PreWorkouts Dont Work For Me!!

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else in the same boat, am I just wasting money?

Background: I have a high caffeine tolerance to start with, I use to buy caffeine and stim pre workouts, I hardly felt anything, some gave me worse workoutouts. Some gave me more of a pump.

I wasted money on dirty flavours (Kage Muscle, Dedicated Nutrition) and had throw away supplements. I tried at least 6+different brands. I tried samples with no special results.

Finally i decided to make own pre workout and buy seperate ingredients so its clinical dosage and free from artificial crap, but this does not seem to be working that much..

Anyone in the same position or similar story?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
When my pre quits working for me I usually take a break.

But recently I haven't used a stimmed version of a pre workout in about 2 years or so. I might take a scoop here or there. Just recently I started using DMAA enhanced BCAAs but not everyday (Off the Chain Green Apple is SO DAMN GOOD)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take some time off till caffeine gets off your system man..

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, it depends. For me, it's 3 days. And my caffeine intake is only 200mg. If it's DMAA, it's usually gone in 24hrs. It's just my personal experience.

But, I would suggest take at least 5 days off since you have a high tolerance and then get back. You should be on the wagon without any problem.

Good luck

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try psycho pharma edge of insanity
First head of it, but will not buy as still has proprietry blend. So could just be loaded with stim. Just personal option, you maybe happy with it

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
First off we need to know what YOU look for in a pre workout.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
How long you think for?
I myself would stop all stim preworkouts for about a month, and then slowly jump back into them

yotreeman

yotreeman

Awards
Anyone else in the same boat, am I just wasting money?

Background: I have a high caffeine tolerance to start with, I use to buy caffeine and stim pre workouts, I hardly felt anything, some gave me worse workoutouts. Some gave me more of a pump.

I wasted money on dirty flavours (Kage Muscle, Dedicated Nutrition) and had throw away supplements. I tried at least 6+different brands. I tried samples with no special results.

Finally i decided to make own pre workout and buy seperate ingredients so its clinical dosage and free from artificial crap, but this does not seem to be working that much..

Anyone in the same position or similar story?
Take higher dosages, or get one with DMAA.

You said it yourself, you have a high caffeine tolerance. Why would you expect to "feel" an amount of caffeine equivalent to a cup of coffee or two?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take higher dosages, or get one with DMAA.

You said it yourself, you have a high caffeine tolerance. Why would you expect to "feel" an amount of caffeine equivalent to a cup of coffee or two?
It's always better to take time off than take a higher dose. The more time off you give to stim pre-workout, the better.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
This. What are you looking for in a pre? Do you train first thing in the morning? Later in the day? Work a physical labor job so you need a little giddee up when you train after? Or are you one of those people that need to feel "euphoria" just to make it in?

tailoredgains

Awards
This happens to my boyfriend. A preworkout will work for 3 days max for him and then does nothing. He is used to taking high stims and 1,3 dimethyl and DMAA.

I would recommend taking an adrenal reset which means you should stop taking anything with stimulants for 4-6 weeks while taking the adrenal reset. You should do this twice a year.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good simple question, thinking about it I just always saw pre workout as something one can take to allow you to have a better workout, less tiredness and help increase muscle building.

I been looking for something that would allow me to - aid to push heavier weight, break the current plateau and aid with muscle building. Eg Citrulline Malate - promote muscle growth?

Is not most the ingredients apart from stims and focus aids there to promote muscle growth?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys I probably do need break, just hard to let go of the coffees when you have nespresso machine!

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Good simple question, thinking about it I just always saw pre workout as something one can take to allow you to have a better workout, less tiredness and help increase muscle building.

I been looking for something that would allow me to - aid to push heavier weight, break the current plateau and aid with muscle building. Eg Citrulline Malate - promote muscle growth?

Is not most the ingredients apart from stims and focus aids there to promote muscle growth?
As far as ergogenic ingredients to aid in muscle growth, id look into an all around product such as Olympus labs Tr1umph. Phosha Acid found in tr1umph is a proven ingredient as well as ARA from X GELS. Both dosed as a "pre workout" supplement.

As far as an actual pre workout powder goes, thats where personal preference comes into play. Have you ever tried DMAA, DMHA, eria jarensis, or just caffeine stim based pre's?

Reactions: 00A
00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as ergogenic ingredients to aid in muscle growth, id look into an all around product such as Olympus labs Tr1umph. Phosha Acid found in tr1umph is a proven ingredient as well as ARA from X GELS. Both dosed as a "pre workout" supplement.

As far as an actual pre workout powder goes, thats where personal preference comes into play. Have you ever tried DMAA, DMHA, eria jarensis, or just caffeine stim based pre's?
I will give Olympus Labs Reign a try when it comes out.. ARA XGels was thinking to take that but currently started Follidrone and not good combination. I live in the UK, so the rules on DMAA and DMHA not sure if they banned or not, but only option have order from America

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Thanks guys I probably do need break, just hard to let go of the coffees when you have nespresso machine!
My thing is you don't have to go cold turkey. You can still have a cup or two of coffee, even some tea. But just drop the pre workouts/fat burners, etc.

Give you body a chance to get used to a cup or 2 of coffee

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will give Olympus Labs Reign a try when it comes out.. ARA XGels was thinking to take that but currently started Follidrone and not good combination. I live in the UK, so the rules on DMAA and DMHA not sure if they banned or not, but only option have order from America
If you don't want to take a break and get your system cleaned up faster, try Amino PM. It works pretty well is what I heard from few people.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don't want to take a break and get your system cleaned up faster, try Amino PM. It works pretty well is what I heard from few people.
Nice product but contains to much, Im taking Kings Blood test booster, so the extra mucuna and ashwagandha not good for me, Also noticed the product contains Licorice which is know to reduce testosterone!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What non stims have you ran? If you take a stim break you can still use something like Vasomax. That way you still get a pump plus a bump in focus. Once you learn to not rely on stims, nootropics can become very useful as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said a good two week stim break would be a good option. Then you can go back to your homebrew or mesomorph or something like that, that will kick in after your break.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thing is you don't have to go cold turkey. You can still have a cup or two of coffee, even some tea. But just drop the pre workouts/fat burners, etc.

Give you body a chance to get used to a cup or 2 of coffee
This. No need to go cold turkey, especially giving the amount of caffeine it sounds like you need to get a buzz. Drop a cup of coffee per week until you get to nothing. Then I would suggest not having caffeine for two weeks or so after. You will feel lower stim options again, trust me.

If you're nervous about the lack of caffeine impairing your productivity at work or mental state, you could use a nootropic product. These products combine smaller doses of caffeine with nootropics that increase focus and even elevate mood. NootropiMax could be beneficial in that case.

jisatsuguy

Awards
Agmatine has helped lower my caffeine tolerance, mesomorph now hits me like I want it to. I dose a gram first thing in the morning. I used to have to cycle mesomorph 2x a week with gameday in between, but I've been running mesomorph for a week and haven't noticed the tolerance build up that I used to before supplementing with agmatine

jisatsuguy

Awards
Agmatine has helped lower my caffeine tolerance, mesomorph now hits me like I want it to. I dose a gram first thing in the morning. I used to have to cycle mesomorph 2x a week with gameday in between, but I've been running mesomorph for a week and haven't noticed the tolerance build up that I used to before supplementing with agmatine
Not sure if it helped with the dmaa tolerance tho... but I did notice that my first cup of coffee in the morning really gets the job done now instead of 2-3 cups

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
This. No need to go cold turkey, especially giving the amount of caffeine it sounds like you need to get a buzz. Drop a cup of coffee per week until you get to nothing. Then I would suggest not having caffeine for two weeks or so after. You will feel lower stim options again, trust me.

If you're nervous about the lack of caffeine impairing your productivity at work or mental state, you could use a nootropic product. These products combine smaller doses of caffeine with nootropics that increase focus and even elevate mood. NootropiMax could be beneficial in that case.
I am using Nootropimax. Fantastic product!