PA content of soy lecithin brands

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im from europe and dont have access to fearn brand. At my local shops the soy lecithin granules are declared for everything but not their PA content. Does anyone knows of soy lecithin products available in europe where the PA content is known? Whats the minimal possible PA content of soy lecithin? Is it also possible that such a product doesnt contain almost any of it?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I use optima 100% lecithin bro, 1.3g PA in 10.5g

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finally found a brand available in germany it is called allcura and has 8% pa content

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers tend to be estimated. It is very, very rare for all lecithin granules to be standardized for PA content; typically if they're standardized for anything it's total phosphadite content, and they'll have a range of PA content that's typically between 4-7%. I have seen this on numerous COAs and product-spec sheets, even for ones that list 7-8+% PA on the label. I'd aim to get at least 750mg PA, calculated with 4% PA, that way you know you should be getting at least the studied 750mg. That comes out to 18.75g lecithin granules, or about 2.5 tbsp.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im from europe and dont have access to fearn brand. At my local shops the soy lecithin granules are declared for everything but not their PA content. Does anyone knows of soy lecithin products available in europe where the PA content is known? Whats the minimal possible PA content of soy lecithin? Is it also possible that such a product doesnt contain almost any of it?
Just get a 97-98% phosphadites soy lecithin. There are literally dozens of options in Europe.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers tend to be estimated. It is very, very rare for all lecithin granules to be standardized for PA content; typically if they're standardized for anything it's total phosphadite content, and they'll have a range of PA content that's typically between 4-7%. I have seen this on numerous COAs and product-spec sheets, even for ones that list 7-8+% PA on the label. I'd aim to get at least 750mg PA, calculated with 4% PA, that way you know you should be getting at least the studied 750mg. That comes out to 18.75g lecithin granules, or about 2.5 tbsp.
This man speaks the truth. There is no standardization for PA, Fearns and Optima put estimations on their label. In other European countries, you are not allowed to do this and have to put 4-8% PA, etc. on the label.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
There are even better options. I am not even sure how a 90% phosphadites Lecithin can yield 1,3g PA in a 10,5g serving. As it is not standardized for PA, it just doesn't appear to be correct
I've had triumph and this, seems to work, shame sort of muscle fulness so I'm not complaining

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had triumph and this, seems to work, shame sort of muscle fulness so I'm not complaining
You should be fine, but I am not sure about their numbers. Should be more between 380 - 760mg for their serving. Or they really found a way to standardize it to a higher level. But it does not look like it when you look at their product site

Personally, I stick to 98% phosphadites soy lecithin and aim for the 18,75g serving as this will yield a good dose at the minimum PA level.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
You should be fine, but I am not sure about their numbers. Should be more between 380 - 760mg for their serving. Or they really found a way to standardize it to a higher level. But it does not look like it when you look at their product site

Personally, I stick to 98% phosphadites soy lecithin and aim for the 18,75g serving as this will yield a good dose at the minimum PA level.
I'll e-mail optima later and ask they're labels are wrong of if they've tested it and got those numbers

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll e-mail optima later and ask they're labels are wrong of if they've tested it and got those numbers
If they really found a way to standardize their soy lecithin to 12g PA for 100g of 90% phosphadites soy lecithin, then this would be pretty impressive, especially at this price tag.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I've e-mailed em now bro, called them out on it, if they are lying then they should change their labels, simple as that.

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've noticed Now makes a 2lb container of granules that I was going to try. Not sure if that is available in Europe.

I've used the Fearns and it's roughly the same price.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Fearn Liquid Lecithin Bottle the same as their granules?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would look at OL triumph since you get more than soy lecithin in it. Plus it's easier to drink for many than straight lecithin.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not quite. Liquid lecithin seems to have a bit less PA than de-oiled lecithin granules, with American Lecithin Company listing the PA contents as 5% and 7% respectively. Since PA in the granules tends to be a range of 4-7%, I'd figure the liquid is (4-7%)x(5/7), or ~3-5%.
http://www.americanlecithin.com/lecithin_2009.pdf
Got this from fearns:

Fearn Liquid Lecithin contains as much lecithin in one tablespoon as twelve 1200 mg Lecitin perles or 1½ level tablespoons Lecithin granules.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got this from fearns:

Fearn Liquid Lecithin contains as much lecithin in one tablespoon as twelve 1200 mg Lecitin perles or 1½ level tablespoons Lecithin granules.
That's just because the liquid lecithin is denser (one tbsp contains more) than the granules. For Fearn, 2 tbsp lecithin is listed at 15g, where 1 tbsp of the liquid is listed at 15.5g. I'm basing my calculations, as ALC is, on a percent of the dose in grams, not tablespoons. You need more grams/weight/etc of the liquid to get the same PA content as the granules, but you may not need more tablespoons, if that makes any sense.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's just because the liquid lecithin is denser (one tbsp contains more) than the granules. For Fearn, 2 tbsp lecithin is listed at 15g, where 1 tbsp of the liquid is listed at 15.5g. I'm basing my calculations, as ALC is, on a percent of the dose in grams, not tablespoons. You need more grams/weight/etc of the liquid to get the same PA content as the granules, but you may not need more tablespoons, if that makes any sense.
I was asking because 32 ounces of liquid lethicin is only 9 bucks a bottle at my local store and 7 bucks a bottle online.

pro45

Awards
LOL, I just take 1 tbls of Solgar's Soy lecithin 2x per day, and take my creatine and HMB and I'm loving the strength gains. No bloat at all.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
By the way the way optima came back to me, this is what they said.
IMG_2458.jpg