly, although it's not a test-boosting ingredient, there is so much research on creatine, that it really wouldn't make sense to have to test for anything to see if it works. Granted, some people are non-responders, but that is something you can likely perceive just by using it or not using it over time, and it's also very cheap.

Anyway, that's my latest rant, probably induced by the large amount of stimulants I recently took, and my desire to procrastinate doing actual work haha.
haha . Im going to take a pre-working today. I like to save those stimulates for pre workout,