Vitamin C, when to take it?

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I have vitamin C of Now Foods; C-500 calcium ascorbate-c, when are you advised to take it?

Is it true that it is not recommended after training because it inhibits recovery? Do you know anything?
I had read it somewhere.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just take it with a meal, not pre or post workout.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I recommend taking it morning and evening. I prefer to take vitamins (unless directions say not to) on an empty stomach about 10-15 mins before I eat.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Take it split into 2 doses minimum and with water. Vitamin C is water soluble, and any amount not absorbed first pass is just excreted, hence why a split dose is advisable

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I'll make 1500 mg just waking up, fasting. 1500 mg per bed, at fasting.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I'll make 1500 mg just waking up, fasting. 1500 mg per bed, at fasting.
Good.small doses can be taken pre workout but its more due to nitrates and nitrate products contain small doses of C vit

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I recommend taking it morning and evening. I prefer to take vitamins (unless directions say not to) on an empty stomach about 10-15 mins before I eat.
Agreed. This is what i do. I actually wake up and first thing i do is down my vitamins and minerals then start making my breakfast.

S

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 750mg with my morning protein shake (1 Scoop Whey+1 Litre Water) and 750mg 15-20 minutes before Dinner with water

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone above is correct - I don't see a need to overthink it to be honest.

What I do is I buy a KG of vitamin C powder for $20-30. I take a gallon jug of water and dump a scoop that holds about 5-6 grams of vitamin c into the gallon and drink it throughout the day. You can dump a pack of Crystal Light into the gallon if you like too. It's convenient, and I make sure I get plenty of water with it that way...and I don't really think about it.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Research goes back and forth on the use of antioxidants peri-workout. Honestly, vitamin C isn't going to make a shjt of a difference either way when it comes to optimizing your gains aside from possibly keeping you healthier. I usually take 500 mg in the morning as well as 500 mg in the evening along with my other daily supps. If that so happens to be close to my workout, I really don't give it a second thought.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Research goes back and forth on the use of antioxidants peri-workout. Honestly, vitamin C isn't going to make a shjt of a difference either way when it comes to optimizing your gains aside from possibly keeping you healthier. I usually take 500 mg in the morning as well as 500 mg in the evening along with my other daily supps. If that so happens to be close to my workout, I really don't give it a second thought.
The problem is, people are overcomplicate things.
I bet we will hear this soon:
Taking a ****break pre workout = less gains

U

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take it throughout the day, 3-6 g per day.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Take it with food!!!! The body goes into vitamin/nutrient uptake mode when digesting...that's when vitamins are best digested. There's almost nothing besides stimulants that are best taken on an empty stomach. Even then, that just helps them hit you faster, not absorb better

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
In the morning I take 3 cps of Ignit3, there are problems if I also take 1500mg of a vit. C?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
In the morning I take 3 cps of Ignit3, there are problems if I also take 1500mg of a vit. C?
You really can't take too much vitamin C. It's not stored in the body, it's only absorbed by water so whatever is not utilized is just flushed out. Some minerals/vitamins can be harmful if taken in excess because they're stored in the liver or fat

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
You really can't take too much vitamin C. It's not stored in the body, it's only absorbed by water so whatever is not utilized is just flushed out. Some minerals/vitamins can be harmful if taken in excess because they're stored in the liver or fat
I have always read vitamins C. I take it only in this stressful period. Then I got off.