What do you guys do with your bottles?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Realizing now that me hording all my supplements bottles is getting to take up too much space. When you guys finish your supps do you just throw these bottles out or repurpose them as something else?

Also - I know a few bottles are worth keeping since companies offer a label for product promotion. I know Xgels is one of them... is this the case with anyone else before these get thrown out?

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes my wife repurposes them. She's really into DIY stuff. Mostly I just put them in the recycle

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes I'll use a smaller bottle to hold some pills when I'm on the go or something. If I have room for It in a bag or something, I prefer it to just putting the pills in a clear plastic baggy.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I either re use them to take stuff and leave it at the gym or fill it full of tanerite.... those 5lb protein jugs make one hell of a bang:)

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They make great piggie banks
Great containers for rice, flour, sugar …………
Holding nuts and bolts

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holding nuts and bolts
This. I have a big 10lb tub with a handle that I put a bunch of uncooked rice in.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holding nuts and bolts
im talking more about like empty pill bottles ASSASINAT3 (or however its spelled) follidrone, orange triad multi, and other pill bottles of that size

i guess i could throw some change in there... i was thinking about potentially planting a small plant in each one lol... idk how that would work out though

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im talking more about like empty pill bottles ASSASINAT3 (or however its spelled) follidrone, orange triad multi, and other pill bottles of that size

i guess i could throw some change in there... i was thinking about potentially planting a small plant in each one lol... idk how that would work out though

In that case I would lay in bed with them all over me and take pics topless for a special someone

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I toss them in recycling. To many to reuse them. I did use a few to use for OT for my son when he was younger.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I either re use them to take stuff and leave it at the gym or fill it full of tanerite.... those 5lb protein jugs make one hell of a bang:)
Video?? That amount would indeed make a sizable bang!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Recycle and sometimes uses them to hold other things

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just toss them, but you're all making me feel guilty now lol

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
I recycle/trash most of them now. For awhile I saved every protein tub but I go through too much.

I have used some of the protein tubs for empty brass, they are pretty good for that. Them and Tidy Cats, the plastic handles with the handles.

I hate throwing the protein tubs out, they are pretty sturdy and seem quite useful, but, for what?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I reused a large protein tub to condense like 5 tubs of creatine into one bottle.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
they are good to wash paint brushes in.....when my parents had their pool my dad used the 5lb tubs for water to keep the winter cover on

I've also kept them since I mix my bcaa products together, or bigger tubs to mix creatine together

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein tubs in the recycling, other ones go straight to trash, will sometimes re-use some for when i'm travelling though

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Recycle them! Or in the case of SNS ones, save them up for free product ;)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Save Controlled Labs UPCs for free product too - just google "controlled labs upc promotion".

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
how many labels = how much product

how does like the label program work?
Well, it won't let me post links or images directly...ugh..take the spaces out. Maybe somebody can quote and fix so it embed please?

h ttps://for um.bodybuilding.com/showth read.php?t=6654831

UPS calculator is here

ht tp://controll edlabs.com/produ cts-points-calculation/

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm saving up for enough to build an awesome fort that my wife is definitely not allowed in

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, it won't let me post links or images directly...ugh..take the spaces out. Maybe somebody can quote and fix so it embed please?

h ttps://for um.bodybuilding.com/showth read.php?t=6654831

UPS calculator is here

ht tp://controll edlabs.com/produ cts-points-calculation/

both links died for me after removing spaces :( could you pm me plz

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
both links died for me after removing spaces :( could you pm me plz

I tried but it probably won't go through, it says you can only PM staff until 50 posts

I guess I need to post whore for 100 posts before I can do anything

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Great idea here. Sharps container!
Be CAREFUL with this unless they are insulin syringes. Chances are the needles could punture the containers. Sharps Boxes are made specifically to avoid punctures. I wouldnt chance it

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Be CAREFUL with this unless they are insulin syringes. Chances are the needles could punture the containers. Sharps Boxes are made specifically to avoid punctures. I wouldnt chance it
I just figured it was better than my current ziplock bag

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just figured it was better than my current ziplock bag
Haha, I guess it's all relative. Like NG said, a Sharps box is better in regards to safety, and it also looks better, and likely would draw less attention or questions if someone were to see it; it looks like it's for genuine medical stuff as opposed to looking like a random bro or druggie storing used needles in a random protein tub. Granted, it may not be an issue, but it does seem like it'd look better and/or raise less questions/concerns IMO.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wtf most hypos come with protective shields, why wouldnt you reshield used ones

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recap all my pins post injection
Aye. No way theyd be puncturing a protein tub. Even if a shield came off, those things are so lightweight I couldnt see how there would be any sufficient force generated necessary to puncture the plastic anyway. Guess theres a possibility of an external force though. Meh. Safety first, Im being argumentative.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aye. No way theyd be puncturing a protein tub. Even if a shield came off, those things are so lightweight I couldnt see how there would be any sufficient force generated necessary to puncture the plastic anyway. Guess theres a possibility of an external force though. Meh.
Maybe a random bro who is overly excited slamming his scooper in for some whey gainz?

Reactions: Nac