Bulk powders vs Name brand powders

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Been using supplements like Agmatine, choline, Citrulline, LCLT, Creatine as staples for years. And other powders like Beta Alanine, DAA (I am 49) ALCARm Caffeine etc.. etc..at particular phases.

I started off buying name brand powders and, in an attempt to save money, slowly tried bulk powders from various suppliers. And have to say - especially in the past few years - that the quality of bulk powders is just as good or better than the much more expensive name brands.

Are you using bulk powders?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been using supplements like Agmatine, choline, Citrulline, LCLT, Creatine as staples for years. And other powders like Beta Alanine, DAA (I am 49) ALCARm Caffeine etc.. etc..at particular phases.

I started off buying name brand powders and, in an attempt to save money, slowly tried bulk powders from various suppliers. And have to say - especially in the past few years - that the quality of bulk powders is just as good or better than the much more expensive name brands.

Are you using bulk powders?
I've used various bulk powders and enjoyed them. I still use some, but I also do sometimes like the convenience of having a "finished" product that only needs one scoop instead of several. With that said, I do have bulk leucine, HMB, and citrulline ATM that I really like. Bulk choline, carnitine(s), taurine, etc are also nice.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
End of the day it comes down to weighing trust/faith, cost, and risk. Really all it is.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For "off brand" bulk powders, I will usually go with NP or SP. Same thing essentially. For name brands, AI Sports, Primaforce, and SNS are good to go. What it comes down to, for me, is my order. If I only need one item, I will go with the cheapest price. If I need several items at once, I try to order from one site, even if some products I need are cheaper on one site compared to another. For example, if Store A has everything I need, but a few dollars more expensive, but flat rate shipping compared to Store B where the products are cheaper, but shipping costs more per item, I may go with Store A. Pick a few companies, see if you like their products and do your research to see where you can get the best bang for your buck.

compan

compan

Awards
As long as the bulk brand is giving you what you're paying for. I've used Primaforce a lot for bulks in the past because I trust the brand and there is a decent selection. Kaged too.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When it comes to single ingredients like this bulk powders is a great way to go. Biggest issue I've seen is the powders being cut with a filler of some sort or an improperly sized scoop that makes you have to actually weigh it out somehow.

The Premium Powders line has several un-flavored bulks that end up lasting forever versus a pre-made 30day mix of this or that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's pros and cons to both. Not having to weight and measure bulk stuff is nice but the downside is some products are underdosed and when you buy bulk you choose the dosage.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The biggest thing is to make sure the seller is a credible entity. Like a giant 1kg bag of something on Ebay with no label may be a horrible idea.

When it's packaged by a known brand it should be going through quality control and being HPLC tested and checked for heavy metal content.

That's about the craziest issue you could see. So when you say Quality, that's part of what you need to take into account.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True Nutrition and Bulk Supplements have been good to me.

SNS is my go to for "name brand," though.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a few brand of bulk supplements that you can get generic. Brands like SNS are great choices for brand name bulks. Lg, hi tech and a few others at mind and muscle have great low cost bulks as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True Nutrition and Bulk Supplements have been good to me.

SNS is my go to for "name brand," though.
I haven't touched True Nutrition in a while because of their shipping costs. Have they gotten better?

Also, MyProtein has some good bulk powders.