Beta alanina , your experience?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Your experience with this supplement? Does anyone take it every day? How many grams? Your feedback?
Thank you

compan

compan

Awards
It's one of the more researched supplements in the industry. I tend to take it daily with my creatine and what not (I use Finish Line which is an all-in-one). The standard dose is about 3.2g per day, there is some literature about splitting that into 2 doses out there.

I can't directly comment on specifically beta alanine results because I've never really done a controlled test on my own, but it tends to be considered one of the "staples" out there and is worth a shot with how cheap it is to buy. You can check out some pubmed studies on it. Examine.com is also a good resource.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
It's one of the more researched supplements in the industry. I tend to take it daily with my creatine and what not (I use Finish Line which is an all-in-one). The standard dose is about 3.2g per day, there is some literature about splitting that into 2 doses out there.

I can't directly comment on specifically beta alanine results because I've never really done a controlled test on my own, but it tends to be considered one of the "staples" out there and is worth a shot with how cheap it is to buy. You can check out some pubmed studies on it. Examine.com is also a good resource.
Great response here ^^^

I as well have used finish line for months and months. It really is an all in one product. Recovery after long powerlifting sessions have been decreased significantly since before using it. That being said I think it speaks for itself on the ingredients contained.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely LOVE it. 2.5g pre workout with some niacine and bam!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I take it every day...good research behind it

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually dose 3g daily with some in the AM and some preworkout. Since I lift at different times through the day, I tend to make sure I get it in the earlier part of the day. A great staple to have.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
If I'm correct this is another one like creatine in that you want your body to be saturated...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i hate it....it ruins my workouts with those tingles, even as i get used to it or an underdosed product that includes it, i still feel off when i take it.....imo all the research in the world isn't worth the uncomfortable feeling i get when i take it so at this point i avoid it if i can

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
i hate it....it ruins my workouts with those tingles, even as i get used to it or an underdosed product that includes it, i still feel off when i take it.....imo all the research in the world isn't worth the uncomfortable feeling i get when i take it so at this point i avoid it if i can
Sorry to hear that..I notice tingles but I guess I'm enough of a caveman I forget about them after awhile

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear that..I notice tingles but I guess I'm enough of a caveman I forget about them after awhile
Haha I always get the tingles in my ears....i also have a tricky trap/neck and for whatever reason the tingles seem to give me a neckache

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How I feel about Yohimbine HCL lol but yeah make sure the beta alanine you purchase is the Carnosyn form. It will be listed somewhere on the tub.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
During the day, better on a full stomach, or on an empty stomach?
Is it true that it should be taken away from protein foods?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't take it everday but it's typically dosed at 3.2g per day.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How I feel about Yohimbine HCL lol but yeah make sure the beta alanine you purchase is the Carnosyn form. It will be listed somewhere on the tub.
yeah I know, same outcome usually for me........beta alanine and yohimbine are basically two ingredients I try and avoid

it's not a deal breaker if the products have them but if I can find something I like just as much without them, that's what I'm going with

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I have been playing around with BA lately and I myself love it. For SOME odd reason I never ever get the tingles, but when I do MAN do I love it

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Never heard of it.

Beta alanine on the other hand...

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't take it everday but it's typically dosed at 3.2g per day.
I don't take it everyday either. I think after you're saturated it takes a while (week?) to unsaturate. So basically I do 3g of BA and 5g of creatine before and after a workout, 4 days a week. I don't ever get the tingles anymore.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS makes bulk beta alanine. Very cost effective as well!

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I take it always and only pre workout since years. It is my stample for my home-made pre. Unless I am using a ready made product which contains it, I never stop it. I generally make my pre-workout with 3g of Beta alanine, 5g creapure, 5g citrulline, ag agmatine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just buy a bulk powder version and add it to my pre workout. If my pre workout that day already has it, I will only add a little to get 3 grams or I will just forgo it since I am saturated.

If one does not like the tingles, they should go away within a week, if not sooner. Personally, I miss getting the tingles, especially when I do not train with stims. The tingles wake me up, if that makes sense. But I look like I have lice, always scratching my head.