Muscle size and strength gainer

Armstrong87

Awards
Here is my story! I started working out and eating semi-healthy since the first of the year, I went from 225# to 170# and now I feel a little to skinny and want to get some size on my arms and chest. I'm not no pro body builder and want your opinion on a supplent(s) to help me gain some size and strength. Thanks for your help in advance!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Food ftw. Bump ur cal intake up 100/day every week, when the scales start moving up start incteasing training volume. This will be far more effective than any supplements to begin with (supps when u plateau).

alexb13

alexb13

Awards
What Benny said is pretty much spot on. However Creatine is a very safe, cheap, effective supplement that WILL increase size and strength

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arachidonic acid. SNS XGELS.

alexb13

alexb13

Awards
Arachadonic acid is amazing.... Also a little more dangerous than Creatine

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taking a joint support such as SNS CISSUS XT and joint support XT would greatly aid with the inflammation that ARA poses.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Food: you'll have to experiment on what style of dieting works best for you, but the reality is that you need to be in a calorie surplus to gain muscle.

Training: lots of heavy compound lifts, decent volume, frequency and most importantly rest. If your not sure your training is up to snuff, there are alot of great choices out there, to get you on the right path. IE: 5-3-1, Starting Strength, DC Training, German volume etc...

Basic Supps: a good preworkout can go a long way to helpn if you need some modivatuin to get going(mentally or physically). Usually have two choices: Stim, and Non-Stim. I prefer PES' High Volume, and will add some caffiene if I need a pick me up. On the stronger stim side, Mesomorph is definetely a board favorite.

An all in one ergogenic will give you you're best bang on the staple ingrediants, which tend to have the most science benhind them anyway. I use OL's Tr1umph, but Ergonine and Finish Line are also two solid choices.

Multivitamins can't hurt, and incase your afraid your diet is leaving you deficient picking up a good one can be peace of mind. PES' true Multi is a great choices with some extra goodies. Orange Triad is also very popular on here. Can't go wrong with either.

As far as any other supps go, just save the money for new clothes and more quality food. You'll be better off in the end.

Armstrong87

Awards
Thanks for the replies, I have been taking 4 grams of creatine in my protein shake, a mega men one a day multi, and eating lots of chicken, steaks and some pork. I have been working out with 110# (10 sets of 10 reps). Just seems like I'm not getting anywhere.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the replies, I have been taking 4 grams of creatine in my protein shake, a mega men one a day multi, and eating lots of chicken, steaks and some pork. I have been working out with 110# (10 sets of 10 reps). Just seems like I'm not getting anywhere.
U eating enough carbs? U need to track ur macros to figure out how ur body likes to grow. For me, 350-400g carbs/day (3500+cal) gets my body into an anabolic state with heavy lifting & progressive overload.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest getting your caloric intake to a spot where you are comfortable with the type of weight you are putting on. I think when you get that down you could have some nice success with SNS Betaine Anhydrous. There is a lot if research behind it showing both strength, size, and overall body changes provided diet and training are taken care of. 100 gram bottles at a really good price if you look around.

Armstrong87

Awards
On average how many carbs/calories should I be taking in, I really have not been tracking that, as I went on a diet to loose weight, I was a lil plump haha. Thanks for all the advice fellas!

Armstrong87

Awards
Btw, I'm 30 years old, 5'9" and currently standing at around 175#

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
U eating enough carbs? U need to track ur macros to figure out how ur body likes to grow. For me, 350-400g carbs/day (3500+cal) gets my body into an anabolic state with heavy lifting & progressive overload.
We must be very similar. This is 100% spot on for what I need to grow. I'd argue though, that I have some of the worst genetics for this sport, than most anyone on this board.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How old are you? What are you currently taking? How long have you consistently followed a structured training program and diet?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Christ, WTF is he doing?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
You don't need carbs to grow, you need to be in a calorie surplus, do a TDEE (type it into Google) and get yourself a food tracking app unless you want to keep a diary? Take maintenance calories it tells you and add 300kcal see how you feel in a week if it's too much drop it by 100kcal if you're not putting any one add 100kcal and adjust accordingly :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out an Anabeta elite, x gels, and triumph. That is an awesome natty stack to pack on muscle and size.