I believe I have low gaba and I want a product that won't make me sleepy.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I have been taking ReduceXT and it DID help, however it didn't prevent my anxiety. It merely lessoned it. This past week, I have taken Valerine Root, which I had from months ago as a sleep aid. I noticed that after it made me sleep, all day I remained come and my brain noise so to speak was dramatically cut back. I read more about Valerian Root today and read how it increases Gaba just like xanax does. That gave me an epiphany. So, I am now looking for a gaba supplement that will not make me drowsy, or upset my stomach. I was looking at L-Theanine, however I did read that can cause GI tract issues and that is not good since I just had GERD surgery. I was wondering if there is possibly a topic product.

Ursa Major

Awards
You can by gaba powders or pills at any supplement shop. The powders works great for me and I just add it to my last shake before bed.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ The above would be a great option if you take a protein shake pre bed.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried Growth Factor XT...?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
picamilon would probably be more effective than GABA straight up, since it features increase blood brain barrier penetration.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Growth Factor XT could help you in your GABA search and also providing extras

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Growth factor a little too pricey at the moment. Some form of L-Theanine might be ideal. Do they make topical L-Theanine?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
picamilon would probably be more effective than GABA straight up, since it features increase blood brain barrier penetration.
Looked couldn't find that except for some info on the evil FDA tried to ban it in 2015.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, old thread, but I'll update it. Regular L-Theanine bloated me like crazy, but when I took Suntheanine L-Theanine I didn't seem to have that issue but it didn't work as well. Doesn't an increase in GABA also increase T levels?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, old thread, but I'll update it. Regular L-Theanine bloated me like crazy, but when I took Suntheanine L-Theanine I didn't seem to have that issue but it didn't work as well. Doesn't an increase in GABA also increase T levels?
Apart from the unfortunate bloat, did you feel any happier on the L-Theanine?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
maybe a boost in dopamine might help...now brand macuna/dopa is very reasonable.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apart from the unfortunate bloat, did you feel any happier on the L-Theanine?
With Suntheanine and regular L-Theanine, I felt more calm. With regular L-theanine, I felt super focused. I have ADD, but it seemed to have helped with that a lot. It felt not so much that it lowered anxiety directly, but that it made me hyper focused to the point where I didn't have anxiety inducing thoughts. Regular L-theanine DID also give me a pretty big headache though, that I don't recall with Suntheanine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You mean help with the bloating from L-Theanine, or help with anxiety?
macuna also increases dopamine like l-theanine...so you might get the same kind of effect without the theanine bloat...I believe it is not suggested to use them together though

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
macuna also increases dopamine like l-theanine...so you might get the same kind of effect without the theanine bloat...I believe it is not suggested to use them together though
Okay thanks. Is there any reports of GI irritation, or reflux? Literally everything herb or substance that MIGHT give you reflux has given me reflux.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Okay thanks. Is there any reports of GI irritation, or reflux? Literally everything herb or substance that MIGHT give you reflux has given me reflux.
I've done 'some' research on macuna, I've never seen that mentioned...you might google...macuna-acid reflux.