NITRATES: HOW MANY NITRATES CONTAIN THE BETAINE NITRATE ? (trimethylglycine nitrate)

manuelthebeas

manuelthebeas

Awards
i know 1 gram to creatine nitrate contain 330 mg to nitrates
1 gram to arginine nitrate contain 256 mg to nitrates
1 gram to leucine nitrate contain 330 mg to nitrates

and 1 gram to betaine nitrate? (trimethylglycine nitrate)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just looked at the molecular weight of betaine nitrate and of nitrate, along with their molecular formulas, and it seems that betaine nitrate (180.15918 g/mol) is about 34% nitrate (62.0049 g/mol). The math seems to check out when doing the same for potassium nitrate (similar calculations give it 61.3% nitrate, which seems to pretty spot on). It also seems pretty accurate based on your number for creatine (my calculation got 32% nitrate compared to your listed 33%), similar for arginine nitrate (26.1% vs 25.6%), and similar for leucine nitrate (31.9% vs 33%), so it seems like the calculation should be pretty accurate.

I'd go with ~34% nitrate.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just looked at the molecular weight of betaine nitrate and of nitrate, along with their molecular formulas, and it seems that betaine nitrate (180.15918 g/mol) is about 34% nitrate (62.0049 g/mol). The math seems to check out when doing the same for potassium nitrate (similar calculations give it 61.3% nitrate, which seems to pretty spot on). It also seems pretty accurate based on your number for creatine (my calculation got 32% nitrate compared to your listed 33%), similar for arginine nitrate (26.1% vs 25.6%), and similar for leucine nitrate (31.9% vs 33%), so it seems like the calculation should be pretty accurate.

I'd go with ~34% nitrate.
34.61037380715284% nitrates.

no seriously, thats exactly what it is. I did the math :p