Best supp to help prevent muscle loss?

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey looking to put a cutting stack together and I've decided on EC and reduce xt. Anything else you would recommend to help prevent muscle loss? Will be starting ec and reduce xt at beginning, then add Y at the end with faster cardio if I hit plateau. I've thought about HMB, but not really sold on it yet.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a solid setup. I wouldn't complicate the stack too much by adding in too many products/ingredients. More isn't always better. Just keep your protein intake high and keep lifting heavy, don't try to cut too quickly, and get enough rest - that should be all you need to keep your muscle.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food is the most anabolic component over and above supplements.. Very slow calorie surplus. Dont do any low carb lower calorie diets etc.. 500 calorie surplus and lift heavy. You will lose next to no muscle. Ive tried a ton of diets but now i just do a surplus and keep protein around 1-1.2g per pound of bodyweight. Your EC stack will see to the hunger and extra fat loss. Then its justwillpower from thier onwards.

Whats your starting weight and goal weight?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Add Forskolin to your stack and be sure protein intake is high, should be solid

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Food is the most anabolic component over and above supplements.. Very slow calorie surplus. Dont do any low carb lower calorie diets etc.. 500 calorie surplus and lift heavy. You will lose next to no muscle. Ive tried a ton of diets but now i just do a surplus and keep protein around 1-1.2g per pound of bodyweight. Your EC stack will see to the hunger and extra fat loss. Then its justwillpower from thier onwards.

Whats your starting weight and goal weight?
Starting at 215 14% 2nd goal is 205 which would put me at 10%. And I knew what ya meant lol

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've thought about that, and I've been eyeing Shift. Anyone had experience with ec and Shift? I'm pretty stim tolerant so I'm not too worried about the synephrine in shift. Mostly worried that if I added it i wouldn't ever be hungry lol

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
EC will actually help prevent catabolism depending on your dosage as it reduces nitrogen loss

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great starting point.

Have you tried EC before?
Ya I'm a big fan. I'm actually going to play college sports this fall, and looking to get cut up before I can no longer use ephedrine because NCAA drug policies lol. If all goes well might even try for 8% bf and then long slow lean bulk all fall and winter before the baseball season starts.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've thought about that, and I've been eyeing Shift. Anyone had experience with ec and Shift? I'm pretty stim tolerant so I'm not too worried about the synephrine in shift. Mostly worried that if I added it i wouldn't ever be hungry lol
Extensive experience, Forskolin is synergistic with beta agonists (Ephedrine) and I almost always include both in my tougher cutting phases.

Utilizing additional liberated fatty acids before breaking down lean tissue = pure win

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Extensive experience, Forskolin is synergistic with beta agonists (Ephedrine) and I almost always include both in my tougher cutting phases.

Utilizing additional liberated fatty acids before breaking down lean tissue = pure win
Thanks for your info. Was about to order some shift, and saw some TTA 500 on sale. Ever tries that? Figured I could atleast buy and save for another cut if it's on sale.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
TTA is a different experience, you only really "feel" the side effects but it is well liked for results

I might suggest running them separately though so you can accurately form an opinion on each

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this. The studies behind forskolin are great. If you're already running EC, I would not add an additional fat burner with forskolin, I would just buy the standalone ingredient. PES sells it. Here is some good info on forskolin.

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

The total body weight of a mixed group of men and women in a 12-week study decreased from 74.7 kilograms to 73.5 kilograms while experiencing increases in lean body mass (without weight training).
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

https://legionathletics.com/forskolin/

http://www.infinitelabs.com/forskolin-reviews/

Concerning Y, you can definitely add that. If you do not respond well to yohimbine, some people get jittery, anxious, and other poor side effects from it, you could look into Alpha-Y. It serves the same purpose, but does not come with the ill side effects. TA-2Max could be worth adding. You can also save 20% by adding it to your cart and then an additional 5% with forum code AM5

https://www.nutri-verse.com/ta-2-max-by-performax-labs/

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about muscle loss if it's going to cost a lot of $$$. The HMB-Ca is a good buy though. If you are training the muscles properly (freq, vol, intensity), the body won't want to get rid of the tissue. Now, if you are a 270lb Pro who's going to do a 20 week Contest Prep at 1500kcals.... ok, maybe we need a different plan. But for the other 99.9% who are going to just drop 500-750kcals below TDEE and still train hard and heavy - "Muscle Loss" is a marketing boogey-man IMO.