Caffeine Supplement Questions

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I noticed recently that caffeine can be derived from different sources. I used to just grab a cheap bottle of NoDoz and call it a day.

I found a product by Kaged Muscle:
90% Pure Caffeine Extract Derived From Water-Extracted Green Coffee Beans

Is there a reason to spend a few extra dollars for a product like the one above? What brand of caffeine do you guys prefer? Are there any other suggestions for caffeine besides Kaged Muscle? What are the benefits?

Thanks!

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I noticed recently that caffeine can be derived from different sources. I used to just grab a cheap bottle of NoDoz and call it a day.

I found a product by Kaged Muscle:
90% Pure Caffeine Extract Derived From Water-Extracted Green Coffee Beans

Is there a reason to spend a few extra dollars for a product like the one above? What brand of caffeine do you guys prefer? Are there any other suggestions for caffeine besides Kaged Muscle? What are the benefits?

Thanks!
I saw an interesting study a few days ago that suggests that caffeine, regardless of its sources is caffeine. Whether u pay top dollar or buy cheap caffeine pills, it's the same stuff

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I saw an interesting study a few days ago that suggests that caffeine, regardless of its sources is caffeine. Whether u pay top dollar or buy cheap caffeine pills, it's the same stuff
Can't find it tho

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Is there a reason to spend a few extra dollars for a product like the one above?
NO. Black Coffee is the best way to get it, if you can, logistically - due to the other awesome stuff it contains.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
NO. Black Coffee is the best way to get it, if you can, logistically - due to the other awesome stuff it contains.
Absolutely. Anti oxidants and all the good stuff that it brings. I have mine with milk tho cos I'm English and that's how we roll

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Absolutely. Anti oxidants and all the good stuff that it brings. I have mine with milk tho cos I'm English and that's how we roll
The stuff is a super-food. Seems every week another study proves it's worth. Latest one I heard of was: Caffeine alone shortens Telomeres, but Coffee lengthens them (because of all the other stuff). My local Wharehouse stores sell giant tubs of Nescafe' Taters Choice Instant for about $11 - I buy one every trip :D

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
The stuff is a super-food. Seems every week another study proves it's worth. Latest one I heard of was: Caffeine alone shortens Telomeres, but Coffee lengthens them (because of all the other stuff). My local Wharehouse stores sell giant tubs of Nescafe' Taters Choice Instant for about $11 - I buy one every trip :D
I'm. All about nescafe Azera. If u can find that In the states,get it. It is amazing

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read that as "my local wh0rehouse" for some reason haha. Coffee is definitely good stuff.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just read a study on the health benefits of black coffee. Awesome! Does brand matter?

Bro hug!

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I just read a study on the health benefits of black coffee. Awesome! Does brand matter?

Bro hug!
Only for flavour mate. Go for a nice strong one. Like I say, Azera or it's equivalent and you're laughing

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Just Googled it and 'tasters choice' is the US version of azera!

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
That is the absolute stuff

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This I agree with. A study was also published which demonstrates that the way the caffeine is delivered can alter the physiological response to it. In this case, 320mg of caffeine consumed as part of an energy drink had a greater impact on BP than caffeine taken alone.

http://jaha.ahajournals.org/content/6/5/e004448

NoDoz is relatively expensive, whereas 501 tabs of 200mg caffeine is only $13.95. https://nutraplanet.com/products/sns-caffeine-tablets-200-mg/

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wish coffee didn't make me pee so much or make my breath smell awful. I still drink it everyday but still.

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
I'm about to go real cheap with you and say Black Tea...yes, tea. It yields the highest purity of natural caffeine you'll find (more so than coffee). The pills are great for that boost of energy in the gym, but at the end of the day caffeine is caffeine...no need for anhydrous, etc. A simple 100-200mg will suffice preworkout. Use other things such as a vasodilator to really see improvements in the gym. Beta alanine and citrulline malate work well. Add in agmatine sulfate and the pump you'll get will be legit. Then, eat eat eat!!!! Fuel the body naturally and train your ass off!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally like a variety of caffeine forms/sources as they all metabolize at different rates and have slightly different attributes. Di-Caffeine Malate, Caffeine Citrate, Theacrine, Guarana, PurCaf, etc.

I would like a pill with all of the above..:burnout:

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
Ricky10, you are definitely correct with your statement. I was just suggesting a cheap form of caffeine that'll help improve energy :) For me, caffeine malate is very good but usually only in expensive preworkout supplements. I, however, do indeed use the expensive stuff Lol For someone just wanting a "boost," I said black tea because you can buy it in bulk for a fraction of the price of the sources you mentioned...I do agree with you though!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I take caffeine pills once in awhile if I need an extra boost of energy, but the coffee idea sounds like a better option. Do you guys just take a teaspoon down the hatch or mix it in hot water?

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
I drink it first thing in the morning before fasted cardio...I mix in iso-amino (Hazlenut flavor) by MAN nutrition...it's a very good tasting 0 calorie BCAA mix for coffee :))