Ara and Forskolin Timing of Dosing

Vlaw

Awards
Hello everyone as the title says i would like to know when to take those two supplements.
  1. I know for ara that you should take it fasted or 45 min pre workout. I fast in the morning usually for many hours but i am training in the evening with a pre workout meal. Should i take it in the morning?
  2. I do not get the 45 minute rule since at the ara help guide it says to take it after a warm up. I can't train fasted sorry should i eat something take it after like 2 hours and then train?
  3. For forskolin i have read to take it 30 minutes pre workout but no clue fasted or with a meal.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure forskolin-95 timing matters as much as the Ara, but how long between when you last eat and your workout? If you arent fasted or close to, take the Ara towards the end of your warm up I believe

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the idea is to either take Xgels or Xfactor (Ara) fasted or intra workout. Choose the one that fits best.

Vlaw

Awards
Yeah the idea is to either take Xgels or Xfactor (Ara) fasted or intra workout. Choose the one that fits best.
Fasted is considered only in fasted state or also after sometime after a meal (like Lyle McDonald said about Yohimbine). Also can you explain the 45 minute rule? Thank you!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You might be over thinking it a little bit in my opinion. Just dont take your xgels with food.

In my opinion, I'd suggest you take it pre workout if it takes a while for the pump to kick in. Or u could take it during warm ups if it kicks in fast for you. That way you sort of time the fun pump effect to hit after a few sets.

The other factor for me is that I get hungry about 75 or 90 minutes after dosing. If I have a longer workout planned, that could interfere with the end of my workout if I dose too high too early.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Except the fact that it was taken 45 min pre workout does not mention if it was fasted or not.
Rats have food always available IIRC. Only on the test day did they fast and gavage them for the electro-stim test. Neither study mentions fasting, and most performance athletes don't "fast" before training. I'd say "Not Fasted", but the only thing you can go by, are the studies:

Edit: Ahhhh - the board removed some stuff from the link. Go here:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/search?q=arachidonic&filterJournals=PLoSONE

and look for:
Effects of Arachidonic Acid Supplementation on Acute Anabolic Signaling and Chronic Functional Performance and Body Composition Adaptations
Eduardo O. De Souza, Ryan P. Lowery, Jacob M. Wilson, Matthew H. Sharp, Christopher Brooks Mobley, Carlton D. Fox, Hector L. Lopez, Kevin A. Shields, Jacob T. Rauch, James C. Healy, Richard M. Thompson, Jacob A. Ormes, Jordan M. Joy, Michael D. Roberts

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2217562/

If it ain't in those, it ain't anywhere.

Also: Wilson has been catching some heat from the professional community lately.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Fasted is considered only in fasted state or also after sometime after a meal (like Lyle McDonald said about Yohimbine). Also can you explain the 45 minute rule? Thank you!!
It takes usually 30-45mins to get to target muscles. That's all. After a few doses it won't matter as much