Vein Nutrition Trustim Review

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the guys at Vein for hooking me up with a tub of TruStim through a promo, much appreciated.

Taste/Mixability - Directions suggest 8-10 oz water. It mixes fine with this amount. The powder is very fine. The Summer Popsicle taste is somewhat weak. I did 1.5 scoops in 8 oz and it was still not very strong. You could definitely use less water if you wanted. The actual taste is nice, about what you'd expect except there is slight mediciney/artificial taste - nothing major.

Profile - It is just a boat load of stims and focus ingredients that hit hard. Don't let the 150mg caffeine fool you. One scoop has sizable doses of both DMHA and Eria Jarensis. Do yourself a favor and start with .5-1 scoop. It is super potent. Props for a fully disclosed profile. Only downside I see is that less than half a scoop is active ingredients. Here is the product page to check out the full list of ingredients:

https://www.veinnutrition.com/collections/all-products/products/trustim

Effects - I started out with one scoop for my first use for some cardio. The energy hit quick and was pretty smooth throughout my hour long session of HITT/abs/2 mile run. There was no crash. I had some good euphoria. Here's where it gets crazy. I was going to take 2 scoops for my second use but then I looked into the ingredients/doses further and thought it'd be prudent to just do 1.5 scoops with all that is packed in there. Boy was that a smart decision. Note, I can handle 300mg caffeine just fine, 400 will make me pretty jittery. After just 10 minutes of taking, I had a serious mood lift. My drive to the gym was very memorable - the tunnel vision was INTENSE. My eyes kept locking in on what was directly in front of me. I've experienced this before but maybe not to this extreme. About 40 minutes into my workout I specifically remember having some great euphoria. This lasted the entire 1 hour workout. I think 1.5 scoops ended up being too much for me. After my workout, my chest was telling me I was overstimmed. About 4 hours after taking while sitting at my boring job, I experienced a slight crash for about 20 minutes. I got up, walked around, and had a drink. This snapped me out of it. I'm currently using just one scoop + another 100mg caffeine or one rounded scoop. This seems to be about right for me. The energy and focus seem to be dosed evenly. One doesn't overpower the other. With a lot of supplements, you get a ton of energy and just a little focus. As you might expect, I've had some really good mind-muscle connection with this.

Value - You can get 60 scoops for $45 on their site which seems like a pretty good deal. One scoop is really potent. Pair this with some ergonenic ingredients like TruPump and you are set.

In conclusion, I was not expecting there to be such a big difference between 1 and 1.5 scoops - totally took me by surprise. This product works out great for people that like to dose their stims separately. Dosing this at .5-1 scoop makes cardio much more enjoyable. If I ever get back to doing triathlons, I'm going to make sure I have some of this stuff on hand. For someone that likes some good euphoria during my workout, this product was right up my alley. 9/10

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the incredible in depth review! So excited you enjoyed it and we definitely wanted to give you the power to adjust potency as well use the 1 and 2 punch of Stim v Pump.

We think a greater audience will enjoy having the ability to dose at will and get what they desire from these two supplements.

Log3k

Awards
I'll also add some feedback here.

Just received my Trustim today. I'm one of those people who doesn't really care about/for pumps at all (I naturally get them pretty strongly, to the point where on pull days if I take a pwo with NO boosters the pump becomes detrimental to my workout), and really like stims, so I figured this would be a good PWO for me, and is also a really good value for the amount of product you can get.

Normally I lift in the morning, but today I had to work 2 shifts and ended up lifting in between them after rushing to the post office to pick up the package. I didn't take the product until immediately after I got to the gym. It was about 30 minutes before I really started "feeling it."

I can't give a review on taste yet because I had to dry scoop it as I forgot a wide-necked bottle to mix it in.

Anyway, today was leg day. I did accessory lifts for a while until the TruStim started kicking in, at which point I began the bulk of the workout.

I have to say, the product exceeded my expectations. I took 1.5 scoops because I already have a pretty hefty DMAA tolerance (just finished my tub of God of Rage) which I assume translates to DMHA. As far as energy, it is pretty comparable to the 1.5 scoops of God of Rage I was taking (90 mg DMAA). However, I would describe it as a "cleaner" energy. God of Rage made me feel pretty aggressive. With this, I felt incredibly focused. Seriously, the focus was amazing, and I was having to force myself to wait to recover between sets as I just wanted to grind the workout out.

Like a lot of other high stim pre workouts, this also destroyed my appetite, which I personally like since I lift fasted in the morning and don't want to be hungry while lifting. However, it is the kind of appetite suppression that kills your hunger without making you unable to eat; I got my large post-workout meal down fine.

At work after my workout I was much more productive than normal, and was extremely focused. There was no crash (currently I am about 4.5 hours on from taking the product). However, the downside of this is that I am still pretty stimmed out and doubt I'll sleep well tonight. Not really an issue for me since I normally lift in the morning though.

The only downside is that I do notice a very slight headache, which I attribute to the Phenylethylamine. I've never been a fan of PEA for workouts; it doesn't do much for me at all up until about 2 grams at which point it gets me pretty damn high. It's also extremely short-lived even with the hefty dose of hordenine I've taken it with (up to 200 mg). However, it always gives me a headache afterward. So that's my only real suggestion, I don't see any need for PEA in this product.

Overall: 9.5/10, great product

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Log3k - I forgot to mention the headache I got at 1.5 scoops. It seems similar to yours. I think I felt it around around the 3 hour mark for about 30 minutes. I haven't got a headache yet at just 1 scoop.