That Ashwater dose!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
They went 400mg above the studied KSM-66 dose, maybe more is better, maybe not? I'm sure you're paying for it. All the other stuff is from the usual 'cast of characters' list. Quercetin has data showing interaction with IGF-1 - up to you to do the research and decide if you want to take high levels of it (versus just eating apples and onions here and there).

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They went 400mg above the studied KSM-66 dose, maybe more is better, maybe not? I'm sure you're paying for it. All the other stuff is from the usual 'cast of characters' list. Quercetin has data showing interaction with IGF-1 - up to you to do the research and decide if you want to take high levels of it (versus just eating apples and onions here and there).
Thanks,
Yeah quercetin is not ideal. Not really something that needs to be there and usually adds quite a bit to the price.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen a study use a higher dose of ashwagandha (both higher mg total and withanolide content) that noted improved cognitive and psychomotor performance, although it was Sensoril, not KSM-66 (1000mg/day at 10% withanolides).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897003/

With that said, there's also a study with the standard 600mg/day KSM-66 that noted improved cognition, although this study was on subjects with mild cognitive impairment:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28471731

I haven't seen anything comparing the standard dose to higher doses, but it should be safe, even if it's not more effective or worth the additional cost.