Best staple supplements?

Cocop0pZ

Awards
Whats your guys favourite staples? Supplements that you run year round, no need to cycle. I would love to hear what staples you take and if you have any recommendations.

Personally I take
Multi
Fish oil
B-complex
ZMA
Lecithin granules (PA)
Protein
Creatine
Citrulline Malate

I also take
CoQ10, Hawthorne Extract, Celery Seed to keep my blood pressue in check. (Had mild hypertension before supplementing these)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Vitamin D - 2,000-5,000 IU (NOW)
Probiotic - Gut Health (Evomuse)
Enzymes - Super Enzymes (NOW)
Protein - MAN, PES, MTS, CL, Gaspari, Ghost (Current Rotation)
Fishoil - 2/3g EPA/DHA (CL)
Mutli - Orange Triad (CL)
Creatine - 3-5g (Primaforce)
Agmatine - 1-1.5g (Primaforce)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Creatine Monohydrate - I get mine from APS Nutrition.

Fish Oil

Multivitamin - Anavite by Gaspari Nutrition

Cocop0pZ

Awards
Just looked up Agmatine sounds interesting. Might have to swap out my Citrulline Malate for it. Have you tried Citrulline? How do they compare?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just looked up Agmatine sounds interesting. Might have to swap out my Citrulline Malate for it. Have you tried Citrulline? How do they compare?
They are two totally different products man. Both will help with pump (pre-workout) Agmatine has the NP (Nutrient partitioning benefits), Citrulline will aid preventing lactic acid build up around training (6-8g has been shown to be a scientific study to dose)
I would use both year round if you have the funds, plus both are dirt cheap in bulk. Primaforce and SNS are great brands to purchase from.

Cocop0pZ

Awards
They are two totally different products man. Both will help with pump (pre-workout) Agmatine has the NP (Nutrient partitioning benefits), Citrulline will aid preventing lactic acid build up around training (6-8g has been shown to be a scientific study to dose)
I would use both year round if you have the funds, plus both are dirt cheap in bulk. Primaforce and SNS are great brands to purchase from.
Thanks for the informative reply, definitely will try it out.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Leucine
Agmatine
Creatine
Pre workout/ stimulant

Literally always well stocked on these

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi-Vitamin (Gaspari Anavite)
Fish Oil
Vitamin D3
Protein (iForce Protean, APS Isomorph, Cellucor in the current rotation)
iForce Finish Line (Creatine, Betaine, Beta Alanine, LCLT)
Citrulline / Citrulline Malate (on training days depending on which pre workout I'm using)

runtyemonster

Awards
Do you take the Vitamin D in that dosage daily? Mine is 5000 iu and the bottle says take one every other day.

runtyemonster

Awards
Agmatine
Citullene Malate
Beta alanine
Creatine
Theanine+Caffine(pwo)
Vitamin D
Magnesium+zinc(before bed)
Been taking mk-677 for about 8 months now.

compan

compan

Awards
Multi - Anavite
Fish Oil - Oximega
All-In-One - Finish Line (I take it for the creatine, BA and betaine)

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi - I have a few in my rotation, i actually just mix them together and take 4 random ones a day lol
Fish oil - Same as above lol
Greens - Gaia from Chaos and Pain - Tastes great and gets my fruits and veggies in
Protein - in rotation now - Kracken, iso100,animal whey
Nac and milk thistle

runtyemonster

Awards
Daily. I never see sunlight because I work indoors most of the day.
Got you, I'm kinda the same. When I'm not at work indoors, I'm at the gym or at home on my PC. I try to stay active outside, i.e, hikes with the family, swimming, stuff like that, but just don't always have the time to get that good good sunlight.

ThorBara

ThorBara

Awards
Whey Iso

NOW Adam + cal/mag

EAA (Humapro,bulk)

Carbs (Glycofuse,Endur3+,Recovery Factor)

Tr1umph

Beta Alanine

BRITE

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin D
Gut Health
PowerMax XT/Ergonine (creatine and other performance aids)
Ashwagandha
Orange Triad

Kaliber

Awards
Yes sir. Definitely helps me sleep. Anything over 15mg/Ed and I gain weight like crazy.
Gaining weight is it that you eating more from the hunger it gives you or does it just pack on solid lean muscle. Which dose do you prefer?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the Solution hit it. A good fish oil, multi, creatine and protein is my base stack then I'll throw in natty products.

runtyemonster

Awards
Gaining weight is it that you eating more from the hunger it gives you or does it just pack on solid lean muscle. Which dose do you prefer?
I gain a lot from bloat with a higher dose. The hunger definitely helps with a bulk, but I was experimenting with it and at 15mg I don't gain any water weight. Bumping up to 25mg and I can gain 4-6lbs in a week, all water though. The main benefit of mk, for me, is the sleep and hunger. I can eat more and I sleep better so I can recover better. I'm stacking it with lgd-4033 right now and l am loving it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi-Whatever I have
Triple omega-mr supps
Protein- Mr supps isolate and also a mixture of myoatmeal vegan protein, with whey
Creatine- LG Sciences
Aminos- Jug of a mixture of random amino products
Phsyllium Husk- no clue on the brand, only brand the store carries
Coconut oil-Vitacost

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Adding to what others have stated, curcumin and KSM-66 as well.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
Number one staple for me is EAA's

Fish oils too

Been using MK-677 last couple months and I like it so much I think I will continue to use it.

Cocop0pZ

Awards

Fish oils too

Been using MK-677 last couple months and I like it so much I think I will continue to use it.
I was just reading about MK-677 today, what have your experiences with it been bro? And are you personally not cycling it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Fish oils too

I've heard some good things about MK.

I'm a big fan of intra-workout EAAs, but with the new PowerMax XT having daily staples (creatine, betaine, etc) and WPH + leucine, it will serve well as both my daily ergogen and my intra-workout drink (with some added Gatorade powder). For intra-workout I'd definitely go with either EAAs or WPH (either with 3-5g total leucine).

Bulk HMB powder is also affordable and can be useful, especially if you like high volume/frequency IMO.

Other staples for me include:

-General Health:
-Spirulina and Wheatgrass
-Vitamin D
-Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract
-NAC
-Black Seed Oil

-Pre-Workout
-Citrulline and/or Nitrates
-Caffeine

Nootropics
-NootropiMax (convenient all-in-one). Clear Edge is also good if you don't want caffeine

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
I'm on my second bottle.
I was told there's no need to come off.

Here's my experience
I have NOT put on a ton of water weight like everyone else claims

I am up about three pounds since starting. At 52 I'll take three pounds in a little over two months.

The thing I love, I look fuller, rounder and harder.

And I'm getting crazy ass pumps since being on this. Not sure if it's related but I don't care.

I love this stuff!

runtyemonster

Awards
I'm on my second bottle.

Here's my experience

I am up about three pounds since starting. At 52 I'll take three pounds in a little over two months.

And I'm getting crazy ass pumps since being on this. Not sure if it's related but I don't care.

I love this stuff!
What dosage are u at?

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
Fish oil

Leucine

EAA's

Protein (whatever is on sale at the time)

PA

Mk 677 (as long as I can afford it)

HBCD intra-workout

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on my second bottle.

Here's my experience

I love this stuff!
There do seem to be a handful of promising studies on it, showing benefits including increased growth hormone and IGF-1 levels, increased fat-free mass, improved nitrogen balance, increased metabolic rate (at 2 weeks, but apparently not at 8), and improved sleep quality. It's definitely tempting to try for someone like me who has never used anything of the sort.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
My dosage is 12.5 although I'll occasionally throw in a 25 mg day here and there.

One thing I forgot to mention is the one negative.
Lethargy

From what I hear not everyone gets it but I do.
That's the only thing keeping me from running 25 all the time.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in mk too but need to do further research. Not to detract from the thread but I read something regarding its ability to hinder or adversely affect long term brain activity which was concerning.

Also: regarding agmatine, are its nutrient partitioning effects noticeable?

runtyemonster

Awards
My dosage is 12.5 although I'll occasionally throw in a 25 mg day here and there.

One thing I forgot to mention is the one negative.
Lethargy

From what I hear not everyone gets it but I do.
That's the only thing keeping me from running 25 all the time.
Ok. Good deal man. I typically run it at about 22.5mg/Ed. When I run it at 15, barely noticeable weight gain. >25 and I blow up. I love the fullness it gives me. Plus the pump from that and the lgd is insane. The lethargy is real though, lol. Hard to push through some times. And damn man, my joints have been achy while on the lgd.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
Yea maybe I would see more water weight at 25 mgs but work sucks when dragging ass.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Orange Triad
Fish oil
Vit D
Vit K (dosed with vit D)
Magnesium Glycinate (before bed)
Vit B6 (take with Magnesium pre-bed)

Creatine
Choline
ALCAR
Noopept (cycled)
NALT (as needed)

I usually roll with Agmatine too since bulk is so cheap, I'm just out right now. If you respond well to it then it's a great daily supp.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ergonine covers many bases and would be something I try to keep always stocked.

dpopovici

dpopovici

Awards
Multivitamin , fish oil, joint health, vision health , vitamin c from acerola extract, b12 energy drinks

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
my custom preworkout changes from time to time but always includes:
Leucine
Creatine Mono
Beta Alananine
Agmatine
Caffeine
Betaine HCL

Then:
Whey
Fish Oils
BCAA
Psyllium Husk Fiber

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm interested in mk too but need to do further research. Not to detract from the thread but I read something regarding its ability to hinder or adversely affect long term brain activity which was concerning.

Also: regarding agmatine, are its nutrient partitioning effects noticeable?
I don't know that adding agmatine has done a ton for me in terms of nutriet partitioning, but without any doubt its the most effective for giving me "pumps". It works better for me than any arginine or citulline ever has, and the pump seems to last much longer post-workout as well. I usually stick with 750mg. I've used 1g+ but its almost TOO much pump where I feel it can interfere with my workout.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Folidrone 2.0
agmatine
citrulline
LCLT
B complex 100
Vitamin D
KSM-66
Fish oil

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
my custom preworkout changes from time to time but always includes:
Leucine
Creatine Mono
Beta Alananine
Agmatine
Caffeine
Betaine HCL

Then:
Whey
Fish Oils
BCAA
Psyllium Husk Fiber
Gotta love the leucine for sure. Inter-meal protein synthesis spikes have likely helped my muscle building tremendously

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gotta love the leucine for sure. Inter-meal protein synthesis spikes have likely helped my muscle building tremendously
I'm just surprised more people don't use it.....fairly cheap to buy as a bulk powder. Doesn't taste GREAT, but not awful. I just assume people haven't tried it....

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Your using it between meals or before meals?
Between meals! The studies indicate that consuming ~ 3 grams between meals (I want to say about (1.5-2hrs+ after and before each meal I.e lunch at 1pm, 3g leucine at 3pm, dinner at 6pm, etc.) I believe Dr. Layne Norton conducted the studies. There's a certain protein synthesis threshold and an exposure time between doses to get an effect. For instance, sipping on a whey shake all day won't give you constantly elevated protein synthesis. By "pulsing" leucine (fast acting) between your whole food meals you appear to get a lot of benefit

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I'm just surprised more people don't use it.....fairly cheap to buy as a bulk powder. Doesn't taste GREAT, but not awful. I just assume people haven't tried it....
Yeah and some of difficult to dissolve. Aka SNS leucine whereas MAN Sports leucine dissolves nearly instaneous in minimal amounts of liquids. Definitely what I feel to be one of if not the most necessary supplements in my closet