Amino IV (old version) brownish powder?

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Is the Amino IV (old version) Blueberry burst suppose to have a brownish powder?

Got mine today and it was pretty clumped up but after a run in the mixer it was again a fine powder but i cant ever recall having a brownish (almost sand in colour) powder in a amino product.

The EXP date is 09/2018 and it came fully sealed, both outer and inner.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Watermelon IV has some brown as well.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
What is it that makes it go brown?
PES support said that leucine can turn brown over time but I have never seen that over the 20 years I been using supps.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it turned brown, an ingredient is brown.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
I don't think it turned brown, an ingredient is brown.
Strange that PES support did not know that ?

Anyone else that can confirm?

Got this version
$_58.JPG

p_e_s_amino_IV_525g_nutrition-label_LRG.jpg

bdcc , kbayne , Aleksandar37 , LiveToLift , JudoJosh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where are you buying that version with a 2018 Expiration date?
Thats been pulled for well over a year off the market now.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Where are you buying that version with a 2018 Expiration date?
Thats been pulled for well over a year off the market now.
Bought it in Sweden.
Thought it was a bit strange though since the version with the Lemon Verbena was replaced around 2015-2016, or was it earlier?
That must make it the very last batch made to have and exp date of 09/2018 as they usually put 2 or 3 years on a amino product?

Got a lot nr and exp date in the bottom, and the jar is the one that is normally used by PES.
Came with the same seals just like any other PES product i have used.

20170531_130832.jpg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bought it in Sweden.
Thought it was a bit strange though since the version with the Lemon Verbena was replaced around 2015-2016, or was it earlier?
That must make it the very last batch made to have and exp date of 09/2018 as they usually put 2 or 3 years on a amino product?

Got a lot nr and exp date in the bottom, and the jar is the one that is normally used by PES.
Came with the same seals just like any other PES product i have used.
Yeah that version is literally impossible to find in the US, and why I asked because i enjoyed the HICA/lemon V addition in Amino IV personally. if I could get some I would use it no doubt.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Yeah that version is literally impossible to find in the US, and why I asked because i enjoyed the HICA/lemon V addition in Amino IV personally. if I could get some I would use it no doubt.
Any experience with the "brownish" of the powder?

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
I have not had it for multiple years. I do not remember man.
It's cool :)

It's pretty hard to get a hold of here in Sweden to but the store i bought it from have had some last batches of the old version of Alphamine as well before it ran out and is now replaced with the new version.
Same with the Amino IV old version, only 8 jars left then it's sold out :(
Was happy when i found it as i ran Amino IV before (about 3 years ago) and thought it was good.
Was the watermelon taste and as i can remember the power was white but not sure if it was the version with the Lemon V i ran...

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I have one tub of that version remaining. All of mine over the past ~3 years have had brown specks as well

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have also bought some tubs when it was sold for 10€ at a Dutch store. No problems with the blueberry edition, but watermelon was really clumped up, brownish and even after blending it, it was not really satisfying. I dumped the watermelon afterwards. But I am still not sure what exactly the problem was.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
I have one tub of that version remaining. All of mine over the past ~3 years have had brown specks as well
But was they as brownish as mine? A couple of specs I can take :)

I have also bought some tubs when it was sold for 10€ at a Dutch store. No problems with the blueberry edition, but watermelon was really clumped up, brownish and even after blending it, it was not really satisfying. I dumped the watermelon afterwards. But I am still not sure what exactly the problem was.
I crushed my chunks with a fork and it was good to use but then I also ran it through the blender and now it's fine as sand, literary even looks and feels like it :)

But look and taste is less important to me, what I'm worried about is loss in potency.
Are under a cut and the last thing I want is a product that does not deliver.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Was the watermellon under or over the EXP date?

Tried it during yesterdays workout and here is some quick thoughts.

- The powder has a strong smell when no mixed, not unpleasant but strong.
- Mixes easy and no grains in the bottle (who cares about grains anyway?)
- A LOT and i mean a LOT of forming. Not uncommon since it contains a lot of leucine.
- Taste was not so much blueberry and not so sweet but a more mellow soft taste. I actually enjoyed it (good to sip on during workouts).
- Color had a brownish, green/yellow look to it (hard to see as I a had a darker shaker and it was foaming on the top (who cares how it look as long as we skip the artificial coloring).

Effekt on a BCAA/EAA product i impossible to judge this quick and it's here is my worries lies since the product came badly clumped up and the powder was brownish and not white (most likely due to moisture reacting to the coloring of the product) = am I drinking colored/tasted water or has the product even though the above remained potent and still delivers what it's suppose to do?
Still under exp date so it should be but how has it been stored to came so "roughed" up. I know that some product are more prone to clumping due to less fillers (anti clumping agents) and other ingredients that a more prone to attract moisture.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the watermellon under or over the EXP date?

Tried it during yesterdays workout and here is some quick thoughts.

- The powder has a strong smell when no mixed, not unpleasant but strong.
- Mixes easy and no grains in the bottle (who cares about grains anyway?)
- A LOT and i mean a LOT of forming. Not uncommon since it contains a lot of leucine.
- Taste was not so much blueberry and not so sweet but a more mellow soft taste. I actually enjoyed it (good to sip on during workouts).
- Color had a brownish, green/yellow look to it (hard to see as I a had a darker shaker and it was foaming on the top (who cares how it look as long as we skip the artificial coloring).

Effekt on a BCAA/EAA product i impossible to judge this quick and it's here is my worries lies since the product came badly clumped up and the powder was brownish and not white (most likely due to moisture reacting to the coloring of the product) = am I drinking colored/tasted water or has the product even though the above remained potent and still delivers what it's suppose to do?
Still under exp date so it should be but how has it been stored to came so "roughed" up. I know that some product are more prone to clumping due to less fillers (anti clumping agents) and other ingredients that a more prone to attract moisture.
It was not yet expired. I don't know, I just dumped it. It simply did not feel right when I consumed it. Maybe also my imagination. I just sticked with Blueberry and now back to Xtend.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
It was not yet expired. I don't know, I just dumped it. It simply did not feel right when I consumed it. Maybe also my imagination. I just sticked with Blueberry and now back to Xtend.
The same feeling i have actually, don't know really just a gut feeling.

Any LOT# nr and EXP date on the blueberry?

No PES straff that want to have a word in this?

Picture of the drink mixed (2 scoops with 20 oz water)
20170601_140641.jpg

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lemon verbana made the powder turn a funny colour. One reason they stopped using it!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the product being fully sealed inside and out, with an expiration date of 09/18, the product should be completely fine.

Depending on if it was set in a hotter temperature, could cause it to become more of a brown color. The Lemon Verbena more than likely is what caused this. I have seen others report this brown coloring and it turned out fine.

I would contact the retailer and ask how/where they store the product.