Any herbs for sinusitis?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen two doctors and they've told me they don't know what the issue is, of course they also didn't give me a CT scan. One told me to see an allergist, which I am going to do but I just had surgery on my stomach and can't really move around too much right now. I really need something that might help. I've tried nasal sprays and allergy medicine like zytec, but none of that works.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My Buddie swears by doing the Neil Med sinus rinse with silver biotics(colloidal silver)
I've done it with grape seed extract before and it helps

APC80

APC80

Awards
I've got sinusitis atm woke up by headache that feels like I'm getting stabbed in the eye at 2:30 then just one now at 6am it's doing my head in. Just about to get up as my sleeps ****ed yet again for another night this week. Try eating garlic every day it worked before for me, meant to clean your blood out or something. I actually forgot about it till I started typing this lol

slk28

Awards
It all starts in your stomach. Organic Apple cider vinegar - Any supplement with Synepherine (or eat lime with a tad of peel)- American Gingseng tea. But you must also eliminate all forms of dairy.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
My Buddie swears by doing the Neil Med sinus rinse...
I'll second this part. You can get a "kit" at Walmart with a squeeze bottle and 50 packets of NaCl and Bicarb for about $10. Grab a gallon of Distilled water too. WebMd, etc... shows that the current thinking initially, is to let it run it's course, with anti-biotics a last resort (talk to your doctor). I had what I thought was Sinusitis (maybe it wasn't, but it sure felt like the other times) and I "Double Packeted" the Medi-Rinse 2x/day - worked for me. I added NOTHING extra though - just the supplied packets.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It all starts in your stomach. Organic Apple cider vinegar - Any supplement with Synepherine (or eat lime with a tad of peel)- American Gingseng tea. But you must also eliminate all forms of dairy.
I've heard Organic Apple cider vinegar is great for a lot of things. I'm actually thinking about picking up a bottle and taking a shot each morning. I've been reading up on it.

APC80

APC80

Awards
My Buddie swears by doing the Neil Med sinus rinse with silver biotics(colloidal silver)
Just ordered the Neil Med sinus rinse from amazon for £13 well worth it if it means I don't have to take antibiotics off the dr.

It'll arrive tomorrow so I'll let ya know how it goes OP.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just ordered the Neil Med sinus rinse from amazon for £13 well worth it if it means I don't have to take antibiotics off the dr.

It'll arrive tomorrow so I'll let ya know how it goes OP.
Hope it helps. Can Research different rinse additives too. Some people do baking soda, peroxide, gse, colloidal silver, oregano oil, etc. Shove it all up there! Haha also can't source it now but some people eat kim chi(spelling) due to the healthy bacteria and rub some in nostrils and swear by it.

Sinus stuff sucks man. Good luck

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh and use distilled water like the old guy said

APC80

APC80

Awards
Hope it helps. Can Research different rinse additives too. Some people do baking soda, peroxide, gse, colloidal silver, oregano oil, etc. Shove it all up there! Haha also can't source it now but some people eat kim chi(spelling) due to the healthy bacteria and rub some in nostrils and swear by it.

Sinus stuff sucks man. Good luck
Thanks mate I think I'll skip the peroxide and oregano oil for now lol the worst thing about it is putting off my DMZ and stano cycle I was meant to start on Monday due to not knowing if I'm gonna have to be on antibiotics or not.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Potentially bromelain:
This trial documents that the proteolytic pineapple enzyme Bromelain-POS is widely used in the treatment of young children diagnosed with acute sinusitis in Germany and that the use of proteolytic enzymes can benefit such patients.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15796206
Preliminary results indicate good tolerability, symptom control, and improvement in QoL for the treatment of CRS using bromelain tablets (500 FIP).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24273953

And here's some info on natural treatment of sinusitis:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17217321
It mentions bromelain, NAC, quercetin, Undecylenic acid, and Urtica dioica (Stinging Nettle) for supplements, as well as treatments including nasal irrigation, and Naso-Sympatico Treatment, considerations like air quality, and dietary factors (including dairy, wheat, and corn).

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also guys I should point out, that I have used a nettie pot and that doesn't do anything, although I did just try the packets it came with. Sometimes when I try using it though, one side will be so closed the water is blocked from even entering. Also, I've been on gerd meds for years and just gout off last week. I had gerd surgery two weeks ago and thankfully dont seem to need the meds now.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
U just posted EXACTLY why i was gonna say to stay away from a netti pot. Be careful bc ur issue can lead to ear infrction if u blocked off that badly.

Also, dont dont dont start Afrin. If u are on it, this is gonna be a battle... signed, former member of Afrin Anonymous who also can't netti pot through a blocked sinus.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just looked up bromelain and don't think I can take it, due to reviews talking about it causing digestive issues. I just had surgery for gerd, so I'm weary of taking enzymes that might counteract what the surgery is meant to do.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm leaning on trying Stinging Nettle. Any brands I should get and should I get root, or leaf extract?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm leaning on trying Stinging Nettle. Any brands I should get and should I get root, or leaf extract?
The study referenced specified 2 capsules of "300mg of freeze-dried Urtica dioica," which doesn't seem to even specifiy an extract, but perhaps just freeze-dried powder. I see some freeze-dried urtica dioica capsules (300mg) for what comes out to be somewhere between $7-13/month using 2 caps per day.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is stinging nettle with blood pressure? I just read it can raise it. Mine is high now, but that's because I can't breath correctly.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is stinging nettle with blood pressure? I just read it can raise it. Mine is high now, but that's because I can't breath correctly.
Mechanisms underlying the antihypertensive properties of Urtica dioica.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27585814
It is concluded that U. dioica can produce hypotensive responses, through a vasorelaxing effect mediated by the release of endothelial nitric oxide and the opening of potassium channels, and through a negative inotropic action.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12020933
In conclusion, the results demonstrate an acute hypotensive action of U. dioica that indicates a direct effect on the cardiovascular system.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11025144

That seems to suggest it lowers blood pressure if anything.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wouldnt raising NO cause vasodilation, which is a cause of sinus congestion?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I'm going to buy stinging nettle and grape seed extract. Between the two, hopefully one will work. It seems they can both cause stomach upset in higher dosages, but low dose is okay. I guess we'll see.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, Grape Seed didn't do anything but cause me to have a mild stomach upset. I should have clarified. I have dry sinuses, bone dry. My eyes aren't dry, my mouth ins't dry, just my sinuses. Saline doesn't work, a nattie pot doesnt work and prescriptions sprays I've used don't work.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Vaseline rubbed inside the nasal cavity works wonders and also I had a scab in my nasal cavity that naseptin cured brilliantly.
Try breathing the steam from a bowl of hot water with a couple of drops of tea tree oil added before you use the Vaseline

APC80

APC80

Awards
This has worked wonders for me so far haven't had a headache since starting it and sinuses are clear for the first time in weeks. I just used the packets that came with it. Hope I'm not speaking too soon tho lol

slk28

Awards
1. Cut out dairy totally

2. Limit wheat

3. Synpherine - Yohimbine - organic Apple cider vinegar

4. Probiotics might help