Mopping up a few days off? (Cheat)

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Got the birthday coming up this friday so was wondering whats use would recommend getting to stave off as much fat gain?

Ive got my birthday Friday and a night out saturday and ofcourse the Sunday hangover.. I know folk will say dont eat unhealthy or drink etc but it really is a one off for me and diet wise is good. I just want to relax this time and enjoy myself without worrying as much

I have Evomuse DCP.. Olymous labs Assasinate here. What else could i add to my arsenal to try keep the calories from just turning to fat? I cant get Defuse (Evomuse)

Any ideas folk?

Thanks

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A few days of cheating when you normally eat clean wont impact you much at all. just hop right back on your diet afterwards

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^^^ should be fine. Throw in a couple cardio sessions. Try adding glycophase with some of your carb heavy meals this weekend to help you get the most out of those fast acting carbs. Since you're an evomuse fan slintensity would be a great option as well

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
A few days off your diet might even be beneficial. I wouldn't stress it too much. If you were really concerned you could drop calories this week 200-300 per day so your net weekly total would be lower, but I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I would use DCP or a nutrient partitioner before any huge meals to help with digestion and bloating. But if you jump back into your routine on Monday and hit a little extra cardio you'll be just fine

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

Got the birthday coming up this friday so was wondering whats use would recommend getting to stave off as much fat gain?

Ive got my birthday Friday and a night out saturday and ofcourse the Sunday hangover.. I know folk will say dont eat unhealthy or drink etc but it really is a one off for me and diet wise is good. I just want to relax this time and enjoy myself without worrying as much

I have Evomuse DCP.. Olymous labs Assasinate here. What else could i add to my arsenal to try keep the calories from just turning to fat? I cant get Defuse (Evomuse)

Any ideas folk?

Thanks
These folks should be shunned. Enjoy your life brother. Like others have said, if you adhere to a clean diet and good training most of the time, a weekend off won't kill you at all. You'll probably look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man on Monday (assuming you feed your Sunday hangover with the necessary greasy/fatty/carbs that it shall require), but most of it will be bloat that will be gone by Thursday, if you get back on your regular diet/training routine. I'm sure you'll be able to knock off what little actual fat you do gain in no time.

From a comfort standpoint, Chaos & Pain Predator really helps me with bloat

TSMilliner

Awards
Agree with all, live your life. Unless your training for something imminent (triathlon, contest, etc) instead of the ongoing training cycles most of us follow, a weekend of partying will probably help you more than hurts. It will wash away any anxiety and give your body a rest.

It may take you a few days to sweat out all of the toxins and bloat, but as long as you jump back on it after the weekend and drink massive quantities of water to flush you'll be fine.

This is of course assuming your still young, if not you might just die from too hard a weekend and will take months to recover.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks alot guys i appreciate all the positive comments!

Im 500 calories above maintenance at the moment but Friday Saturday Sunday im certain will be well above this. As you lot are saying im gonna live my life. Just trying to mop up as much damage as i can lol But... Is it even possible ? Nutritient Partitioner help?

I can add cardio to the friday/saturday but the sunday im certain i will be bed bound so thats off limits. I dont mind some fat gain as its just part of the process though

Again... Thanks for being so laid back about it

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
You could try Glycophase pre large cheat meals. Also have heard good things about Slintensity and Predator.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established

Im 500 calories above maintenance at the moment but Friday Saturday Sunday im certain will be well above this. As you lot are saying im gonna live my life. Just trying to mop up as much damage as i can lol But... Is it even possible ? Nutritient Partitioner help?

I can add cardio to the friday/saturday but the sunday im certain i will be bed bound so thats off limits. I dont mind some fat gain as its just part of the process though

I question whether or not it's really possible. I'm not keen on all of the science behind each side's arguments, but people often argue for and against the efficacy of GDA's/nutrient partitioners on these boards. I just take them with large cheat meals to help with the bloating. They just make me physically feel better (less bloated).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You've got to enjoy life brother! One weekend off won't hurt you. And you likely won't destroy as much progress as you are thinking you will

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Look, if you're going to be bothered by what will happen, you could always do a micro-cut on Tues-Wed-Thurs at BMR or slightly above, using high Protein low Carb (since you will probably be having a metric boat load of carbs on the weekend). Your weekly average would probably balance out, or at least not be astronomically high.

But that gets into - "do I have unhealthy mental shjt going on" :D Because like everyone has said - a few days will not do too much damage. Read studies on holiday season binges on Examine - not too much to worry about, IMO.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look, if you're going to be bothered by what will happen, you could always do a micro-cut on Tues-Wed-Thurs at BMR or slightly above, using high Protein low Carb (since you will probably be having a metric boat load of carbs on the weekend). Your weekly average would probably balance out, or at least not be astronomically high.

But that gets into - "do I have unhealthy mental shjt going on" :D Because like everyone has said - a few days will not do too much damage. Read studies on holiday season binges on Examine - not too much to worry about, IMO.
Thanks i appreciate that.

I use to be heavy (Fat) had a bmi of 31 and was 4.5 stone heavier than i am now. Ive worked very hard the last 3 year and got to a nice bodyfat % and a good physique so im proud of what ive achieved so you know how the mind works and trys to keep this physique. Im not gonna slow up this weekend and hold back. As you lot are saying im gonna enjoy it.

TSMilliner

Awards
Thanks i appreciate that.

I use to be heavy (Fat) had a bmi of 31 and was 4.5 stone heavier than i am now. Ive worked very hard the last 3 year and got to a nice bodyfat % and a good physique so im proud of what ive achieved so you know how the mind works and trys to keep this physique. Im not gonna slow up this weekend and hold back. As you lot are saying im gonna enjoy it.
All the more reason to cut yourself some slack for a few days. Understand where you are coming from though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One weekend won't hurt, enjoy your life. You could add a GDA for your cheat days or meals and just utilize the product then. SlinMax, Glycophase, SlinTensity are good options.

IFBBBradRowe

IFBBBradRowe

Awards
As most stated above, the weekend wont break you. But I understand how we are all headcases. So drop cals a bit these next few days, do a little extra cardio then back on track mid day Sunday and you could just continue at a slightly lower caloric intake for a couple days after. A GDA like Matador helps partition nutrients as mentioned. Biggest key is getting proper rest and hydration come Sunday/Monday. The food isnt the bad part its the booze (but again enjoy the damn weekend with no regrets) alcohol reduces protein synthesis and fat oxidation and takes a few days for the effects to go away. Happy early bday!

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
As most stated above, the weekend wont break you. But I understand how we are all headcases. So drop cals a bit these next few days, do a little extra cardio then back on track mid day Sunday and you could just continue at a slightly lower caloric intake for a couple days after. A GDA like Matador helps partition nutrients as mentioned. Biggest key is getting proper rest and hydration come Sunday/Monday. The food isnt the bad part its the booze (but again enjoy the damn weekend with no regrets) alcohol reduces protein synthesis and fat oxidation and takes a few days for the effects to go away. Happy early bday!
Good point on hydration. Besides needing it for your assumed hangover, it will help with the bloated look. For me, that's always the worst. I'm always horrified the Monday after a big weekend cheat with how "fat" I got. But then I remind myself that most of it is bloating and I'm usually back to within my normal looks by Thursday.

If you eat clean and train well most of the time, your biggest concern should be how sh*tty your hangover is going to be, not how much fat you're going to gain! Have fun bro!

IFBBBradRowe

IFBBBradRowe

Awards
Good point on hydration. Besides needing it for your assumed hangover, it will help with the bloated look. For me, that's always the worst. I'm always horrified the Monday after a big weekend cheat with how "fat" I got. But then I remind myself that most of it is bloating and I'm usually back to within my normal looks by Thursday.

If you eat clean and train well most of the time, your biggest concern should be how sh*tty your hangover is going to be, not how much fat you're going to gain! Have fun bro!
That morning after heavy drinking and some grub you look full and dry as hell though!! Then its the next day that the "wtf did I do to myself" feeling kicks in.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for such positive comments guys i really appreciate how laid back everyone is.

Im gonna just do as most suggest and not worry too much about it.

I will enjoy my bday and also the night out....Not so much the hangover lol But...I know in a couple weeks time i will just appear as things are right now and have had a good time

Thanks again

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
more importantly, than all this GDA talk to mitigate the sodium bloat / water retention, is eat some potassium rich foods after its all over and will bring that water down

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'd up my Potassium - you *know* all that food is going to be loaded with Sodium. I shoot for a gram or two more K than NaCl. But that's "majoring in the minors" territory. Look at it this way - Eric Helms figures it takes at least THREE days of eating at maintenance or above, to bring all the hormones back in line to homeostatic levels (not just a single "cheat" meal, or even day - hence why diet breaks are now in vogue, and not "cheat" anything). So depending on how long you've been "dieting" - you're probably doing yourself a favor :D Sort of a "1 step back, 2 steps forward thing" :D

Edit: Ok, I obviously didn't read Darkhorse 192's post :D ^^^^^ YES! :thumbsup:

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Nothing. Do nothing different.
Yea, in the end, this is probably the best advice. I remember one year I became crazy around the holidays. I was trying to perfectly time doses of na-r-ala, cinnamon, and a whole bunch of other stuff around my big meals. In the end, it really did nothing for the huge meals that I was consuming. Now I learn to just relax and enjoy holidays, special occasions, and random weeknights nights when work is stressful, the babies are crying, and I just need to eat an entire f*cking cake by myself.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update guys...

163 pounds pre birthday binge and 173 pounds post workout binge ????? lol

How much water weight? A dont trust the scales anyhow but my face has seriously bloated and round my waist.

Was goooooood though and i had a great time. Will these extra pounds fall off in a couple weeks?

Thanks

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update guys...

163 pounds pre birthday binge and 173 pounds post workout binge ????? lol

How much water weight? A dont trust the scales anyhow but my face has seriously bloated and round my waist.

Was goooooood though and i had a great time. Will these extra pounds fall off in a couple weeks?

Thanks
You should be able to knock it back off in a week or less w clean diet

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have literally held 12+lbs of water from a high sodium day and moved it in 24 hrs just return to normal eating, and eat some high potassium foods and relish in how good that weekend was....no damage done

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheers guys

I have a good diet over and above that weekend so a will be back on track again in no time

Comeuppance

Awards
Cheers guys

I have a good diet over and above that weekend so a will be back on track again in no time
Aye - don't stress. Once you have established a solid metabolism, a few days off is just that. You're not gonna fall off the wagon if you have a few drinks and take it easy for a weekend. Honestly, I feel like it does a lot of good to take a few days off and fully recover - additionally, you'll likely hit the next few workouts a little harder and make up for whatever caloric surplus you might be concerned about.

Your body doesn't metabolize everything you eat anyway. A lot of that stuff just comes out the back end of yeh. Just enjoy it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Recent Examine article:

https://examine.com/nutrition/does-daily-weighing-help-you-lose-weight/

Note this part: (and why "Bro I gained 10 pounds! on Supplement X" always has to be back-checked) -

The mass of different people’s poop and your pee can vary tremendously, and hence impact your scale weight. In fact the daily mass of poop can vary from around 15 grams to around 1.5 kg (0.03 pounds to 3.3 pounds … which is a scary large amount of poop) between different people. Heavy people have heavier poop, because they eat more, and fiber can also have a major impact on poop weight.

Urine output is also quite variable, ranging from around 0.6 kg to 2.6 kg (1.3 pounds to 5.7 pounds) when at least somewhat hydrated.
Since the average person stores around 500 grams (1.1lbs) of combined glycogen in their muscles and liver (although that can get to over 1000 grams (2.2lbs +) in some people), and glycogen is bound to water (which increases the weight by quite a bit ((3:1 - 4:1)) ), daily carb intake can have huge impacts on your scale weight.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
166.4 pounds this morning so its dropping off ?