Stack advice.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I would like some help with choosing my stack I want to go all out. I ordered 2 bottles of MassMax XT and I was wondering what I should stack with that I am 20 years old and I was thinking of trying Kings Blood from OL for a a bottle and taking it around week 3 of 8 weeks from Massmax. Any suggestions? Let me know if I'm too young for Kings Blood.

As always any help is appreciated thanks boys.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a lot of people will recommend running that first with some sort of ergo. Like triumph or ergonine from PES. See how you do.. you can then try adding in 2 bottles of xgels for 50 workout days dosed at 1g.
I would leave the test booster out of the picture to save some money. Unless you truly want to benefit from the libido increase on a personal level, but that's all it will do.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I think a lot of people will recommend running that first with some sort of ergo. Like triumph or ergonine from PES. See how you do.. you can then try adding in 2 bottles of xgels for 50 workout days dosed at 1g.
I would leave the test booster out of the picture to save some money. Unless you truly want to benefit from the libido increase on a personal level, but that's all it will do.
Ok cool thanks man I'll definitely take that one out of the pic and I'll do some reading on ergo also I won't dab into X gels because I am playing a sport which I don't need the extra doms.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Instead of going "ALL OUT" on buying pills and powders. What does your diet and training look like? Are you supporting your caloric intake to match your expenditure from your training and sporting events?
What do your macros and calories look like?
What sport are you playing, and how active are you during that sport?

The ergo would be the better buy for sporting purposes because that is your main goal is to provide your body in an optimal state to perform your best during you training and during games.

Something like Xtend perform (or xtend + Bulk peak02) + Ergonine during those sessions would be a very good asset. You could even look into adding extra HBCD (High branch cyclin dextrin carbs) into that beverage to keep energy levels high. If simple carbs like dextrose doesn't bloat you, you could mix that beverage with a powerade or gatorade to get some extra carbs to keep glycogen steady during an intense workout/sporting event. At 20 years old I would keep things simple and put the money towards food to help keep the calories flowing.The need for a booster at your age is minimal with your testosterone right towards it peak with your age. Shelling out money on more supplements is not always going to take your training to another level. A small change in your calories consumed, proper programming go a far longer way.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Instead of going "ALL OUT" on buying pills and powders. What does your diet and training look like? Are you supporting your caloric intake to match your expenditure from your training and sporting events?
What do your macros and calories look like?
What sport are you playing, and how active are you during that sport?

The ergo would be the better buy for sporting purposes because that is your main goal is to provide your body in an optimal state to perform your best during you training and during games.

Something like Xtend perform (or xtend + Bulk peak02) + Ergonine during those sessions would be a very good asset. You could even look into adding extra HBCD (High branch cyclin dextrin carbs) into that beverage to keep energy levels high. If simple carbs like dextrose doesn't bloat you, you could mix that beverage with a powerade or gatorade to get some extra carbs to keep glycogen steady during an intense workout/sporting event. At 20 years old I would keep things simple and put the money towards food to help keep the calories flowing.The need for a booster at your age is minimal with your testosterone right towards it peak with your age. Shelling out money on more supplements is not always going to take your training to another level. A small change in your calories consumed, proper programming go a far longer way.
Thank you for the advice. I still live at home so I am lucky for free food. I currently am following Layne nortons ph3 diet I eat 3k cals 200P/90Fats/300 carbs. The sport I train for is hockey I weigh 185lbs at 6ft and 14%bf. I have a Fitbit that tracks my cals burned although no I am not matching my cals to my energy expenditure. Thanks I will start doing that although do I increase carbs because Dr.Norton states that protein is not a marker that should move. I play Junior A hockey so its the highest level of junior before turning pro in junior.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the advice. I still live at home so I am lucky for free food. I currently am following Layne nortons ph3 diet I eat 3k cals 200P/90Fats/300 carbs. The sport I train for is hockey I weigh 185lbs at 6ft and 14%bf. I have a Fitbit that tracks my cals burned although no I am not matching my cals to my energy expenditure. Thanks I will start doing that although do I increase carbs because Dr.Norton states that protein is not a marker that should move. I play Junior A hockey so its the highest level of junior before turning pro in junior.
at 6ft and 185 pounds + Playing hockey and training i would bump those carbs up to 325-350 as fat and protein are great. Remember as you continue to add calories carbs are protein sparing once minimums are reached. I personally dont like fitbit's because they are inaccurate as are most caloric trackers. Ive used one in the past before and it does have a good % of error. None will ever be 100% correct. The best way to know what you need is good ol trial and error.

200g of protein at 180-185 pounds is a good mark of over 1g/lb, so that wont have to change. take notes on how you feel with a higher carb intake and a higher fat intake, this will give you a gauge on what works best for you. If you find yourself getting sleepy or sluggish with a higher CHO intake you could keep it steady and add some fattier meat, oil's, nut butters, or avocados to bump kcals. Just place the bulk of those carbs around your training when it matters most and make your other meals P+F Based.

Bump that intake up a little bit your a tall guy in a big frame. I bet you could see your body recomp with some extra fuel and making sure you place some extra carbs around your training (intra-workout) or during your hockey practice/games where you are burning a good chunk of calories.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I really doubt a test booster is going to do much for you at your age. You could CEL Epi-Plex, as that could have a positive impact on your endurance. Also, The Solution suggestion of PeakO2 is very viable. MST Cordygen is another product to look at.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
at 6ft and 185 pounds + Playing hockey and training i would bump those carbs up to 325-350 as fat and protein are great. Remember as you continue to add calories carbs are protein sparing once minimums are reached. I personally dont like fitbit's because they are inaccurate as are most caloric trackers. Ive used one in the past before and it does have a good % of error. None will ever be 100% correct. The best way to know what you need is good ol trial and error.

200g of protein at 180-185 pounds is a good mark of over 1g/lb, so that wont have to change. take notes on how you feel with a higher carb intake and a higher fat intake, this will give you a gauge on what works best for you. If you find yourself getting sleepy or sluggish with a higher CHO intake you could keep it steady and add some fattier meat, oil's, nut butters, or avocados to bump kcals. Just place the bulk of those carbs around your training when it matters most and make your other meals P+F Based.

Bump that intake up a little bit your a tall guy in a big frame. I bet you could see your body recomp with some extra fuel and making sure you place some extra carbs around your training (intra-workout) or during your hockey practice/games where you are burning a good chunk of calories.
Ok I will definitely do that thanks man also after a hockey season I usually burn up all my muscle and keep a little bit of fat I will go down usually to 174lbs around 12% bf. Then I bulk back up to 185lbs. My lowest I ever was after hockey season was 165lbs mind you I have started paying attention to my diet a lot more this Year and my strength has gone up as a result. So with that being said I believe what you are saying is that if I bump up my carbs since they are protein soaring I will maintain as much of my muscle mass as possible.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I really doubt a test booster is going to do much for you at your age. You could CEL Epi-Plex, as that could have a positive impact on your endurance. Also, The Solution suggestion of PeakO2 is very viable. MST Cordygen is another product to look at.
Ok thanks man I will check that out and I'm glad I asked you guys first.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok I will definitely do that thanks man also after a hockey season I usually burn up all my muscle and keep a little bit of fat I will go down usually to 174lbs around 12% bf. Then I bulk back up to 185lbs. My lowest I ever was after hockey season was 165lbs mind you I have started paying attention to my diet a lot more this Year and my strength has gone up as a result. So with that being said I believe what you are saying is that if I bump up my carbs since they are protein soaring I will maintain as much of my muscle mass as possible.
Why would you ever want to burn up muscle you worked so hard for? If you are dieting and losing muscle your dieting wrong period. The reason why you need more food is because how 1) How many calories you burn 2) how active you are in a sport (Hockey) 3) To maintain and optimze your training in and out of your sporting even 4) your young so your metabolism is sky high.

You should not put a limit on X or Y Weight. this is more about how you look and what is comfortable to you. At the end of the day you want to make sure every time you play hockey or workout you want to make sure your body is primed to be in the best shape and have ample energy to give yourself great workouts and progress. Never should you think about losing muscle especially when dieting. if you are doing that then you diet wrong, diet too fast, or cut calories too fast or do way too much cardio. I would keep adding. Unless you are getting hydro static tested or using a bodypod you won't get an accurate BF% Count. and Honestly those #'s are garbge. Go by the mirror. just because you are 10-11-12% who cares? nobody.. If your gaining good size, looking good in the mirror the BF% doesn't matter. Its about the mirror not a scale which is the least valuable tool when it comes to determining progress

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Solution did you a solid by first bringing your nutrition into the limelight.

Honestly....when your diet is on point the rest is sprinkles on top of the icing.

If I went back 10 years ago the advice I would give myself concerning stacks:

- Sell that entire stash of sh*t
- Eat more beef, more veggies, and less processed crap
- Stretch...Stretch...and Stretch some more
- bench to your dam chest pansy
- Squat...and squat to at least parrallel
- That's too heavy go lighter

At 20 seriously, the best thing you can do is take advantage of the fact your ramping up physically. And if you want to add something, start simple, one ingredient at a time. It's cheaper and you learn a lot about your body that way. Then y ou can start seeing how certain things are synergistic and certain things are not, and more importantly what works for you. You literally got decades of lifting in you, no need to start adding 10 ingredient formulas from the get go.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Why would you ever want to burn up muscle you worked so hard for? If you are dieting and losing muscle your dieting wrong period. The reason why you need more food is because how 1) How many calories you burn 2) how active you are in a sport (Hockey) 3) To maintain and optimze your training in and out of your sporting even 4) your young so your metabolism is sky high.

You should not put a limit on X or Y Weight. this is more about how you look and what is comfortable to you. At the end of the day you want to make sure every time you play hockey or workout you want to make sure your body is primed to be in the best shape and have ample energy to give yourself great workouts and progress. Never should you think about losing muscle especially when dieting. if you are doing that then you diet wrong, diet too fast, or cut calories too fast or do way too much cardio. I would keep adding. Unless you are getting hydro static tested or using a bodypod you won't get an accurate BF% Count. and Honestly those #'s are garbge. Go by the mirror. just because you are 10-11-12% who cares? nobody.. If your gaining good size, looking good in the mirror the BF% doesn't matter. Its about the mirror not a scale which is the least valuable tool when it comes to determining progress
I don't diet down what I am saying is that my muscle gets burned up almost like overtraining because I am on the ice 4x a week for an hour and a half averaging probably about 750-1000 cals being burned during that time. I also try to fit in weights at least 3x a week which burns roughly 400 cals. So what you are saying is if I eat a **** tonne of quality food I will not lose that precious tissue? Right now I am maintaining 185 at 3k cals a day.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Solution did you a solid by first bringing your nutrition into the limelight.

Honestly....when your diet is on point the rest is sprinkles on top of the icing.

If I went back 10 years ago the advice I would give myself concerning stacks:

- Sell that entire stash of sh*t
- Eat more beef, more veggies, and less processed crap
- Stretch...Stretch...and Stretch some more
- bench to your dam chest pansy
- Squat...and squat to at least parrallel
- That's too heavy go lighter

At 20 seriously, the best thing you can do is take advantage of the fact your ramping up physically. And if you want to add something, start simple, one ingredient at a time. It's cheaper and you learn a lot about your body that way. Then y ou can start seeing how certain things are synergistic and certain things are not, and more importantly what works for you. You literally got decades of lifting in you, no need to start adding 10 ingredient formulas from the get go.
Thanks man I will definitely note that down especially stretching. Mid way through the season my hip flexors are stiff af. This year I'll foam roll and stretch every night before bed. Also for the bench I find that if I bench to my chest it hurts my shoulders so I usually stop st about an inch above the chest.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't diet down what I am saying is that my muscle gets burned up almost like overtraining because I am on the ice 4x a week for an hour and a half averaging probably about 750-1000 cals being burned during that time. I also try to fit in weights at least 3x a week which burns roughly 400 cals. So what you are saying is if I eat a **** tonne of quality food I will not lose that precious tissue? Right now I am maintaining 185 at 3k cals a day.
You answered your own question.
Your 20... Your metabolism is sky high
your training 3x a week playing hockey 4x a week = high caloric expenditure
It is obvious you need to clearly eat more FOOD due to the energy and caloric demand you put your body through bud..

Start with a 50g carb bump. Place them mostly around 1) your workout or 2) hockey (25g pre/25g post) or simply add 50g during your training sessions or hockey sessions (HBCD, Gatorade, Powderade) to help sustain training, energy, and performance.
Being your only 20 you should handle the bump very easily because you will burn right through it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man I will definitely note that down especially stretching. Mid way through the season my hip flexors are stiff af. This year I'll foam roll and stretch every night before bed. Also for the bench I find that if I bench to my chest it hurts my shoulders so I usually stop st about an inch above the chest.
The reason it hurts your shoulders is your form. If you setup properly you won't be using your shoulders. This shows that you don't have a proper arch, and that your not benching correctly. The reason your shoulders may hurt are overactive lats / teres major and its prohbitng your chest from being activated properly

Google "Elite FTS So you think you can bench" Watch all the videos. This will help you greatly.

[video=youtube;EHx1gYTA-Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHx1gYTA-Rw[/video]

this is also a very helpful article

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/benching-with-the-pecs.html/

not going all the way down is going to place more stress on your shoulders which is why you feel that and not on your chest. Big mistake.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
You answered your own question.
Your 20... Your metabolism is sky high
your training 3x a week playing hockey 4x a week = high caloric expenditure
It is obvious you need to clearly eat more FOOD due to the energy and caloric demand you put your body through bud..

Start with a 50g carb bump. Place them mostly around 1) your workout or 2) hockey (25g pre/25g post) or simply add 50g during your training sessions or hockey sessions (HBCD, Gatorade, Powderade) to help sustain training, energy, and performance.
Being your only 20 you should handle the bump very easily because you will burn right through it.
Ok I will start consuming Gato.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
The reason it hurts your shoulders is your form. If you setup properly you won't be using your shoulders. This shows that you don't have a proper arch, and that your not benching correctly. The reason your shoulders may hurt are overactive lats / teres major and its prohbitng your chest from being activated properly

Google "Elite FTS So you think you can bench" Watch all the videos. This will help you greatly.

[video=youtube;EHx1gYTA-Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHx1gYTA-Rw[/video]

this is also a very helpful article

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/benching-with-the-pecs.html/

not going all the way down is going to place more stress on your shoulders which is why you feel that and not on your chest. Big mistake.
Ok thanks for your help I will definitely incorporate that.