GDA timing??

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you think it is a waste to dose my GDA after my fasted workout? Should I wait til later in the day? I am asking since my body will be a sponge anyway after my workout in a fasted state.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Do you think it is a waste to dose my GDA after my fasted workout? Should I wait til later in the day? I am asking since my body will be a sponge anyway after my workout in a fasted state.
Wait till later in the day is what I've been told.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Definitely wasted at that time

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Waste for sure. Just use before high carbs meals, and no need to if that is postworkout meal.

A good GDA/Nutrient partitioner would make you feel hypo after fasted workout anyways. IMO

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of slinmax on the way. Would 2 caps before a high carb meal suffice and then 2 caps before bed be sufficient

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of people taking slinmax before bed on an empty stomach, wouldn't this be dangerous if it drops blood sugar while you are asleep

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What about if you're only eating ~110g of carbs per day? is this product useless?

I had an issue with an order through a retailer - they totally messed up my order and offered to "upgrade" an item they were out of stock on, they sent me assass1nate but I'm not sure its "for me" as I'm on a low-carb cut.....

anyone ever use it while going low carb? Or its a waste?

my "highest carb" meal is probably ~20-25g carbs.....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about if you're only eating ~110g of carbs per day? is this product useless?

I had an issue with an order through a retailer - they totally messed up my order and offered to "upgrade" an item they were out of stock on, they sent me assass1nate but I'm not sure its "for me" as I'm on a low-carb cut.....

anyone ever use it while going low carb? Or its a waste?

my "highest carb" meal is probably ~20-25g carbs.....
Ive dosed GDA's so many ways since 2007, ive done them four times a day, twice a day, meal, pre workout with carbs, post workout, the second meal after the postworkout, and before bed. Only use a GDA with larger carb meal. I didnt really know if I noticed any benefits of the many, many times Ive used GDA's over the years so i dropped them.. I do take alpha lopiac acid for health benefits, and my favorite NA-R-ALA, which is a super potent antioxidant, when I use these its usually before meal one, or yes post training. Some say dont use it post training because insulin is already low and you want a large spike however, maybe using a gda at this time will act like insulin and help more nutrients into the muscles , creatine, beta alanine, either way Im not really doing it for this, Im using alpha lopiac, or NA-R-Ala for the antioxidant effects and health benefits

every time I go pre contest with lots of cardio and low carb, I cut it out, insulin goes low enough on these conditions. Ive done GDa's or insulin mimetics non pre-contest on lower carbs

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
About a week in on slinmax and loving it!
Enjoying bigger meals without the usual accompanying bloat and the agmatine giving me a great pumped look and looking quite dry upon waking up.
Gonna throw in agmatine xt soon for extra pumps along with inhibit-e for extra drying out.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone do a glucose meter test with these?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About a week in on slinmax and loving it!
Enjoying bigger meals without the usual accompanying bloat and the agmatine giving me a great pumped look and looking quite dry upon waking up.
Gonna throw in agmatine xt soon for extra pumps along with inhibit-e for extra drying out.
Awesome! Do you feel like you can eat more too, for example, you don't feel full with a meal that normally would make you feel that way.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Do you feel like you can eat more too, for example, you don't feel full with a meal that normally would make you feel that way.
I can absolutely eat far more at one sitting than I'm used to, still hungry, no bloat and pumped up with all the added goodies, love this!

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone do a glucose meter test with these?
I've been using a glucose meter for years, I've tested SO many GDA's with it haha. It's quite a cheap and handy bit of kit to be honest.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using a glucose meter for years, I've tested SO many GDA's with it haha. It's quite a cheap and handy bit of kit to be honest.
I bought one to keep track of my fasting glucose. Never used a glucometer with a gda . Ive seen posts where people did, and it definitely lowered glucose. Like twenty minutes after protein and carbs mine goes up thirty five points.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought one to keep track of my fasting glucose. Never used a glucometer with a gda . Ive seen posts where people did, and it definitely lowered glucose. Like twenty minutes after protein and carbs mine goes up thirty five points.
I've used it to test lots of GDA supplements, it's a better and more accurate way to see how well they work...if at all. That's why I've used SlinMax for so long, I can feel the effects and the blood numbers work out too.