Ubiquinol

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've been reading up on the benefits of Ubiquinol. I have a few questions.

What is the recommended dosage? I've read anywhere from 2-400 mg daily.

Is it best taken all at once or split up throughout the day?

Does anybody include this as a staple? Any need to cycle it?

Has anybody noticed health benefits such as lower blood pressure, lower heart rate, increase in energy, increase in strength, etc.?

Thanks!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, ubiquinone is cheaper and is what the vast majority of studies have used. The dose is 300-400mg daily, and the PK studies show doing multiple 100mg doses will be superior to doing a single larger dose.

People will claim ubiquinol is superior or preferrable but this is largely marketing bollocks. The studies Ive read do not bear this out. The recommended dosing for ubiquinone will be higher than for ubiquinol (probably why you are seeing a range of doses), but it is also significantly cheaper.

As far as I know there have been no head-to-head studies done. But all the impartial "experts" claim the cheaper version, if dosed appropriately, will be just as effective.

Benefits will largely be unseen. May have a positive and measurable effect on BP, but most benefits are non-subjective, if that makes sense.

Have a read:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/advanced-discussion-dr/193700-coq10-ubiquinol.html

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id just add that, IMO, this stuff is probably more beneficial if you use gear. If youre otherwise natty, the benefits may be somewhat negligible unless you have some sort of genetic CV condition/predisposition. I dunno. I guess all Im saying is gear=yeah, natty=meh. And Im assuming youre not 60yrs old.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nac I seem to recall that once in the body, it swaps back and forth between the isomers - whatever is needed. I buy a giant bottle of 300mg Ubiquinone at Costco and call it a day.

Reactions: Nac