Help w/ GDA Dosing Protocol with Intermittent Fasting

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just wondering what the most efficient/effective way to dose a GDA (in my case, C&P Predator) if I follow (a loose) intermittent fasting. My goal right now is to cut down to 10%body fat.

A typical day this summer for me looks like:

-Work at 8AM
-Usually delay first meal of the day til ~12:30PM
-Lift around 6:30-7:00PM w/post wo shake after
-Dinner around 9:00-9:30PM

Since dinner is post workout, is it worth it to dose the GDA then?

A few more questions:

Should I add in a preworkout meal of protein/carbs about 45-60min before lifting?

I could potentially start doing AM workouts if my lazy ass can wake up in time, in which case that would warrant dosing GDA pre dinner too.

I appreciate your input all.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Interested in the responses.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what are you eating for your first meal?

Beta

Awards
  • Established
what are you eating for your first meal?
The actual food changes but usually the meal is around 600-750 cals, containing ~60g complex carbs, ~55g+ of protein. Typically a sandwich/wrap with some Greek yogurt or casein.

Btw, very much open to tweaks and suggestions to improve my diet/meal choice.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are going the carb route for the first meal, I would employ the GDA.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I would dose the pre workout meal 30min before. Easiest way is take your dose before you start cooking. I find doing it pre workout really helps me get that extra glycogen in the muscle and get a solid pump along with less fat gain.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I would dose the pre workout meal 30min before. Easiest way is take your dose before you start cooking. I find doing it pre workout really helps me get that extra glycogen in the muscle and get a solid pump along with less fat gain.
Potentially more benefit to limiting carbs in first meal, and eat a preworkout meal with ~50g of carbs and dose the GDA then?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Potentially more benefit to limiting carbs in first meal, and eat a preworkout meal with ~50g of carbs and dose the GDA then?
I would say that's probably the best possible scenario. Although to help with your fasting do you consume any sort of recovery agent? If not I would recommend BCAAs as soon as you get out of bed. That would help build muscle and more muscle means higher TDEE and therefore more burned fat.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I would say that's probably the best possible scenario. Although to help with your fasting do you consume any sort of recovery agent? If not I would recommend BCAAs as soon as you get out of bed. That would help build muscle and more muscle means higher TDEE and therefore more burned fat.
That's a great point, I don't. I've read conflicting things about the effects of bcaa's on fasting. Since they contain calories and leucine, wouldn't they take me out of the fasted state?

I guess it also depends on whether IF has any effects on hormones/insulin sensitivity beyond just caloric restriction.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I think it's fine as long as it's got no sugar another thing you could do is ephedrine and caffeine since it's anti catabolic

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
I don't want to jack the thread, but I have the same question, slightly different circumstance. Since it looks about a month old I figured reviving it would be okay.

Stats 33yrs. 5'8". 163lbs 11% BF.
Staple supps: Multi. 4g omega 3's. 5g creatine. 6g beta alanine. 300mg coq10. 2 Tbs collagen. Glucasamine joint health. 4000UI Vitamin D. 1g cissus.

Up at 5am.
10g BCAAs preworkout.
Workout 6-7:30am fasted. Burn 900-1500cals.
Eat at 8am. 1500cal meal
Then at 4pm. 1000-1500cal meal depending on workout expenditure. I use a HRM for accuracy.

Breakfast is:
1Tbs coconut oil
15oz canned salmon
1cup basmanti rice
1cup cooked beans
1 banana
1 1/3cup oatmeal
57g fat, 104g protein, 163g carbs, 1548cals.

Lunch is always different. But I usually have another carb heavy meal. Bananas. More rice. Sweet potatoes. Venison. (Hunting season about to start!!! Thawed my last ground this morning)

Daily totals: 100g fat. 180-225g protein and between 200-300g carbs. That comes out to 30% fat 35% protein 35% carbs.

Yes there are some days that I buy a pint of ice cream(1200cals) and eat the whole thing right before bed. With IF, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Let's get to the questions; enough about me. Since my muscles are already going to be primed for nutrients post workout, what benefit will a GDA provide for my immediate post workout meal, if any?

Should I add a 25g protein and 30g maltodextrine shake to post workout meal? I usually struggle to fit the whole food in my stomach when I do.

Will I only see benefits from using a GDA for my 2nd meal?

On a side note: What can I use for gastric emptying? ACV, 2g ginger? Add in more greens?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you are in a deficit, how are carbs going to make you fat (if you believe they do at all)? Your net fat for the day will be negative without taking anything at all.

Use of AMPK Mimetics: Fat, insulin insensitive people vs insulin sensitive athletes and aerobic vs anaerobic (weights) training with them (maybe - poorly studied in athletes).

ALA, Berberine, Metformin, Resveratrol, AICAR & Co - Are AMPK Mimetics & Activators Good or Bad for Athletes? - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone