Aminos

Roobske

Awards
Which aminos are you guys using. I've been using aminos from Evl. Looking for other possible options.

celliem

celliem

Awards
I love Evl's aminos. I'm using lean energy. It is one of the better aminos from what I've researched.

Why are y ou looking for a different one?

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Scivation Xtend has been in my rotation when I'm not wanting the caffeine from HyperAmino which I use quite a bit.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Xtend is probably the most popular one that comes to my mind. I've used alpha amino and juiced by animal and those are pretty good as well.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Which aminos are you guys using. I've been using aminos from Evl. Looking for other possible options.
EAA over BCAA any day of the week, and twice on Sunday... IF, you can't possibly consume some form of protein ~60 min pre-training.

Probably all you ever need to know:

https://www.google.com/#q=muscle+protein+synthesis+stuart+phillips

See this part, of this:

Thus, as we speculated (Churchward-Venne et al., 2014), consumption of crystalline BCAA resulted in competitive antagonism for uptake from the gut and into the muscle and was actually not as effective as leucine alone in stimulating MPS. Despite the popularity of BCAA supplements we find shockingly little evidence for their efficacy in promoting MPS or lean mass gains and would advise the use of intact proteins as opposed to a purified combination of BCAA that appear to antagonize each other in terms of transport both into circulation and likely in to the muscle (Churchward-Venne et al., 2014).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4558471/

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some of my top favorites:
Xtend/Xtend Perform
AEN Intrabolic
Core ABC
Granite Amino's
Omega Sports Strive

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Scivation Xtend (all variations)
Olympus Labs Endur3(+)
PES Amino IV
AEN Intrabolic
Ghost Amino

These are my regulars. I don't like caffeine in my intras/bcaas

IFBBBradRowe

IFBBBradRowe

Awards
EAA are extremely overlooked. Aminotaur from AD is a BCAA/EAA mix giving 7g BCAA 5g EAA and 1.5g L-carnitine per scoop

celliem

celliem

Awards
EAA are extremely overlooked. Aminotaur from AD is a BCAA/EAA mix giving 7g BCAA 5g EAA and 1.5g L-carnitine per scoop
Thanks for the suggestion. This would decrease the need for the carnitine I already take in pills.

IFBBBradRowe

IFBBBradRowe

Awards
Thanks for the suggestion. This would decrease the need for the carnitine I already take in pills.
A great multipurpose product. I start my day with 1 scoop whether I do "fasted" cardio or not and use it as my pre and intra training nutrition. Cola is my go to flavor.

celliem

celliem

Awards
A great multipurpose product. I start my day with 1 scoop whether I do "fasted" cardio or not and use it as my pre and intra training nutrition. Cola is my go to flavor.
That is how I would use it. Thanks.