More ZMA

R

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started alphamax XT and am liking it. I knew it had a ZMA blend, so I stopped taking it. But I noticed that the ZMA blend isn't near enough to be in the beneficial amounts, should I resume taking my ZMA supplement? It's just your average 30mgs zinc, 450 mag. Aspartate, and vit B6.

Also if I do resume it, I might space out the 3 pills morning, day, and evening. I think it mighta been interfering with my sleep.

R

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping just to say, I did start my ZMA again 2 at night and just today I took one in the morning. I may keep it this way because I believe 3 at night messes p my sleep

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, have you used ZMA and AlphaMax XT separately before? If not, I suggest doing that first.

It seems fine to add a ZMA supplement to it, but like i said, i would run them each solo first.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I ran AlphaMax I stopped taking ZMA for the same reason you noted. Didn't have any issues, and didn't notice any problems until I stopped taking AlphaMax. That's when I realized how well it was working for me. Make sense? Long story short, I wouldn't resume your ZMA. I think just the AlphaMax has you covered.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Glad you are liking Alphamax XT so far! Just to clarify, you find that additional ZMA is effecting your sleep?

Long story short, I wouldn't resume your ZMA. I think just the AlphaMax has you covered.
This. Alphamax XT should have you covered with ZMA. If you feel that you need more ZMA I would consider adding in half of your normal dose once a day, preferably before bed, with your 2 caps of Alphamax XT.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think that the zma is interrupting your sleep but if mentally it is causing an issue it's not worth it. Sleep is a huge part of training, and no supplement is worth jepordizing that.

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
The Mucuna Pruriens is probably what is affecting your sleep.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alphamax XT does have a low dose of magnesium (10mg vs the 400mg+ found in dedicated ZMA supplements), and a small dosage of Vitamin B6 (234mcg vs 10.5mg in other ZMA supplements).

100mcg is 0.1mg.

I do think that you could easily add in a ZMA supplement and get the benefits of both.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alphamax XT does have a low dose of magnesium (10mg vs the 400mg+ found in dedicated ZMA supplements), and a small dosage of Vitamin B6 (234mcg vs 10.5mg in other ZMA supplements).

100mcg is 0.1mg.

I do think that you could easily add in a ZMA supplement and get the benefits of both.
Agreed.